The Final Countdown... Tips?

goodSuMgoodSuM Unsigned
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
So, as someone who once got 5 stars on "Through the Fire and Flames" on Guitar Hero III, I cannot get 100% on this solo. Best I've ever done is 86%. Anyone have any tips on how to do this? Someone told me to turn on breakneck speed (so there's more spacing) or whatever that modifier is called, but I haven't tried yet.

Comments

• Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited January 2010
    There is no such thing like "tips" on Rock Band, unlike a platformer or FPS games, because you need a more physical ability to achieve something in the game. All you need is PRACTICE.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    The best tip I can give for this is to accept that you will be forever stuck at 99% achievement completion for this game.

Lord knows I have. ;)
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    You could also try taking it to practice mode if you haven't already. It sure looks like you could use some, because I got 81% on my sightread, and I still cower in fear from Jordan, let alone TTFAF... :)
  • nighthawk2727nighthawk2727 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I haven't unlocked the song yet, but I have seen videos. It looks extremely difficult to pull of 100% as it is long and relatively fast. I would say the obvious is practice..but perhaps try using nothing but the high fret solo buttons on the Strat so you don't have to worry about strumming?
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I find it easiest to actually tap the whole thing on the strat solo buttons. Root your first finger on the green with one hand and do the triangle hammeron with your other, and then move up
  • Ram-Ram117Ram-Ram117 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    nighthawk2727;3398570 said:
    I haven't unlocked the song yet, but I have seen videos. It looks extremely difficult to pull of 100% as it is long and relatively fast. I would say the obvious is practice..but perhaps try using nothing but the high fret solo buttons on the Strat so you don't have to worry about strumming?
    i thought it was already unlocked in freeplay? I haven't gotten far, but I already have it.
  • RidethePiggyRidethePiggy Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    If you 5*'d TTFAF you're probably used to tapping and tapping snakes is one of the easiest techniques for these games.

Go to practice, work on your tapping!
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    i always got 92% of the solo :( man
    edited January 2010
    I actually have been practicing this song in practice mode and damn it is tough. I main vocals and if I do anything else it is BASS. This is a serious kick to the head by HMX. I agree there should be a harder achievement in the game, but getting 100% on a difficult solo? That favors the guitar players..Time consuming I can handle, passing a song on expert I can handle (Visions, GGaHT), but getting 100% on a difficult solo? Lame.. It should have been get 95% or better on the solo.. NOT 100%

Sigh.. I've made it to 70% speed and I think that is where I'll be for the next year. Practicing something I know I'm never going to be able to do seems really...infuriating. I can practice all I want, but when it comes down to it I will never get 100%..99% sure, but there will be at least ONE screw up.
  • Anarchy_BalsacAnarchy_Balsac Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Well, if you have the original Rock Band, playing the Green Grass and High Tides solos on expert should make it feel a whole lot easier. Albiet, there's no achievement requiring anyone to score 100% notes hit on them to my knowledge, but still.....
  • M3L0DYM3L0DY Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    try to move your hand up and down while use only your first 3 fingers, since they are the strongest. It works......`give it a trÿ
  • RichRockBandUKRichRockBandUK Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I 5 starred that song first time on vocals :P
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited January 2010
    RichRockBandUK;3420083 said:
    I 5 starred that song first time on vocals :P
    If you paid attention to anything in this thread you'd know they were talking about guitar.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2010
    Solo buttons might make it easier, or alt strumming if that helps you keep your rhythm.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Someone told me to turn on breakneck speed (so there's more spacing) or whatever that modifier is called, but I haven't tried yet.
    Which would be cheating.
  • Davros22Davros22 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    -_- I managed 99% earlier
  • Anarchy_BalsacAnarchy_Balsac Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Thrasher9294;3429780 said:
    Which would be cheating.
    Or more accurately, they probably told him that as a prank.
  • RidethePiggyRidethePiggy Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Which would be cheating.
    Using the strum bar is cheating too.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    Which would be cheating.
    Only if the game disables achievements/saving/leaderboards like some games do...otherwise you're good to go.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited January 2010
    T-Hybrid;3431299 said:
    Only if the game disables achievements/saving/leaderboards like some games do...otherwise you're good to go.
    Which it doesn't do with Breakneck Speed. And I don't see it as "cheating" in any way.
    edited January 2010
    Breakneck speed isn't cheating.. it just spaces the notes out. It is still as fast as it would be without it.

I've pretty much given up hope. The closest I would get is 99%. There are just too many notes going to fast to NOT screw up at least one time..
    :(
  • WeirdpeopleWeirdpeople Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    the highest i can do on the solo is 64-65% :(