A Hard Day's Night (If Released, Dreamscapes and More)

PectoralzPectoralz Rising Star
edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Huh, there haven't been any threads on this, either

I Should Have Known Better - http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN5kOS7zrMk This would be ideal, and it's what everyone wants (I'm pretty sure), but sadly it probably won't happen (DANGIT!!!) Though it could be in black and white, and could featuring them goofing around in the studio, but they probably won't be playing cards, or be with Paul's grandfather.

Harmonica will be charted to guitar

If I Fell - A very dark and slow dreamscape, black and white would work good for this song, maybe some small effects. A plain white background would work good, it would be cool if it would look like their stage from their live stage on Ed Sullivan or something, with Ringo getting his own podium thing.

I'm Happy Just to Dance with You - Ed Sullivan...maybe?

And I Love Her - Black and white would be good for this one (C'MON! WHAT SONG DOES IT NOT WORK FOR OFF THIS ALBUM?!) I see it as being a combination of the Getting Better/Girl dreamscape, and the Oh! Darling dreamscape, some minor effects, maybe it fades into black and white and right when the song finishes it flashes back to color and a view from the control room.

Tell Me Why - Ed Sullivan could work

Any Time at All - Ed Sullivan

I'll Cry Instead - Could be live, though it's slower tempo could make it a dreamscape with maybe MORE black and white. Shea would work good, though

Things We Said Today - Ed Sullivan

When I Get Home - Ed Sullivan

You Can't Do That - Ed Sullivan. Lennon plays solo, please.

I'll Be Back - Maybe a combination of all the dreamscapes I listed above. I can see them in the studio regularly though, could be a very neat dreamscape.

Tiers coming later.

Comments

• SetherexSetherex Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Quicker way of doing it:

Every song Ed Sullivan except for If I Fell and And I Love Her.

Also, thanks for both listing tiers and for including Things We Said Today.
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    All the upbeat tracks should be at Ed Sullivan. It would keep with the feel of the album being the most "Beatlemania" album. No way should anything go to Shea Stadium, even though they did play tracks from the album there.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Setherex;3397918 said:
    Quicker way of doing it:

Every song Ed Sullivan except for If I Fell and And I Love Her.

Also, thanks for both listing tiers and for including Things We Said Today.
    Those songs can easily fit. Just because it's not upbeat doesn't mean it can't be performed live.

No Shea Stadium whatsoever. It's already been saturated by Rubber Soul (which should have been at Budokan anyway) and will be songs from Help! and Beatles For Sale.

No dreamscapes. That is ridiculous.
  • SetherexSetherex Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    DookieMan;3397929 said:
    Those songs can easily fit. Just because it's not upbeat doesn't mean it can't be performed live.
    Wh... What? That was sarcasm, right?
    edited January 2010
    Setherex;3397939 said:
    Wh... What? That was sarcasm, right?
    No, it wasn't sarcasm at all. It's not like all songs ever performed live have to be upbeat, and just because they aren't upbeat doesn't mean they won't work. Yesterday is performed live all the time. I think If I Fell and And I Love Her will work fine live, as long as they make the crowd just a tiny bit less frantic.
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited January 2010
    DookieMan;3397949 said:
    No, it wasn't sarcasm at all. It's not like all songs ever performed live have to be upbeat, and just because they aren't upbeat doesn't mean they won't work. Yesterday is performed live all the time. I think If I Fell and And I Love Her will work fine live, as long as they make the crowd just a tiny bit less frantic.
    I think in the purpose of the game though yesterday would go in studio because on the master Paul is just on it. It would be awkward just having Paul play well George, Ringo, and john just stand around in front on a huge crowd game wise. I also think the fact that it has strings would make it go to studio too. As for the dreamscape her majesty pose in black and white.

Back on topic: I think "And I Love Her" would go to studio because Ringo plays the bongos/ Claves in the studio so the non typical live instruments would make it go to studio.
  • PectoralzPectoralz Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I always thought TWST would be good at Shea
    edited January 2010
    DookieMan;3397949 said:
    C'mon, have you seen any songs in the game that are slow be live?
    edited January 2010
    Pectoralz;3398714 said:
    C'mon, have you seen any songs in the game that are slow be live?
    No, but that's because they simply did not put those songs in the game, and the slow ones that are on disc would have been a dreamscape just because of the time period it was recorded in. All the DLC so far has been in years where dreamscapes are acceptable. Also, why do we have to conform to the "fact" that no slow songs can be performed live? Do You Want To Know a Secret, that can kind of be considered slow, but that works perfectly fine live.

Also, to the Yesterday comment. What's wrong with having Paul play on stage alone?
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    DookieMan;3398746 said:
    No, but that's because they simply did not put those songs in the game, and the slow ones that are on disc would have been a dreamscape just because of the time period it was recorded in. All the DLC so far has been in years where dreamscapes are acceptable. Also, why do we have to conform to the "fact" that no slow songs can be performed live? Do You Want To Know a Secret, that can kind of be considered slow, but that works perfectly fine live.

Also, to the Yesterday comment. What's wrong with having Paul play on stage alone?
    There's also Ticket to Ride.
    edited January 2010
    DookieMan;3398746 said:

sonicnerd23;3398753 said:
    There's also Ticket to Ride.

Ticket to Ride dosen't count, that's not a ballad. And there's nothing wrong wth Paul being on stage alone, I'm just saying it would work better and will probably be a dreamscape.
    edited January 2010
    I simply can not picture the Beatlemania Beatles in a dreamscape.
  • D-Smoov45D-Smoov45 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    No dreamscapes, though it'd be nice. It makes too much sense to start the game sans dreamscapes, enter the '65 era with a few, and build up from there as the music got more and more creative.
    edited January 2010
    D-Smoov45;3398778 said:
    No dreamscapes, though it'd be nice. It makes too much sense to start the game sans dreamscapes, enter the '65 era with a few, and build up from there as the music got more and more creative.
    Exactly.
    edited January 2010
    DookieMan;3398787 said:
    Exactly.
    I actually had some ideas for songs from Beatles for Sale also as dreamscapes, but now that I think of it PPM and WTB aaren't really studio albums, so I don't know about any of those, but HMX is guarenteed to make some pre-Rubber Soul dreamscapes.
  • nbalive2005nbalive2005 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Pectoralz;3398799 said:
    I actually had some ideas for songs from Beatles for Sale also as dreamscapes, but now that I think of it PPM and WTB aaren't really studio albums, so I don't know about any of those, but HMX is guarenteed to make some pre-Rubber Soul dreamscapes.
    If there even will be more my friend.
  • Diego81Diego81 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    "If I fell" was actually performed live several times in front of screaming crowds so it has no problem being live. I think one good alternative would be the "Getting Better", "Girl" stage, they could put something like "And I love her" there, no changing colors or anything so it's not a dreamscape, just have them play there.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Anything Pre-help wouldn't work very well with dreamscapes
  • LimaoxDLimaoxD Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    DookieMan;3398773 said:
    I simply can not picture the Beatlemania Beatles in a dreamscape.
    This
  • ChaelChael Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    SystemSCSnake;3399247 said:
    Anything Pre-help wouldn't work very well with dreamscapes
    We really don't need dreamscapes until Revolver.
  • jedicmsjedicms Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    MostSpartan14;3397911 said:

I honestly can't think of any song before Beatles For Sale that would have to be a dreamscape.
    What about "There's a Place" from Please Please Me. I could see that with a dreamscape.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Chael;3399737 said:
    We really don't need dreamscapes until Rubber Soul or maybe Help!
    fixed.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    jedicms;3400781 said:
    What about "There's a Place" from Please Please Me. I could see that with a dreamscape.
    It could have a dreamscape but it doesn't need one. That's what I'm trying to say. It would be cool to make some of these songs dreamscapes but none of them really need to be.
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Eh, I just want to find out what the next album is. I don't know if any albums pre-Help! will have dreamscapes. I'll just sit back and let Harmonix do their thing.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    The whole dreamscape thing was devised to represent the group as a strictly studio group once they stopped touring. This officially began with Sgt. Pepper, though many songs on both Rubber Soul and Revolver served as obvious transitions into this phase. With the possible exceptions of "Yesterday," "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away," and "I've Just Seen a Face" (all from Help!), absolutely nothing pre-Rubber Soul really need be given this treatment.
    edited January 2010
    Even I've Just Seen a Face and Yesterday I think could work live too.
  • theINCtheINC Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    In my opinion, if the band played the song live, it belongs in a live venue. If they didn't, it deserves a dreamscape.

That said, pretty much every song on Rubber Soul should have been in a dreamscape by that standard (I don't think the Beatles even played Drive My Car live, even though it fits the live atmosphere quite well).
    edited January 2010
    theINC;3403744 said:
    I don't think the Beatles even played Drive My Car live, even though it fits the live atmosphere quite well.
    Exactly why they make it live. Look at all the songs that wern't performed live but are in the game as a live venue. I would personally lov to see the mop-tops in the studio, unlike most people who aren't being enthusicastic about it on these forums and saying stuff like "Yesterday's gonna be live", well, they're probably wrong. It's a dreamsape type song.
    edited January 2010
    Pectoralz;3404308 said:
    Exactly why they make it live. Look at all the songs that wern't performed live but are in the game as a live venue. I would personally lov to see the mop-tops in the studio, unlike most people who aren't being enthusicastic about it on these forums and saying stuff like "Yesterday's gonna be live", well, they're probably wrong. It's a dreamsape type song.
    Rubber Soul isn't mop top?
    edited January 2010
    DookieMan;3405158 said:
    Rubber Soul isn't mop top?
    Not really, everything Help! and before is mop-top. Though it sort of is, just not that much.