Ps3?

xiownallxxiownallx Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
will or is this ever going to be on playstation 3? are there any rumours?

Comments

• KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    It will happen as soon as Sony decides to develop a platform that the RBN can run from.
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited December 2009
  • DHatchDHatch Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    xiownallx;3387931 said:
    will or is this ever going to be on playstation 3? are there any rumours?
    Don't ask me where, but i've read or heard quotes that they are working on putting it out on PS3 secondarily to 360...then eventually the Wii if they can figure it out. It was from one of the developers.
  • jonathedjonathed Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    hi do you know haw to buy songs for rock band 2
    edited December 2009
    cause a had bought some but u cant play them
    edited December 2009
    has anybody known
    please
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I think it's been officially said that there will be an RBN store for PS3, but it won't have all of the songs. They haven't announced what portion of the songs it will have, what criteria will be used to determine which songs make it over (last I read, bands would be offered the ability to put their songs on PS3 at "Harmonix's Discretion," which I'm guessing focuses mostly on popularity but also takes into account things like getting a good distribution of genres), or whether there's any sort of time delay and how long it will be if there is one (both for the release of RBN itself and individual songs).

The actual song creation and review parts will probably not come to the PS3. At the very least, they almost certainly won't come until Sony gets some sort of XNA-like infrastructure set up, and even then there's no guarantee.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Quazi, that is the most logical description of the likely outcome of this that I have read. Which means it's what I think too :)
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    jonathed;3388332 said:
    hi do you know haw to buy songs for rock band 2

Don't spam the forums and triple post <_<
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Well, they recently released the new patch that put down some infrastructure for RBN, it's coming soon.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    dady5000;3419839 said:
    Well, they recently released the new patch that put down some infrastructure for RBN, it's coming soon.
    The recently released PS3 patch put down some code in the PS3 version in RB2 that allows for them to move some RBN songs into the PS3 RBN Store, yes. But that's as far as it goes for now.