For those who haven't tried vocal practice with a friend...

SputnikDXSputnikDX Road Warrior
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
The vocal harmonies in this game has to be one of the BEST features to grace a music game since the development of the genre. A vocal only video game with the harmony system in place would be enough to sell me, but the fact that it's thrown into a full band game, AND it's The Beatles is an absolute killer.

On to the topic, I made this thread to remind everyone who hasn't tried the vocal practice mode to give it a whirl. If you think vocal harmonies are too hard, get a friend who knows the lead and jam out with the guide pitch on to the harmonies. Learn a thing or two about vocal harmonies, and take that stuff into the real game. Nothing more satisfying than getting Double Fabs while jamming out with guitar and bass.

Seriously, get up on it. It's no joke.

Comments

• andreea03andreea03 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Yes! I love harmonies! I always sing with my sister and it's so much fun. Also if you have troubles theres always practice mode, and it has a pitch guide so you can actually hear what the harmony is supposed to sound like!
  • osteofightosteofight Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    With the past album releases I've roped a friend into doing harmonies with me on the day of release so we can shoot up the leaderboards before the pros get their acts together. Rubber Soul was very hard to do well.
    edited December 2009
    the pros already got their acts together ;)
    er... well not for the triple fab songs...
    on one of them i'm ranked second with only double fabs cuz i dont have a third person to sing with me and the person in first place has about 10,000 more points then i do so im guessing she got most triple fabs? I forgot which song this is, i'm pretty sure it's "The Word"
  • Viral CheeseViral Cheese Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I love harmonies. I just wish I had more people who would/could do them with me. The only person who does is my brother in law, and we can't get together to play very often.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I brought the game round to my friend's house and we played through Story mode in one night on the harmonies.

We occasionally replaced some of the lyrics with... other stuff...

We once made a setlist on it, and made all the songs about Cadbury's Fudge bars. Dear Fudgence, Here Comes The Fudge, Yellow Fudgearine.

Great fun.
  • UlriqueUlrique Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    PleasePleaseMeat;3384771 said:
    I brought the game round to my friend's house and we played through Story mode in one night on the harmonies.

We occasionally replaced some of the lyrics with... other stuff...

We once made a setlist on it, and made all the songs about Cadbury's Fudge bars. Dear Fudgence, Here Comes The Fudge, Yellow Fudgearine.

Great fun.
    Yeah, man, it sounds like it.
  • Kingston-BKingston-B Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Stupid question I'm sure but... Can ya do the harmonies with a second or third online player? I have no vocally talented friends, and even if I did, no second mic. yet. So can that be done?

It's not like I have any TB:RB friends anyway, but ya know, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...
    edited December 2009
    No, you need to have someone at your house, not online :(
  • Kingston-BKingston-B Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Boo-urns.

Thanx for answering!
  • DakeebDakeeb Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    The only people who I think could do harmonies with me would be my parents, who are big Beatles fans. But they'll probably have to sing the lead for simplicity's sake, and I know a lot of the harmonies so I'll do that while playing another instrument to keep me occupied. It'll be great fun!
  • BlueJayGuyBlueJayGuy Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I don't have friends that actually know any beatles song or want to sing it, so it sucks.

English/american people, you're lucky...