When's the open beta start?

evets90evets90 Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I heard that it has started/will be starting soon and that you can sign up somewhere on the forums...is this right?

Comments

• xRagexRage Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    well, there's a "Free Trial" sticky listed here, go check out that topic
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    They aren't taking anymore submissions for that. Also, if you don't get in for free through that thread, then you have to pay the $100 yearly fee to be in the beta.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    You're not paying 100 bucks to be in the beta.

You are paying 100 bucks per year to be a premier member in Micro$oft's XNA Creator Club, which you need to be in order to submit or test songs.

In the beta you get a 4 month trial but it only seems to work if you don't already have a membership. After that you must pay anyway, so no big deal.
  • evets90evets90 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Thanks to everyone who helped me in this thread, I didn't see anything else on the beta and did search before I asked.
  • Fendmar89Fendmar89 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    With any luck, we'll find out who got selected through the recruitment thread today, and the entire process can speed up quite a bit.
  • BPHuskerBPHusker Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I wonder if they will open the thread back up for another wave of testers. I hope so, because I completely missed the thread and would love to test out RBN! :\
  • Just1_JoeJust1_Joe Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    ethicalpaul;3398396 said:
    You're not paying 100 bucks to be in the beta.

You are paying 100 bucks per year to be a premier member in Micro$oft's XNA Creator Club, which you need to be in order to submit or test songs.

In the beta you get a 4 month trial but it only seems to work if you don't already have a membership. After that you must pay anyway, so no big deal.
    So wait, if you got into the beta (I got an email saying I was in), you get 4 months of premium free when you sign up?
  • XShagrathXShagrath Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I was accepted into the beta and didn't get a 4-month trial. I heard that they didn't have very many codes to give out, but let in a bunch of people. So if you didn't get a code, you have to buy a premium XNA membership if you want access to playtest/peer-reviewing.

This isn't a fault on HMX's side. MS's Creators Club only allows premium members to download and test other people's content. If there were to be another version of CC created for just reviewing, that would be entirely on MS's side.
  • thirdmortalthirdmortal Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I take it, if you haven't received an email at this point, then you did not get selected for the open beta? Also how does HMX get your email? In the recruitment thread, it doesn't say anything about posting your email as part of your information.
  • XShagrathXShagrath Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    thirdmortal;3420174 said:
    I take it, if you haven't received an email at this point, then you did not get selected for the open beta? Also how does HMX get your email? In the recruitment thread, it doesn't say anything about posting your email as part of your information.
    I'm pretty sure they used the email your RB.com account is linked to when you signed up.