Kit in magma vs cymbals in reaper

DHatchDHatch Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Rock Band Network
In all the specs/faq files i've been reading i was told you use a seperate cymbals audio stem when authoring in reaper (in addition to kick, snare, and overall kit). When you build im Magma it only provides you with the chance to submit only the kick, snare and kit audio files. What's the purpose for the cymbal files being seperate if they're not playable parts? What gets muted out when you don't play the high-hats or cymbals?

Thanks!

Comments

• kenekekeneke Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    The cymbals would be in the kit track, so it would be muted if a non-kick/snare gem was missed.

Nice thing about having the cymbals separate is it will make authoring their parts easier.
  • DHatchDHatch Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    keneke;3388147 said:
    The cymbals would be in the kit track, so it would be muted if a non-kick/snare gem was missed.

Nice thing about having the cymbals separate is it will make authoring their parts easier.
    Thanks. Are you saying to use the cymbals stem from reaper in the kit track part in magma? Or are you saying that the cymbals are audibly present in the kit track stem so just use the kit track stem in magma?
    IF the second part is true, since they are seperate i need to render the cymbals down to the kit track after i use them for authoring?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited December 2009
    DHatch;3388284 said:
    Thanks. Are you saying to use the cymbals stem from reaper in the kit track part in magma? Or are you saying that the cymbals are audibly present in the kit track stem so just use the kit track stem in magma?
    IF the second part is true, since they are seperate i need to render the cymbals down to the kit track after i use them for authoring?
    Yes. Assuming you've got separate kick and snare tracks, the kit track should contain everything else that's not the snare or kick drum.
  • kenekekeneke Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Yep, what trg007 said, sorry for the late reply.