help the old guy with DLC

oldguyloves2playoldguyloves2play Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
i've downloaded the oct and nov DLC for beatles rock band, but now i can't get connected to the server to download the dec stuff.

i'm on a Wii, and can still download guitar hero dlc without a problem. i have 1800 free blocks on the wii system memory and 20,000+ on my SD card.

when i go to the music store, i see the screen with "new releases" or "songs" as the options. whichever one i select, it goes to the screen with the available song titles for about 2 seconds, then i get an error message saying that i cannot connect to the server because i need 1 (one) free block in the wii system memory. i seem to have plenty of free blocks, and nintendo tech support has been no help. my last downloads for beatles rb was on dec 1st.

can any body help the old guy? i need some new beatles to get me through the holdays.

Comments

• onidragononidragon Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    It's a glitch in your Wii's memory. It happened to me when I tried Downloading some games on Virtual Console. Delete some stuff you don't need anymore and try again.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Hey, fellow old-guy, you're not alone: A lot of Wii owners have had this issue with the Rubber Soul downloads. While waiting for a more informed reply than mine, check through the older posts for some of the recent discussions on the topic. Best of luck: I'm sure this'll have a happy ending. :)
  • oldguyloves2playoldguyloves2play Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    i tried moving some stuff over to my SD card, but that didn't help.

i tried calling the EA tech support, and guess what, they are closed for the holidays. they just sold how many games for christmas and they are closed? that's some real BS. you'd think they'd be working overtime with all the questions and support needed with all the new games.

guess i'm just old school...
  • azcoyotedogazcoyotedog Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    oldguyloves2play;3387102 said:
    i tried moving some stuff over to my SD card, but that didn't help.

If you haven't been able to get answers to your questions, I'd be more than happy to help. . . send me a detailed email to [EMAIL="coyotedog@cox.net"]coyotedog@cox.net[/EMAIL], explain what you are doing and what the screen response is, etc. ok? If you were able to download the earlier DLC, you should have no trouble downloading the newer stuff.
  • ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    oldguyloves2play;3387102 said:
    i tried calling the EA tech support, and guess what, they are closed for the holidays. they just sold how many games for christmas and they are closed? that's some real BS. you'd think they'd be working overtime with all the questions and support needed with all the new games.
    Yes, because people don't deserve a break over the Holidays...:rolleyes:
  • justicebostonjusticeboston Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    how often do you need to refer to your age?