What do you think is the must underrated album?

Ringo 630Ringo 630 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Only asking because I saw that some albums aren't very appreciated.In the poll I tried to add all the albums but I couldn't so I added that which aren't very appreciated

Comments

• Ringo 630Ringo 630 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Inknow that I spelled wrong "most". Sorry!
  • RetroGamingRetroGaming Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    The fact that this isn't the first poll to omit A Hard Day's Night due to space further proves my point that A Hard Day's Night is underrated. I think it's their best from pre-Rubber Soul, but I don't think it's very popular on these forums.
  • RockStarrRockStarr Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I don't know about most underrated, but Revolver imo is definitely the most overrated.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    RockStarr;3380996 said:
    I don't know about most underrated, but Revolver imo is definitely the most overrated.
    This right here, is what we call crazy talk...

---

I chose "Let It Be," as I think it's got a ton of great cuts that never got the true appreciation they deserve. Songs like "Dig a Pony," "I Me Mine," and "Two of Us" are amazing.
  • elitemastersamelitemastersam Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Yellow Submarine shouldn't even be included in the poll.

The most underrated album, at least in these forums, is With The Beatles.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Let It Be, considering that Rolling Stones gave it a freaking 3/5.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Thrasher9294;3381050 said:
    Let It Be, considering that Rolling Stones gave it a freaking 3/5.
    You take them seriously?

Yesterday And Today, or should I say dismembered babies?
  • RockStarrRockStarr Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Jerkinator;3381004 said:
    This right here, is what we call crazy talk...

Ok, I love Revolver with all my heart, but I just don't understand how it can stand up to Sgt. Pepper and albums like Abbey Road at all. Here's my reasoning:

If memory serves, Revolver was recorded in approximately 2 weeks, give or take. Next album after Revolver--Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper took 5 months and tons of overdubs. They were pretty much the same people at the recordings as only few months separated the albums.... they put all of their effort into one, and two weeks into the other. Yet, the two week album is regarded as better.

Actually, I always kinda thought Rubber Soul was a little better than Revolver (don't kill me :eek:) but I just always thought that the Beatles' post-touring albums were simply better.

P.S. Not trying to put anyone down at all and I totally respect others' opinions - this is simply in my opinion. Anyway, In the end, we all love the Beatles :D
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Definitely Beatles for Sale. Everyone says it's their worst album (not including Yellow Submarine) but it's an amazing album. Yes, there are more covers than the other albums but they are still good songs. If I had to choose a second, it would be Let it Be and a third would be With the Beatles. The rest of the albums seem to all be looked upon well.
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Captain Zepp 07;3381084 said:
    You take them seriously?

Yesterday And Today, or should I say dismembered babies?
    They also put Let It Be 90 something on their list of top 500 albums. I would've slammed it too when it first came out. Things change over time.
  • PepperlandPepperland Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I personally think With the Beatles is completely underrated. There's a lot of good stuff on it.
  • YesguyYesguy Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Yellow Submarine. It's got some great songs on side 1! And I actually like the orchestral arrangements on side 2!

"It doesn't really matter what chords I play, what words I say, or time of day it is... "

--Only a Northern Song, another great song on Yellow Submarine
  • JelfossJelfoss Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Yesguy;3382082 said:
    Yellow Submarine. It's got some great songs on side 1! And I actually like the orchestral arrangements on side 2!
    Exactly what I was going to say. I don't know why people hate it so much.
  • JoyterpolJoyterpol Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Magical Mystery Tour

The opening run of songs are so under-appreciated.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Let It Be Definitely, just because Phil Spector hammered the songs doesn't make them any worst. There are some beautiful songs on there too.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Abbey Road most underrated lol.

Magical Mystery Tour is underrated with the real world, but it seems here it's almost a bit overrated.
  • Dr._Frasier_CraneDr._Frasier_Crane Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    RockStarr;3381097 said:
    Ok, I love Revolver with all my heart, but I just don't understand how it can stand up to Sgt. Pepper and albums like Abbey Road at all. Here's my reasoning:

If memory serves, Revolver was recorded in approximately 2 weeks, give or take. Next album after Revolver--Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper took 5 months and tons of overdubs. They were pretty much the same people at the recordings as only few months separated the albums.... they put all of their effort into one, and two weeks into the other. Yet, the two week album is regarded as better.

For one, Revolver was recorded over two months, not weeks. There was plenty of effort put into that album. For example, George Harrison spent a long time getting the backwards guitar solos right for I'm Only Sleeping.

Two, I wouldn't say that the group put "all their effort" into Sgt. Pepper and little into Revolver. It was really one person putting so much into Sgt. Pepper (McCartney) while the others just wanted to cut an album (this was specifically stated by George Harrison in the Beatles Anthology). John Lennon also had a large input into the album, but it clearly was mostly a McCartney project. It doesn't make it a bad album, but it does not represent the entire group as well as Revolver did, imo.

That's why I believe Revolver to be their best album. It not only contains 14 amazing songs, but everyone in the group is represented well. There's an equal number of Lennon and McCartney songs (5 each) as well as 3 Harrison songs (the most he contributed to a Beatles album outside of the White Album) and Yellow Submarine (which doesn't really fit nicely into any category, since I don't count it as a Ringo song since he didn't write it, but I don't count it as a McCartney song either).

In short, more Harrison= :), less Harrison = :(

Back on topic, Beatles For Sale is definitely their most underrated work. Sure there are a lot of covers, but they're mostly good ones and all of the original songs are fantastic.
  • BeatlesPhins1BeatlesPhins1 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Beatles For Sale followed closely by Let It Be. Honorable mention goes to Magical Mystery Tour, but that's mostly because it was released as an EP in the UK.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    MostSpartan14;3381202 said:
    Definitely Beatles for Sale. Everyone says it's their worst album (not including Yellow Submarine) but it's an amazing album. Yes, there are more covers than the other albums but they are still good songs. If I had to choose a second, it would be Let it Be and a third would be With the Beatles. The rest of the albums seem to all be looked upon well.
    This. People don't give Beatles for Sale.
    Yesguy;3382082 said:
    People buy Beatles albums to listen to the Beatles, not orchestral arrangements. Not only that, but of the 6 songs in the A-Side, 2 were in previous albums already.
  • PectoralzPectoralz Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    MostSpartan14;3381202 said:
    Yes it is it's true, yes it is...
  • BlueJayGuyBlueJayGuy Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Yellow Submarine.

Why?

Simply;

Only a Northern Song
    Hey Bulldog
    It's All Too Much

And one of the most creative soundtracks of one of the best music-group-based-cartoon-movie of all times

This and Magical Mystery Tour. But MMT it's just because of all the psychedellia style and all these things.

People now wants rock, and avoid keyboards, synths, violins, cellos...

Those who have studied music and play piano/violin/oboe/etc. know what i'm talking about.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    BlueJayGuy;3386596 said:
    Yellow Submarine.

Why?

Simply;

Only a Northern Song
    Hey Bulldog
    It's All Too Much

And one of the most creative soundtracks of one of the best music-group-based-cartoon-movie of all times
    Wow, you named 3 of the 4 original songs in the album. Amazing!