279 out of 275 stars. Uh...what?

ludist210ludist210 Opening Act
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
I'm playing on the Wii version, just in case this is an isolated issue.

So I'm going back through Story to five-star all of the songs that my wife and I missed. I'm not playing anything new, just stuff that we've done. Well, my star total is 279...but by my math, I've only achieved 275 stars. I've double-checked the venues, and it's only 275.

Where on earth could I be missing stars?

Comments

• JRDBlackDragonJRDBlackDragon Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    ludist210;3418609 said:
    I'm playing on the Wii version, just in case this is an isolated issue.

So I'm going back through Story to five-star all of the songs that my wife and I missed. I'm not playing anything new, just stuff that we've done. Well, my star total is 279...but by my math, I've only achieved 275 stars. I've double-checked the venues, and it's only 275.

Where on earth could I be missing stars?
    do you both play on expert?

if so then some 5 starred songs were maybe gold and it counts as 6 stars
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Gold stars don't count as 6 stars in Rock Band. They never have. That's only in the last couple of Guitar Hero games.
  • JRDBlackDragonJRDBlackDragon Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Kariodude;3419922 said:
    Gold stars don't count as 6 stars in Rock Band. They never have. That's only in the last couple of Guitar Hero games.
    they do in lego rock band,i checked
  • Anarchy_BalsacAnarchy_Balsac Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    JRDBlackDragon;3419959 said:
    they do in lego rock band,i checked
    No they don't, I've actually gotten some.
  • ludist210ludist210 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Regardless of whether they do or not, I've played a few songs on expert, but not gold-starred them (the rest of the people playing with me have not played on expert).

Either way, I have 279 stars. I've only been able to achieve 275 to this point. This isn't a deal-breaker, but it's annoying.
  • RyuzakiRyuzaki Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    ludist210;3420853 said:
    Regardless of whether they do or not, I've played a few songs on expert, but not gold-starred them (the rest of the people playing with me have not played on expert).

Either way, I have 279 stars. I've only been able to achieve 275 to this point. This isn't a deal-breaker, but it's annoying.
    You're annoyed because the game is registering that you have four stars extra?
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    ludist210;3420853 said:
    It's a bug. I had a couple of 4 star sets one day, then went back the next to fix them. Despite 5 starring them, the game never altered my total star number, and I'll always be 3 stars short.

As far as I know there's no fix, other than maybe starting a new band and never getting less than five stars...? :confused: