Ticks?

SFentonSFenton Opening Act
edited February 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Magma declares that I need a "value of 480 ticks" while it's on the MIDI compiler.

I'm unsure of how to change this other than by using Anvil, and I'd like to stay with Reaper. Anyone else encounter this error?

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    Go to preferences in Reaper, click on the MIDI section and there's a setting for "Ticks per quarter note for new MIDI items" which should be set to 480.

It could also mean that you didn't have the "Embed Tempo Map" flagged when you exported your MIDI. Make sure that box is checked when exporting.
  • SFentonSFenton Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Hate to bump my own thread, but now I get this error when compiling:

Build started at 2:04 PM.
    Reading the archive
    Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Users\Stephen\Documents\S.rbproj'...
    Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 6...
    Metadata Compiler: Starting...
    Metadata Compiler: Done.
    Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 6...
    MIDI Compiler: Starting...
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/stephen/desktop/wmas/runaway.mid (PART VOCALS): Missing lyric for vocal note at 144:4:240
    MIDI Compiler: Done.
    ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
    Build ended at 2:04 PM.

I've checked, and there's no vocal note at that location in Reaper. How the heck do I get rid of this error (or is this something you'll need the MIDI for?)
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Look at the midi event list to see every midi note in the song. Then find the one at 144:4:240. That one is missing a lyric note or is corrupt. I say check the list because sometimes there are weird corrupt midi notes that won't show up on the normal midi display.
  • Podruvan360Podruvan360 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Also, this is probably not it, but I had that same problem once, and it turned out it was because I didn't export the tempo/time signature map with the midi, so it moved all of my text events around, and gave me errors for measures that didn't exist.
    edited January 2010
    The only MIDI note at 144 is 144:4:500. That's what's so weird.
    edited January 2010
    Actually I think that's the note in question. I seem to recall an issue where in some places the note is expressed in one way (such as 500/1000) and in other places in another way (such as 240/480).

So does the note at 144:4:500 have a lyric attached to it?
    edited January 2010
    Indeed it does. I can circumvent the issue by adding a + to one of the lyrics, but:

A) I'd like to get down to the bottom of the problem, and
    B) I only have a Wii and therefore I highly doubt I'd even be able to describe how it works using "the homebrew". So I need help to figure out how to configure it so that I can release it over RBN when that launches.

Tight spot is tight, huh?
    edited January 2010
    So you did have a syllable without a lyric?

You must have if you had to add a + to it, no?

So what is the problem again?

Confused me is confused.
    edited January 2010
    That's what I assume as well, but I can't find the note anywhere. And that's primarily what's making my head smoke.

I'll upload the MIDI in a little bit, if it would help.
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, that probably would help. I'd definitely take a look at it for you
    edited February 2010
    All right, another question. I've got my file in Audacity. I've tried a multitude of things but I can't get my dryvox to export so that Magma will be OK with it. How can I fix this?
  • animemetalheadanimemetalhead Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Export the dryvox into REAPER, then solo it, render it to a new stem with the proper specs for Magma.

Audacity lacks the ability to tweak everything you need to do to get files Magma-friendly.
    edited February 2010
    I know it sounds very childish but I was wondering if there was a quick way on how to sum that up for me- I'm not so great with Reaper.