will the XBOX 360 guitar work on the PS3?

JustinHoMiJustinHoMi Unsigned
edited December 2007 in Rock Band
Will the XBOX 360 guitar work on the PS3? I found one used locally, and it'd sure be nice to have another guitar!

Justin

Comments

• mct685mct685 Opening Act
    edited December 2007
  • dblduecedblduece Opening Act
    edited December 2007
    That is quite possibly the dumbest question I've ever seen....:confused:
  • JustinHoMiJustinHoMi Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    That was quite possibly one of the most conceited responses I've ever seen.

It's not a dumb question. The guitar could easily be built to run on both systems (to simplify distribution and in some cases manufacturing). The catch is that it would cost an extra buck or two to build.
    edited December 2007
    JustinHoMi;214348 said:
    The guitar could easily be built to run on both systems (to simplify distribution and in some cases manufacturing). The catch is that it would cost an extra buck or two to build.
    It sure could. And I'm sure it will as soon as the PS360 comes out....Honestly, why would rival companies make compatible controllers?
  • FultonPubFultonPub Road Warrior
    edited December 2007
    It never ceases to amaze me the questions noob's post on here.....
  • JustinHoMiJustinHoMi Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Microsoft did not make the controller... neither did Sony. Harmonix did. Harmonix is not a rival of Harmonix.

With the ignorance of the replies to this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if the guitar actually does work!
  • SkyZeroSkyZero Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    dblduece;214388 said:
    It sure could. And I'm sure it will as soon as the PS360 comes out....Honestly, why would rival companies make compatible controllers?
    It isn't about rival companies making compatible controllers. It's about one manuafacturer and developer of the guitar making a one controller compatible with both systems. Which sounds like a great idea, but like Justin said, maybe the extra dollar or two wasn't worth it to 'em in the long run.

EDIT: Justin beat me to it, lol! :D
    edited December 2007
    Harmonix still has to answer to both Microsoft and Sony. And I'm pretty sure if they went to them and said, "Hey, we want to make our controllers cross-platform compatible!", then I'm sure they'd get shot down.