Multiple Vocal Parts question

GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hey, Im charting a song where not the same person is singing for the whole song. Like person #1 sings for 15 seconds then person #2 sings for 15 seconds and it repeats like that. Should I cahrt just 1 person or a mix of them all?

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    You should chart both if they do not overlap...in other words, both singers are not singing at the same time. "Spoonman" is a good example of this. :)
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Well sometimes they overlap, for the most part it is 1 person at a time. For example, each section is 15 seconds

Person 1
    Person 2
    Person 1
    Person 3
    Person 1
    Person 4

Its like that, but they do overlap sometimes
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Harmonix says to chart it as if you were singing along in your car. I'm guessing you would either interrupt, say, Person 1 to sing Person 2's first word, or else you would just sing every other part.

This doesn't always hold true, shown in Man in the Box (well, I mean I would personally sing both parts, but maybe that didn't work so well so they just did one). But these are the two best ways; one of them should work for your song.
  • Anton_96Anton_96 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Take Clint Eastwood for example. The rapping part ends with the "You're psychic among those possess you with one dose" at the same time as the "I ain't happy" starts. You're not singing the later part at all, even if it would be possible to sing the last words. My point: If the switching between parts gets too intense, it's ok to cut it down.
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Good example. I think another reason they did that was to give Vocalists a point to activate OD though, seeing as that's the only spot for activation besides before the tapping part (if I recall).