How do you get to the note editing process?

Jersus856Jersus856 Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
when i open reaper, i can open the RBN template and everything, even get the preview to show up. but im not all too experienced with these kinds of editing software, but good with new programs so i get the hang of it pretty quick. SO... i just want to know, where should i load my stems to, and how do i open the, what i call, "note editor". i know what it looks like, because ive seen pictures of it, but i cant get it to open. you know, the graph where you actually place all your notes? if you can give me a kind of instruction sheet on how to get to that point, then i can get the rest done on my own. greatly appreciated!!! please email to: n.p@myspace.com

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    Stems can be loaded by simply dragging & dropping the .wav files into Reaper, and it'll add them as new tracks. The MIDI editor is opened by double-clicking on the MIDI track (i.e., PART GUITAR) in the main window.
  • Jersus856Jersus856 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    well that helped, except for when i played the preview, nothing came scrolling at me, maybe you or someone else could come up with a step-by-step for me? for the drums, since that would be easier to chart.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    It depends on what difficulty you charted for. When you open the preview window, there's text at the top listing (among instruments and speed) difficulty. If you charted only Expert, and it's displaying Easy, you're not gonna see anything until you click on the difficulty a few times to change it to Expert.

That, or if it just wasn't moving, then you have to open the preview window, then play the file normally through the main window. There's no playback command buttons in the preview window.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    Also make sure that:

1. The "fx" icon on the MIDI track is green, not red (click the little circle to toggle FX on/off).
    2. In the actual FX window (where you see the RB chart) the check box next to "VSTi: RBN Preview (RBN)" is checked.
  • Jersus856Jersus856 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    i was charting for expert, had the instrument set to the drums and the level set to expert in the preview window, and yes, i clicked the play button in the main window. but like ive been asking from the beginning, itd be really awesome if someone would post a step-by-step for charting a song for expert drums. plus the fact that the notes are really small and hard to work with.
  • DHatchDHatch Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Jersus856;3417640 said:
    i was charting for expert, had the instrument set to the drums and the level set to expert in the preview window, and yes, i clicked the play button in the main window. but like ive been asking from the beginning, itd be really awesome if someone would post a step-by-step for charting a song for expert drums. plus the fact that the notes are really small and hard to work with.
    Make sure you are clicked on the midi track for the drums. Sometimes you go to preview the fx and you've accidently clicked on a different track. Also, when authoring notes you can change the size of the screen by clicking the + and - signs on the side and the bottom of the screen to make it easier to see. Also, use 1/16 from the drop down.
  • SHAN_bicSHAN_bic Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    do we have to chart all the instruments in all difficulties, all by ourselves? Isnt there a way to get a quick chart from mp3s, and then modify it ?
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited January 2010
    SHAN_bic;3439442 said:
    do we have to chart all the instruments in all difficulties, all by ourselves? Isnt there a way to get a quick chart from mp3s, and then modify it ?
    uh... no... Everything has to be done manually.
  • SHAN_bicSHAN_bic Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    gosh!! gonna take ages! thanks anyway pal