Time to bag yourself a guitar

Mutley93Mutley93 Opening Act
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Well if your in the UK many shops have slashed the price of Gretsch and Rickenbacker Guitars as well as the full Limited Edition Bundle.

I picked up a Gretsch Duo today at HMV for £30! On Playstation 3, Thats $48.59 and 33Euros so not bad.

I also saw the Rickenbacker at £30 there as well. And the Limited Editon Bundle was slashed to £109 in GAME.

Just a heads up ^^

Comments

• deediaredeediare Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Bah, I envy you so much. Those don't even exist anymore where I live.
  • MarioUKMarioUK Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I was meant to get a Gretsch for Christmas however Play.com (a UK online store for those who aren't aware) messed up the order and 2 weeks later, still no delivery. Exactly the same thing has happened to my mate too, so I suspect they were still taking orders long after their stock ran out, although they waited till today to say they are out of stock. Not sure I'll use play.com again as this is not the first time they have messed up orders, they are certainly not the company they used to be.

Anyway, if anyone is struggling to get stock in the UK, shopto.net still have limited numbers of guitars at sub-£50 prices. This is where we have now ordered my present from.
  • JohnDaddyoJohnDaddyo Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Being a "newbie and an "oldie" at the same time, I guess I'll ask...

Is it not possible to purchase the instruments separately? I already have the Gretsch and Rickenbacker.
  • Mutley93Mutley93 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    MarioUK;3391672 said:
    I was meant to get a Gretsch for Christmas however Play.com (a UK online store for those who aren't aware) messed up the order and 2 weeks later, still no delivery. Exactly the same thing has happened to my mate too, so I suspect they were still taking orders long after their stock ran out, although they waited till today to say they are out of stock. Not sure I'll use play.com again as this is not the first time they have messed up orders, they are certainly not the company they used to be.

Anyway, if anyone is struggling to get stock in the UK, shopto.net still have limited numbers of guitars at sub-£50 prices. This is where we have now ordered my present from.
    Ouch, ive never used Play.com before i usually use HMV as ive never had a problem with them before (Except when my TBRB bundle was a day late and i decided to complain to see if i get anything, and i got my postage back and 3 extra free song codes :D)
    JohnDaddyo;3391672 said:
    Being a "newbie and an "oldie" at the same time, I guess I'll ask...

Is it not possible to purchase the instruments separately? I already have the Gretsch and Rickenbacker.
    No at the moment you can't, you have to buy the Mic, the Mic Stand, The Hofner and Drums in the bundle. However the mic and stands are all over the internet.

I think thats answered your question :D
  • MarioUKMarioUK Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Mutley93;3391766 said:
    Ouch, ive never used Play.com before i usually use HMV as ive never had a problem with them before (Except when my TBRB bundle was a day late and i decided to complain to see if i get anything, and i got my postage back and 3 extra free song codes :D)
    My recommendation? Never use them! Just been reading of hundreds of complaints people have had with them. Since coming under new ownership something is definitely afoot with them.

Good deal with HMV, can't argue at that eh. As they say, if you don't ask, you don't get!