Drummer not playing in auditon mode

DHatchDHatch Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
For some reason the drummer is not playing anything in the animations during audition mode. I am playing a venue (not practice hall) and all the instruments are on autoplay. The guitar player, bass player and singer are moving just fine but the drummer just sits there bobbing his head, no arm or foot movements. What am i missing?

Thanks!

Comments

• kenekekeneke Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Did you set up the animations in the drum track? If you have the RB add ons installed in Reaper, they're at the bottom of the drum midi track. You also need a play text event in the drum track.
  • DHatchDHatch Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    keneke;3388140 said:
    Did you set up the animations in the drum track? If you have the RB add ons installed in Reaper, they're at the bottom of the drum midi track. You also need a play text event in the drum track.
    Crap! just scrolled down and realized that you have to create the drum animations. Thanks! The play text event is there, but i need to do the animations part. One thing i've learned about creating songs in RB is every time you think you are closer to being done, 5 more things pop up. Is there a way to auto generate the drum animations? I thought i remember reading that once.

Thanks!
  • kenekekeneke Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, it seems like there's always something to tweak :)

You can create default animations from Magma by selecting the thrid tab, Game Data, then selecting a midi file to generate to.

I've not used the default stuff so am not sure how it will turn out. If you give it a go it'd be cool to see what you think.

Doing it by hand isn't super difficult, depending on how picky you want to be. I usually copy the Expert Bass, Snare, Hi-Hat, Crash and Ride charts one at a time and paste them in the appropriate animation slot. Does a reasonable job, you can take it from there for any left hand/right hand snares and different toms/cymbals if you really want to.

I tended to pay more attention to areas that I knew I had the drummer being focused on for the uber details.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    keneke;3390406 said:
    Yeah, it seems like there's always something to tweak :)

You can create default animations from Magma by selecting the thrid tab, Game Data, then selecting a midi file to generate to.

I've not used the default stuff so am not sure how it will turn out. If you give it a go it'd be cool to see what you think.

Doing it by hand isn't super difficult, depending on how picky you want to be. I usually copy the Expert Bass, Snare, Hi-Hat, Crash and Ride charts one at a time and paste them in the appropriate animation slot. Does a reasonable job, you can take it from there for any left hand/right hand snares and different toms/cymbals if you really want to.

I tended to pay more attention to areas that I knew I had the drummer being focused on for the uber details.
    Yea, copying straight from Expert is the fastest way. Guitar and bass, though, are a bit tougher; you'll want the actual tabs to get a perfectly accurate hand animation, but at the very least there's spreading out and cleaning up you'd have to do for it to register.

But look at it this way, the actual authoring is the tough part. Animation and venue cues are where you get to really have fun. :)