How many of you would really buy a whole DLC album?

danya101danya101 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I have not bought a whole album, only a couple songs i like
if they do release a new album, how many of you would buy the whole album and not just one or a couple songs that you really like
i dont care much for the complete album, the only two songs i would really like to buy is "Hey Jude" and "She Loves You"
otherwise, at 2 bucks a song, i would rather spend my money elsewhere

Comments

• Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I'd buy the full Please Please Me album to...er...Please Me...
  • quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Why wouldn't I buy the whole album? The Beatles never made a bad song.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I have to buy a full album. I'm a fan of the Beatles, so to me it's natural to want every DLC album.

And I have two of them already, BTW (Rubber Soul and Sgt. Pepper).
  • elitemastersamelitemastersam Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I bought Abbey Road and Rubber Soul, and got Sgt. Pepper's for free. If I hadn't successfully snagged a Sgt. Pepper's full album code, I would have purchased a few songs but not the entire album. But now that I've got all the DLC, I am kind of in the mindset that I need to have it all, so I may get all the full albums if possible.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I plan on buying every single song they put out on the game. I see albums as albums, and less as just some songs I like.
  • KanayeKanaye Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Full albums for me. For example, you couldn't get the medley if you've not bought the Abbey Road album. Plus there are songs I just might find myself enjoying playing .

I'd like to think that I come out better buying the full album instead of buying each single song available for DLC, plus there's a bit of bang for my buck.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    instantdeath999;3383618 said:
    I'm completely the opposite... I would have to buy the full album. Very completionist type. More often than not, I can usually find songs that I like better than the big hits. For example, I prefer "Revolution" to Hey Jude ten fold, and would much rather have This Boy, or even Thank You Girl (both early B-sides), than She Loves You.
    Hobotivo;3383628 said:
    Me, absolutely. I've bought all 3 so far and I'll keep buying so long as they keep releasing.
    quinaking;3383631 said:
    TheBeatleHead;3383634 said:
    I have to buy a full album. I'm a fan of the Beatles, so to me it's natural to want every DLC album.

And I have two of them already, BTW (Rubber Soul and Sgt. Pepper).
    DookieMan;3383656 said:
    I plan on buying every single song they put out on the game. I see albums as albums, and less as just some songs I like.
    Kanaye;3383679 said:
    Full albums for me. For example, you couldn't get the medley if you've not bought the Abbey Road album. Plus there are songs I just might find myself enjoying playing .

I'd like to think that I come out better buying the full album instead of buying each single song available for DLC, plus there's a bit of bang for my buck.
    Which really sucks if you're on Wii :(
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    As others have stated already, I'll buy every album that comes out--Every single solitary piece of Beatles music Harmonix makes available for the game. I own a Wii, and I don't mind having to buy each track individually. It's better than not having the songs--or the game--at all.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Full Albums! The Beatles are meant to be experienced as full albums. I will buy every album they release on this game. There is not a single song yet released that isn't great.
  • MurdocisGod1990MurdocisGod1990 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I'm going to change it up a bit, I would by the Full albums. Like others have said there has never been a bad Beatles album and I have had a blast with the 3 that have been released. Best money I ever spent. :D
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I've bought all 3 so far.

Probably would buy about 1/2 the full albums that are left too. Just not quite as into their older stuff.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I purchase full albums whenever the option is available. It's sorta dumb when people complain about there not being enough albums to download when all they ever do is buy the popular couple singles.
  • rocknrolxdxrocknrolxdx Banned
    edited December 2009
    Usually I just crutch some numbers, if its cheeper to buy the whole album then the select few songs then I get the album and if its close(by 1 or 2 songs) then I usually get the album and don't feel to bad about the songs I didn't want that I have because I got the discount for buying the album.
  • XxxadxxXXxxadxxX Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    All of it!!!!!
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    rocknrolxdx;3383926 said:
    Usually I just crutch some numbers, if its cheeper to buy the whole album then the select few songs then I get the album and if its close(by 1 or 2 songs) then I usually get the album and don't feel to bad about the songs I didn't want that I have because I got the discount for buying the album.
    same here
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    quinaking;3383631 said:
    That's a lie and you know it.

But, yeah. I'd say most Beatles fans would not hesitate to buy the whole thing.
  • kkawachikkawachi Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    A Beatles "Bad Song" is still pretty high above most stuff.

I get every album on the day of release on Wii, and take the day off to enjoy them.
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    ^
    This is true. Beatles "bad" songs are usually just "weirder" than they are "bad".
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    Weird isn't the same as bad... Revolution 9 is honestly one of my favorite Beatles songs.
  • DakeebDakeeb Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I feel like some are still plain ol' bad. I think "Do You Want to Know a Secret" is one of the laziest songs they ever churned out after three seconds of thought, and it shows by being completely forgettable.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    i bought all 3 albums, and will buy the entire discography if they make it.
    like a couple of persons replied, i often prefer deepcuts and b-sides..
    and thats not just for beatles, thats for any and all artists in general.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Dakeeb;3384299 said:
    I feel like some are still plain ol' bad. I think "Do You Want to Know a Secret" is one of the laziest songs they ever churned out after three seconds of thought, and it shows by being completely forgettable.
    That's funny, because I love this song and it seems to me like one of their more memorable cuts off their first few albums!
  • wrecklasswrecklass Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Jerkinator;3384354 said:
    That's funny, because I love this song and it seems to me like one of their more memorable cuts off their first few albums!
    I agree, everyone's taste is different.

However, I would agree with the general sentiment, the worst Beatles Song is better than the best songs of just about anyone. That's why I have and will continue to buy entire albums.

It's also why I have both the Complete remastered Stereo and Mono collections. Purist, completionist, and Fab Four Fanatic.
  • KanayeKanaye Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    gamegyro56;3383693 said:
    Which really sucks if you're on Wii :(
    I'll gift you a bigger SD card. That ok? :cheers:
  • danya101danya101 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    just got the remastered stereo set, and your all absolutely right
    i need to download these albums!
  • quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    l-o-t;3384113 said:
    That's a lie and you know it.

But, yeah. I'd say most Beatles fans would not hesitate to buy the whole thing.
    Revolution 9 doesn't count, Yoko Ono and John Lennon both decided to take a **** and mix it together and see what it sounded like if you put it on a moving record.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Albums over single songs for me. It is not just for the songs but for the visuals, the feel and whole presentation of the game.
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    wouldnt feel right if I just bought the singles
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I'll definitely buy every full album or single pack they release. I must have it all!
  • skylabskylab Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I have all 3 and would buy the full albums all the time. Want them all.