Unison Phrases

DHatchDHatch Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I read the specs on how to make unison phrases. I Highlighted the 3 midi tracks, did Ctrl+alt+E. I created an overdrive phrase in the bass midi (that was the top part). Next it says to use the "U" command. Well, i pressed U and nothing happened and the overdrive phrase only appeared in the one i drew it in (bass).

1. am i missing something? Is it something like Ctrl+U? I tried numerous combinations. Whats supposed to happen? I assumed it would draw the same phrase in all selected instruments.

2. Is a "unison phrase" simply Overdrive phrases drawn in exactly the same measure(s) on all 3 instruments? I don't see any locations for Unison phrase authoring.

3. Do you need to include the vocals track for the unison phrase?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• CharronCharron Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    DHatch;3417758 said:
    I read the specs on how to make unison phrases. I Highlighted the 3 midi tracks, did Ctrl+alt+E. I created an overdrive phrase in the bass midi (that was the top part). Next it says to use the "U" command. Well, i pressed U and nothing happened and the overdrive phrase only appeared in the one i drew it in (bass).

1. am i missing something? Is it something like Ctrl+U? I tried numerous combinations. Whats supposed to happen? I assumed it would draw the same phrase in all selected instruments.

2. Is a "unison phrase" simply Overdrive phrases drawn in exactly the same measure(s) on all 3 instruments? I don't see any locations for Unison phrase authoring.

3. Do you need to include the vocals track for the unison phrase?

Thanks in advance!
    1. U never worked for me. To be fair, some of the referenced macros never worked for me either. You'd have to do it manually (just copy/paste should be fine).

2. Yep. Nothing special about them, other than they're all exactly the same time and duration.

3. Nope, vocals are never part of Unisons.
  • DHatchDHatch Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Charron;3419490 said:
    1. U never worked for me. To be fair, some of the referenced macros never worked for me either. You'd have to do it manually (just copy/paste should be fine).

2. Yep. Nothing special about them, other than they're all exactly the same time and duration.

3. Nope, vocals are never part of Unisons.
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah, i actually had to modify one of the macros in the actions list., forget which one. Anyway, I had looked for an action (macro) in the list similar to inserting a note in multiple midi windows but couldn't find it either. Oh well, at least i can open all 3 at once and just toggle through each for the copy and paste. Thanks again!