My Interview with Program Manager of RBN

BSheaBShea Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hey guys,

Just wanted to swing by and post my latest feature article where I was able to ask John Drake, Program Manager of RBN, several questions regarding Harmonix's plan of implementation of the RBN. You guys might remember my other big article that I posted on these forums where I interviewed several musicians about the impact of this genre on the music industry. Alright guys, I hope you enjoy since this article was several months in the making!

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-25487-Music-Video-Games-Examiner~y2010m1d7-Interview-with-John-Drake-Rock-Band-Network-Program-Manager#

Comments

• SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    Very interesting article, thank you for the link.
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Once again, as said on Scorehero, Very nice, and I'm glad that RBN's open beta will happen really really soon, and that we'll get the ball rolling very fast-like. My understanding is that all they need to get things rolling, are playtesters?
  • thirdmortalthirdmortal Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    NSIYusuke;3410559 said:
    My understanding is that all they need to get things rolling, are playtesters?
    Great job on the article and speaking of playtesters, has anyone heard anything back in regards to the recruitment thread?
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    If only we could get some Ouimette on RBN :(
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited January 2010
    Thats cool to know that they are working to get more RBN features on the PS3 and Wii.
  • BSheaBShea Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3410935 said:

Did you read my other article I linked in the OP? I interviewed Ouimette and asked him about it, he's interested in RBN, he just doesn't have the time to devote to charting and everything. Check out that other article here:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-25487-Music-Video-Games-Examiner~y2009m10d13-Are-Guitar-Hero-and-Rock-Band-the-new-FM-Radio
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    BShea;3411557 said:
    Did you read my other article I linked in the OP? I interviewed Ouimette and asked him about it, he's interested in RBN, he just doesn't have the time to devote to charting and everything. Check out that other article here:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-25487-Music-Video-Games-Examiner~y2009m10d13-Are-Guitar-Hero-and-Rock-Band-the-new-FM-Radio
    =) I messaged him a few times, and he said he's already looking into it in more detail, ahaha. I linked him to a few authoring companies, too, haha. He originally didn't think he was gonna go into it because he was working for "The enemy", and he thought RB players didn't like his stuff. xD I explained to him that most RB players' only reason for actually playing GH Games anymore were for his stuff, though, and that he should go ahead and do it anyway. :3 I think he will.
    edited January 2010
    NSIYusuke;3411714 said:
    =) I messaged him a few times, and he said he's already looking into it in more detail, ahaha. I linked him to a few authoring companies, too, haha. He originally didn't think he was gonna go into it because he was working for "The enemy", and he thought RB players didn't like his stuff. xD I explained to him that most RB players' only reason for actually playing GH Games anymore were for his stuff, though, and that he should go ahead and do it anyway. :3 I think he will.
    ohh man ohh man ohh man, i hope he can get some time, or give the chance to some author... :D
    BShea;3411557 said:

yes, i saw both links, thats why i mention Ouimette.
  • BSheaBShea Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3412557 said:

yes, i saw both links, thats why i mention Ouimette.
    Ah alright... just thought it might've been a coincidence haha sorry bout that! :D
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3410935 said:
    Marcus Henderson wants you to shut your face. :p

Good article, BShea. Informative, professional, and out in the public, far away from the cesspool of internet fandom.
    edited January 2010
    DavyinaToga;3415740 said:
    Marcus Henderson wants you to shut your face. :p

Good article, BShea. Informative, professional, and out in the public, far away from the cesspool of internet fandom.

im not saying hes better than him or anything ¬¬ but pretty much yeah, both are awesome guitarist and im looking forward that RBN brings Ouimette to the dark side... :cool:
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, they're both awesome shredders. I'm just picking on Ouimette (and you) because his name appears on his songs, so his name's gotten a little more attention than Henderson's. I would be very happy for a looooooong while if both of them decided to submit songs for RBN.