Best Beatles Album Art

Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
In your opinion, which is the album that has the best album artwork?

Comments

• gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Sgt. Pepper's or Abbey Road or Rubber Soul.

ITT: Guy who says the White Album

EDIT: I was right.^
  • PectoralzPectoralz Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    The White Album, defenitly
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Pectoralz;3412976 said:
    The White Album, defenitly
    right again.
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    White Album
  • Wave57Wave57 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Revolver is pure win.
    If it didn't exist then The White Album.
  • JelfossJelfoss Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I like Magical Mystery Tour. Then maybe Revolver, With the Beatles, or Sgt. Pepper's.
  • mywhitenoisemywhitenoise Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    gamegyro56;3412969 said:
    ITT: Guy who says the White Album

EDIT: I was right.^
    you say that like it's a bad thing.

I LOVE the simplicity. Beats the hell out of a bland band shot. I voted for White as well, but Abbey would probably be my second favorite.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I gotta go with Abbey Road. It's a classic. Quite possibly the most recognizable album cover of all time. I also love the simplicity of the White Album and the artwork of Revolver.
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Is this just cover art or over all packaging?

It doesn't really matter. I choose The White Album.
  • Taxman999253Taxman999253 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I love Abbey Road, and it's definitely the most recognizable ^^, but Revolver is plain amazing. You really do appreciate when you spend hours building the puzzle; putting together their hair was extremely tedious, as it all looked very alike. It was quite satisfying once it was finished though :)
  • reppination7reppination7 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    its either the white album or abbey road that were the most unique

the album with no cover or title just a name, the white album

the album with no name or title just a cover, abbey road
  • midge-beatlesmidge-beatles Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I liked A Hard Days Night because of the clever idea of putting the band in photo's on the cover - It's great!
  • quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I love how you put in a contentless album cover but not A Hard Day's Night.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Sgt. Pepper's is a classic, and I voted for that narrowly over Abbey Road and Rubber Soul. White Album's cover is awesome, but I can't call it art (others can, I know...it's all subjective).

I'm glad you didn't include the banned "Yesterday and Today" cover...although that could count for the "other" votes.

Ooh...ooh! The person above mentioned Hard Day's Night, which I'd forgotten. I'd change my vote if that were listed. "Hard Day's Night" is my favorite Beatles album cover.
  • D-Smoov45D-Smoov45 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    REVOLVER. Hands down.
  • mysfarbrormysfarbror Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    MostSpartan14;3413013 said:
    I gotta go with Abbey Road. It's a classic. Quite possibly the most recognizable album cover of all time.
    Dark side of the moon
  • SpantasySpantasy Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Pretty much all of them are (especially the later albums) are legendary. I'm going to Sgt. Pepper on this one. It's brilliance.
  • xplosivexplosive Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    This is a great idea for a topic. I think the Beatles album covers are as classic as the music itself.

While they are great I had to go with the White Album. In a time where all album covers were crazy and colorful it took some guts to put out a album that had a completely blank white cover. They made a statement by making no statement at all and that is pretty genious.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I love Abbey Road. It's so simple and iconic, yet with some hidden depth. The whole "Paul Is Dead" conspiracy found all sorts of supposed hidden meanings in that one simple photo. I think Abbey Road and With the Beatles are the 2 most instantly recognizable covers, and those most often copied/parodied.
  • juan29zapatajuan29zapata Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I prefer Sgt. Pepper's over anything else, it was very well done, and it still has its little secrets.
  • Celebrated_Mr_KCelebrated_Mr_K Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Not even close. Sgt. Pepper has the greatest cover EVER.

Each of the Beatles contributed a list of persons they wanted represented in the "crowd." Except Ringo...he didn't feel like it. George listed only Indian gurus.

Love the mix of personalities...Marilyn Monroe (twice), Shirley Temple, Bob Dylan, Karl Marx, Oscar Wilde, Edgar Allen Poe, Johnny Weismuller, Marlon Brando, T.E. Lawrence, Tony Curtis, W.C. Fields, Laurel & Hardy, Fred Astaire...life-size cutouts were made of each and erected to form the crowd.
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Let It Be. I love it, I actually got the Album that came with the Shirt with the cover of the album on it.
    edited January 2010
    mysfarbror;3415886 said:
    Dark side of the moon
    This.
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    mysfarbror;3415886 said:
    Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    Fix'd

Edit: Wanna talk about Pink Floyd?, Go and create a thread in the general section. This is reserved for anything Beatles only.
  • PectoralzPectoralz Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, I really do enjoy the cover for Sgt. Pet Sounds and the Spiders of Aja
    edited January 2010
    Dragonheart1991;3417576 said:
    Wanna talk about Pink Floyd?, Go and create a thread in the general section. This is reserved for anything Beatles only.
    No, I mean it's definalty more reconisable than Abbey Road (and Sgt. Pepper). Stupid Rock Band forums don't let me make quotes in quotes. Am I not alowed to mention other bands that are relevant to the topic?
  • mywhitenoisemywhitenoise Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Dragonheart1991;3417576 said:
    Fix'd

Edit: Wanna talk about Pink Floyd?, Go and create a thread in the general section. This is reserved for anything Beatles only.
    did you even read what he was replying to?
    And he's right, DarkSide is more recognizable than Abbey Road.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    A Hard Day's Night.
  • drummerdude2497drummerdude2497 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    DookieMan;3418982 said:
    A Hard Day's Night.
    DookieMan, I'm gonna let you finish but Abbey Road had the best Album Art of all time.....

ALL TIME!!!!!
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I'm the only one who said Please Please Me?
    There's something about it that is fun to me. Almost as if The Beatles are up to something bad when it was taken. They just have that look.