Is this true?

Death50Death50 Road Warrior
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
That some downloaded and RockBand songs wont show up on Lego Rockband because of it's E ratting? If so then what's the point in saying online content is not rated because apprently anything deemed to be above E didn't get allowed into the game. This one thing will make this game a not buy for me after all. I was looking forward to getting to play all my songs. Or is it just a matter of time bbefore they all get in?

If this has been talked about my bad just didn't really know what to look for.

Comments

• skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Yes, it is true. Have fun skipping out on 45 awesome songs for that reason.
  • Death50Death50 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    skyttskytt;3398490 said:
    Well that is just silly. Honestly, I thought by them saying onine stuff is not rated would be their loop hole, oh well... nothing can be done I guess as I suppose it was a part of LEGO's terms.

Yeah... I wont be getting them... nope...
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited January 2010
    I would imagine that it is less the case that this is Harmonix not "getting away" with what they could, but rather to market something that is consistently "family friendly." It restricts what could be accessed in the game, while leaving less to monitor in terms of additional content. Parents don't have to research every song available, because all the ones that work in it are already deemed to be family friendly. I have all the DLC, and I don't think I saw a repeat more than maybe 3 times in my entire playthrough of Lego. If that's your "make-or-break" concern, you really need to rethink it. The game has no online, so it's not like you're going to be restricted beyond your own desires.
  • Andyx1337Andyx1337 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    It's not being silly, it's actually keeping the product true to it's nature. Which is the E rating. Besides, do you want Lego characters singing Cannibal Corpse? It'd... be freaky.
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Andyx1337;3398497 said:
    do you want Lego characters singing Cannibal Corpse?
    Yes.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    It's not being silly at all. Also, it's not "LEGO's terms" it's exactly what Harmonix would want in this situation. The same logic applies to why we get censored music in RB2. They could release DLC with 1000 f bombs in them but they won't because they don't want to alienate the established and future fanbase.
    edited January 2010
    Well, I guess I see why it doesn't go online.

I'll pass on buying the game just get the songs.

Well I got my answer so I guess this could end.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 2010
    Perhaps if you actually looked at the Lego Rock Band forums to ask a Lego Rock Band question, the weekly announcements, or even Wikipedia, you may have noticed a couple threads discussing the "family-friendly" concept and what songs are playable in Lego: Rock Band, and understood that this horse is dead and still being flogged.

If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it. However, all the songs in L:RB are playable in RB/RB2 (as you have a PS3), so think about that.
    Andyx1337;3398497 said:
    Besides, do you want Lego characters singing Cannibal Corpse?
    Yes. Very much so.
  • Kal_126Kal_126 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    skyttskytt;3398496 said:I would imagine that it is less the case that this is Harmonix not "getting away" with what they could, but rather to market something that is consistently "family friendly." It restricts what could be accessed in the game, while leaving less to monitor in terms of additional content. Parents don't have to research every song available, because all the ones that work in it are already deemed to be family friendly. I have all the DLC, and I don't think I saw a repeat more than maybe 3 times in my entire playthrough of Lego. If that's your "make-or-break" concern, you really need to rethink it. The game has no online, so it's not like you're going to be restricted beyond your own desires.

gtfo skytt... lol um it's a cute game, yeah, but there's just something about playing it solo that literally makes me fall asleep. just import it Death50, no big deal.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited January 2010
    For the record, I got Lego: Rock Band for Christmas and I absolutely love it.

I was surprised at how the silly things make me laugh.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    skyttskytt;3398490 said:
    Not just 45 awesome songs, but also the ability to stock your rock den with all kinds of fun goodies, the ability to actually put together an entourage and road crew to follow you around (too bad there's no groupies, though), and the ability to play full-fledged rock challenges. The Ghostbusters and Tick Tick Boom challenges are worth the price of admission alone. :)
  • ScottyTheBodyScottyTheBody Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    cherokeesam;3398686 said:
    Not just 45 awesome songs, but also the ability to stock your rock den with all kinds of fun goodies, the ability to actually put together an entourage and road crew to follow you around (too bad there's no groupies, though), and the ability to play full-fledged rock challenges. The Ghostbusters and Tick Tick Boom challenges are worth the price of admission alone. :)
    Those are all great features and if it wasn't for the terrible loadtimes/massive amounts of loading screens I would have just stuck with it instead of RB2.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    OLD NEWS AMIRITE? L:RB is pretty awesome, as well.

/thread
    edited January 2010
    The game is very fun and it makes me laugh, I do enjoy filling the den with stuff... I just really enjoy the game but I paid for my downloads and want to be able to play all of them.
  • FatFreeDoritosFatFreeDoritos Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Death50;3398985 said:
    The game is very fun and it makes me laugh, I do enjoy filling the den with stuff... I just really enjoy the game but I paid for my downloads and want to be able to play all of them.
    You paid for the downloads in RB2. Go play them there.
    edited January 2010
    FatFreeDoritos;3398992 said:
    You paid for the downloads in RB2. Go play them there.
    No I actually paid for them to play in RockBand, Rockband 2 just supports them as well. Just like Lego should and if they want to charge full price for a game I should get the full experience.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    Death50;3399019 said:
    No I actually paid for them to play in RockBand, Rockband 2 just supports them as well. Just like Lego should and if they want to charge full price for a game I should get the full experience.
    They didn't charge full price for it. It was $10 less than the others.

And besides, DLC is additional content and is not taken into account in the purchase price, so your comment is irrelevant.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited January 2010
    Harmonix never said they don't rate their DLC. Most people just assumed that they could release unrated DLC because, according to every game ever, "online content not rated by ESRB." By that it means online play, such as connecting to other players, but people assumed that applied to downloadable content, which is moronic

It was a Harmonix decision, not a Traveller's Tales decision, and frankly I'm not even sure what you're complaining about. It's an E game that you aren't buying, if you really aren't buying it then why complain about it? It's not bothering you and it's not calling you names
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Death50;3399019 said:
    You paid for them to be played in the Rock Band platform. That means Rock Band and Rock Band 2. Lego: Rock Band, The Beatles, Green Day, none of those games are part of the main platform.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    maybe you can buy, export, sell LRB then play all the online you want on rb2
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    frankly, you're missing on an awesome game, for such trivial reasons?
    you will still have access to 45 on-disc songs and a lot of your DLC.
    and when you are bored of it, go back to rb2...

or like the guy above said, buy, export, sell...
  • v1g1lance1v1g1lance1 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Irony:

All That Remains makes it past the filter.

Devil Wears Prada (reportedly a 'Christian' band) doesn't.

:)
  • jordan15bjordan15b Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    v1g1lance1;3399104 said:
    Irony:

reportedly a 'Christian' band

If thats true i will no longer listen to them EWW
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    i think ATR are also christian IDK, ive heard it somewhere here in the forums
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited January 2010
    I can't find it, but I know I saw a video where the lead singer introduced themselves thusly: "We are All That Remains. We drink whiskey, smoke pot, **** your girlfriend and not feel bad about it."

I'm going to guess "no" on the Christian thing.
  • v1g1lance1v1g1lance1 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    jordan15b;3399114 said:
    reportedly a 'Christian' band

If thats true i will no longer listen to them EWW
    Heh. See, now I don't really care what the message is (christian or otherwise) as long as I like the music :)

Hell, I love As I Lay Dying (and there's another christian band) but I am not a fan of religion - but I have them on my IPOD as well as Behemouth, etc

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift. I was more meant as a comment for the 'filter' in Lego Rockband (which is the only reason I don't play the game anymore - cause I want my DLC). So, instead I just exported it and play it in RB2. Pity, I'll probably never 'finish' Lego RB.

Ian
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    This is the first music game I've played that says "Music Downloads Not Rated By ESRB", but it's the only one I've played that filters your Music Downloads to match the ESRB rating.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited January 2010
    v1g1lance1;3399104 said:
    Irony:

Imposing religious beliefs has never been family friendly in video games as long as I have lived
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 2010
    taylorlee;3399433 said:
    This is the first music game I've played that says "Music Downloads Not Rated By ESRB", but it's the only one I've played that filters your Music Downloads to match the ESRB rating.
    It still makes sense, because while the official entity doesn't do the rating, the company knows what it's aiming at in terms of censorship, so it doesn't attract the ire of parents listening to their precious kids singing about going taking girls to the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar.
    edited January 2010
    Suffergate City made it on... but is blocked out, interesting. I guess they found something in it that made them change their mind.

But some songs are even more puzzling as how they make it and others didn't. Attack by 30 seconds to Mars didn't make, what one earth is wrong with that song for it to be blocked? But The Kill makes it? Makes no sense.

I don't know for the time being I'm having a blast with the game but being so limited on my songs pervents it from being a buy.