Possibly of Unannounced DLC?

SetherexSetherex Rising Star
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Is there a likelihood that Harmonix will simply release the DLC with a press-release unexpectedly, rather than have an announcement too long beforehand?

It is coming close to the next expected date for DLC (January 12th). At this point, Harmonix could simply release the screenshots / press release / trailer the Friday beforehand, and release the DLC on Tuesday.

If so, January 8th is the day to watch for :P

Comments

• SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Could be. The first three albums are probably the only DLC that we're going to know about months before hand. It would be cool to be suprised by Harmonix if they use this tactic.
  • BLARGCOWBLARGCOW Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    i can see into the future there will be no more dlc ever sorry
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    They might do that but I think it's much more likely that they will announce it long beforehand. At least more than a week before it comes out.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    i really wonder, what the future holds for us...
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I think there will be more Beatles DLC, but it's going to be a while before it comes.

Also, it probably would come on the 19th not the 12th if we did get more in January.
    edited December 2009
    Kariodude;3390151 said:

Also, it probably would come on the 19th not the 12th if we did get more in January.
    Why the 19th? The 12th is, if I'm not mistaken, 4 weeks after the release of Rubber Soul. Every album so far has been released 4 weeks after the previous so it would probably be the same for the next album. The only reason why I could see it being different is because they might need more time for the next album. It may not have been worked on as long because they waited to see sales numbers before working on the next album or it's an earlier album that needs more time to make than later ones.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Unannounced dlc for this game would be financial suicide.
  • SetherexSetherex Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    CCDaDon;3390315 said:
    Unannounced dlc for this game would be financial suicide.
    Because clearly, no company has ever successfully added DLC to a game having announced it 4 days earlier.
    edited December 2009
    Setherex;3390400 said:
    Because clearly, no company has ever successfully added DLC to a game having announced it 4 days earlier.
    There's a difference between 4 days and no days. Lets look at it like this. Lets say the do spontaneously release the next DLC album, song pack, whatever. Everyone who has to buy point cards and PSN cards to buy DLC are pissed because they didn't give enough warning so they could buy it day one. Harmonix also loses the ability to hype up an upcoming release with commercials and trailers.

For the regular Rock Band game it would work because the people who buy DLC for the game don't need commercials and trailers and VH1 corner pop ups to know when and what is in the game. With this game they do.
  • ColbyTheShortieColbyTheShortie Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    i hope they put out more i don't care which album it is!!!! hopefully we get more
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    The main RB DLC is unknown untill the Friday before, why can't The Beatles be that way too?
    edited December 2009
    CCDaDon;3390420 said:
    There's a difference between 4 days and no days. Lets look at it like this. Lets say the do spontaneously release the next DLC album, song pack, whatever. Everyone who has to buy point cards and PSN cards to buy DLC are pissed because they didn't give enough warning so they could buy it day one. Harmonix also loses the ability to hype up an upcoming release with commercials and trailers.

For the regular Rock Band game it would work because the people who buy DLC for the game don't need commercials and trailers and VH1 corner pop ups to know when and what is in the game. With this game they do.

Did you read the first post? At all? >_>
    edited December 2009
    Setherex;3390702 said:

Did you read the first post? At all? >_>
    -______-. I read the title and posted away. *sigh*. Though for future reference, don't have the title and the OP contradict each other.
  • SagemindSagemind Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Harmonix, if you're watching...I WANT REVOLVER!
  • quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Harmonix, if your watching... IGNORE THE PERSON ABOVE ME BECAUSE MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR
    edited December 2009
    MostSpartan14;3390168 said:
    Why the 19th? The 12th is, if I'm not mistaken, 4 weeks after the release of Rubber Soul. Every album so far has been released 4 weeks after the previous so it would probably be the same for the next album.
    That's one way to look at it. I was looking at the albums being released the 3rd Tuesday of every month. If they do that, then the 19th would be the release date.
  • cutmaclasscutmaclass Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    MostSpartan14;3390168 said:
    Why the 19th? The 12th is, if I'm not mistaken, 4 weeks after the release of Rubber Soul. Every album so far has been released 4 weeks after the previous so it would probably be the same for the next album. The only reason why I could see it being different is because they might need more time for the next album. It may not have been worked on as long because they waited to see sales numbers before working on the next album or it's an earlier album that needs more time to make than later ones.
    Because no one at Harmonix takes time off during Christmas or New Years :rolleyes:

If you're expecting DLC for this game in January that hasn't been announced, I feel bad for you. You think that immediately after wrapping up developing three full albums they are going to ask for more from Apple, get access to the masters immediately, and then go to work developing another, not-promised-or-mentioned-at-all to the Rock band community DLC album, all within a four week span? Don't think so.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    DLC Was canceled, I read it somewhere saying it wasn't profitable, and with the albums already put out, they don't need to put anymore.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    cutmaclass;3390954 said:
    Because no one at Harmonix takes time off during Christmas or New Years :rolleyes:

If you're expecting DLC for this game in January that hasn't been announced, I feel bad for you. You think that immediately after wrapping up developing three full albums they are going to ask for more from Apple, get access to the masters immediately, and then go to work developing another, not-promised-or-mentioned-at-all to the Rock band community DLC album, all within a four week span? Don't think so.
    Why not? HMX easily plans things in advance without our knowledge. Could be a New Years surprise where they announce the next albums, including a January one.
    edited December 2009
    cutmaclass;3390954 said:

That's assuming they didn't begin working on the next album until after Rubber Soul was released. If we're getting another album, I'm sure they began work on it before Rubber Soul was released and possibly even before Sgt. Pepper's was released.
  • l-o-tl-o-t Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    SystemSCSnake;3390974 said:
    DLC Was canceled, I read it somewhere saying it wasn't profitable, and with the albums already put out, they don't need to put anymore.
    In that case, the decent thing for Harmonix to do would be to tell us there's no more. Instead of just leaving us scratching our heads and going "I want MOAR!!!!1!!1!1!!!".

Also, a link would be fantastic if you could dig one up.
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I don't know but posting 5,000 threads about DLC isn't gonna help.
    edited December 2009
    cutmaclass;3390954 said:

Who said the next album was worked on over a four week span?
  • edited December 2009
    I have high hopes that we're going to get most, if not all, of the Beatles catalog in here. At least the main albums. The singles/rarities would be nice too.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    l-o-t;3391001 said:
    In that case, the decent thing for Harmonix to do would be to tell us there's no more. Instead of just leaving us scratching our heads and going "I want MOAR!!!!1!!1!1!!!".

Also, a link would be fantastic if you could dig one up.
    He was joking I'm sure. There hasn't been any word one way or another from anybody involved with the game.
  • skylabskylab Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I think if we don't get any more DLC's then this game is dead !!!!!!. It will put people who want TB-RB but have not bought it yet of from buying it. This game needs more content to keep it going from strength to strength.
    edited December 2009
    Setherex;3391062 said:
    Who said the next album was worked on over a four week span?
    Well, since they were waiting to see how the 3 albums did before getting new albums for DLC, that would mean that they would have to make that decision right after Rubber Soul was released and they would have 4 weeks to get the DLC ready before January 12 or 19.
  • ZooropaZooropa Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Clearly this is exactly what they're going to do.
    They're gonna act like usual, like it was before TBRB, then one Friday in the announcements they'll say.

*album name* Beatles Rock Band DLC Official Details

I mean this isn't any different from other DLC apart from it only comes out every once in a while.
    Patience is a virtue.
  • CamRockmanZillaCamRockmanZilla Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I think it's certain that more DLC is planned. And Harmonix most know that by keeping tight lipped about certain details, it just builds demand.
  • KanayeKanaye Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Do we have numbers of how well did Beatles DLC did across all three consoles?
  • Hess1275Hess1275 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Kariodude;3391150 said:
    Well, since they were waiting to see how the 3 albums did before getting new albums for DLC, that would mean that they would have to make that decision right after Rubber Soul was released and they would have 4 weeks to get the DLC ready before January 12 or 19.
    I doubt they would wait till Rubber Soul was released knowing the album was coming out in December (Christmas shopping time)

More likely, the decision would have been made in November, immediately after Sgt Pepper's. Coincidentally, this is the same time that Harmonix CEO said that he NEVER said that if the DLC did poorly that they would pull the plug. He simply said the decision was not made yet.