Reaper errors regarding [idle]

zak124zak124 Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
So I'm trying to make an RBA file for a song I charted. However, when I try to build the file in Magma, it returns this message

Build started at 9:51 PM.
Reading the archive
Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Nocturnal.rbproj'...
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 6...
Metadata Compiler: Starting...
Metadata Compiler: Done.
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 6...
MIDI Compiler: Starting...
WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid (PART GUITAR): No authoring found for overdrive phrases
WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid (PART BASS): No authoring found for overdrive phrases
WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid (PART DRUMS): No authoring found for overdrive phrases
WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid (PART DRUMS): No authoring found for drum fills
MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating PART DRUMS animations...
MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating PART VOCALS animations...
MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating PART GUITAR animations...
MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating PART BASS animations...
MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating camera changes...
MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating lighting changes...
MIDI Compiler: Validating...
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admini~1/appdata/local/temp/hmx1332b9f4\song\song.mid (PART BASS): [idle] at 1:1:000 occurs before beat 2
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admini~1/appdata/local/temp/hmx1332b9f4\song\song.mid (PART GUITAR): [idle] at 1:1:000 occurs before beat 2
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admini~1/appdata/local/temp/hmx1332b9f4\song\song.mid (PART DRUMS): [idle] at 1:1:000 occurs before beat 2
INTERNAL ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid: Compiler output failed validation
INTERNAL ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid: An internal compilation error has occurred
MIDI Compiler: Done.
ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
Build ended at 9:51 PM.





I cannot find a [idle] event in any track, so I tried putting that event after the second beat on the instrument tracks, and then it gave the error that it has to be at 1:1. Hypocritical errors?

Help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Sounds like Magma auto-generated the idle commands for you, and did them wrong for some reason. Really, all it needs is the [play] command right before they start playing, so I'm not understanding why Magma is inserting it at all. Hopefully someone from HMX will have an idea of what's going on. I'd say just toss in a few basic animation commands and hope Magma won't re-auto-generate animations over them, just to see if it'll work, and you can get to packaging the song for Audition mode.

    EDIT: BTW Why did Magma even skip over the lack of OD phrases/drum fills, anyway? It noticed the error, it should have stopped the build right there, and not even create animations at all...
  • zak124zak124 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Regarding your edit, it says WARNING, not ERROR. It's allowed, but its just letting you know.

    And thanks for the input, but I don't know any of the animation commands, can you list some please?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    Have you tried clicking View -> Mode: Event List and seeing if an [idle] is listed there?
  • zak124zak124 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I can confirm that there are aren't any [idle] events in all three tracks.
  • DHatchDHatch Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    zak124;3417158 said:
    So I'm trying to make an RBA file for a song I charted. However, when I try to build the file in Magma, it returns this message

    Build started at 9:51 PM.
    Reading the archive
    Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Nocturnal.rbproj'...
    Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 6...
    Metadata Compiler: Starting...
    Metadata Compiler: Done.
    Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 6...
    MIDI Compiler: Starting...
    WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid (PART GUITAR): No authoring found for overdrive phrases
    WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid (PART BASS): No authoring found for overdrive phrases
    WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid (PART DRUMS): No authoring found for overdrive phrases
    WARNING: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid (PART DRUMS): No authoring found for drum fills
    MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating PART DRUMS animations...
    MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating PART VOCALS animations...
    MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating PART GUITAR animations...
    MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating PART BASS animations...
    MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating camera changes...
    MIDI Compiler: Autogenerating lighting changes...
    MIDI Compiler: Validating...
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admini~1/appdata/local/temp/hmx1332b9f4\song\song.mid (PART BASS): [idle] at 1:1:000 occurs before beat 2
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admini~1/appdata/local/temp/hmx1332b9f4\song\song.mid (PART GUITAR): [idle] at 1:1:000 occurs before beat 2
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/admini~1/appdata/local/temp/hmx1332b9f4\song\song.mid (PART DRUMS): [idle] at 1:1:000 occurs before beat 2
    INTERNAL ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid: Compiler output failed validation
    INTERNAL ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn nocturnal.mid: An internal compilation error has occurred
    MIDI Compiler: Done.
    ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
    Build ended at 9:51 PM.





    I cannot find a [idle] event in any track, so I tried putting that event after the second beat on the instrument tracks, and then it gave the error that it has to be at 1:1. Hypocritical errors?

    Help would be greatly appreciated
    It's in the vocal midi track. Check again and make sure you have the song at the very begining, start position. It's probably floating near the front.
  • zak124zak124 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Oh, I don't have a vocals track, as I did not chart vocals. I deleted the track.

    But I did try copying the vocal track from the "RBNTemplate" and putting the [idle] text event at the beginning, but magma still crashes the same way.
  • DHatchDHatch Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    zak124;3417866 said:
    Oh, I don't have a vocals track, as I did not chart vocals. I deleted the track.

    But I did try copying the vocal track from the "RBNTemplate" and putting the [idle] text event at the beginning, but magma still crashes the same way.
    Try opening a new project and inserting any work you have done into that new project. Be sure to keep all midi tracks. If you Rendered any audio tracks they would be easy to just re-insert into new project. If you have already tempo mapped out your song, i think there may be a way to import that too.
  • CharronCharron Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Have you checked your BEAT track? It should line up with the beginning of the MIDI, I've seen errors caused by the BEAT starting late.
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I'm having the same problem.

    "ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/fuelie79/appdata/local/temp/hmx13424b98\song\song.mid (PART GUITAR): [idle] at 1:1:000 occurs before beat 2"

    It's kind of annoying and I don't know how to fix it. If someone can help, please do!
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    Fuelie79;3446815 said:
    I'm having the same problem.

    "ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/fuelie79/appdata/local/temp/hmx13424b98\song\song.mid (PART GUITAR): [idle] at 1:1:000 occurs before beat 2"

    It's kind of annoying and I don't know how to fix it. If someone can help, please do!
    You should change that text event to [idle_realtime] and you'll be all set. The reason for not putting an [idle] at the very beginning is because you don't want the character bopping to the beat before the music has started.

    So, in a typical example where the first downbeat of the song is at 3.1.0, you'd have an [idle_realtime] at 1.1.0 and a [play] at 3.1.0 (or an [idle] if that particular instrument does not start playing until later in the song, which is most common for Vocals).
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3446843 said:
    You should change that text event to [idle_realtime] and you'll be all set. The reason for not putting an [idle] at the very beginning is because you don't want the character bopping to the beat before the music has started.

    So, in a typical example where the first downbeat of the song is at 3.1.0, you'd have an [idle_realtime] at 1.1.0 and a [play] at 3.1.0 (or an [idle] if that particular instrument does not start playing until later in the song, which is most common for Vocals).
    You don't understand how amazing you are. Thank you so much!
Sign In or Register to comment.