lego rockband unusable download songs

auntylenaauntylena Unsigned
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
I went I have lego rockband for PS3, I've been to the store and downloaded quite a few songs for "rockband", some I am able to use, but others will not work, ie., Maragaritaville, Fat bottomed girls. I was wondering if anyone else had issues or fixes. HELP!!

Comments

• monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    They show up in the Lego song list though, right? I'm pretty sure a delete/redownload will fix the issue, if so.
  • aznman08aznman08 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    monkeyfish;3420874 said:
    They show up in the Lego song list though, right? I'm pretty sure a delete/redownload will fix the issue, if so.
    then explain why would "Margaritaville" be family friendly...

to the OP: some songs (including Margaritaville) are considered "suggestive songs" not "family friendly" in Lego:RB ONLY family friendly songs will play in Lego RB/RB1/RB2 while suggestive songs will play on RB1/2

consult the RB song list: http://www.rockband.com/music/songs anything with green icon will play in LRB
  • auntylenaauntylena Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    thanks for the quick response. it's too bad though, they are good songs and it should be up to the user to decide what they can play. thanks again......
  • aznman08aznman08 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    auntylena;3421602 said:
    it's too bad though, they are good songs and it should be up to the user to decide what they can play.
    uh no.. Lego Rock Band's song list is geared more to family/children with less swearing and other references. there are some issues with this as Iron Maiden and other bands have their songs (as downloads) appear in the game
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Oddly enough, "Fat Bottomed Girls" is playable in Lego, but due to some kind of glitch you can't play it in setlists (save for random ones), only on its own in Free Play.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Need to unlock the Queen minifigs first.
    edited January 2010
    Which is going to be pretty hard considering they took that feature out of the game at the last minute (presumably after that whole Kurt Cobain thing).
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Who told you that? They would most certainly be wrong.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 2010
    whypick1;3425328 said:
    [QUOTE=Cliphead;3425315]Which is going to be pretty hard considering they took that feature out of the game at the last minute (presumably after that whole Kurt Cobain thing).
    Who told you that? They would most certainly be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Depends on how you look at things. No, you can't actively choose the avatars
    edited January 2010
    whypick1;3425328 said:
    Who told you that? They would most certainly be wrong.
    Someone claiming to be from Travellers Tales posted a comment in a Kotaku story about the No Doubt lawsuit, and it sounded right based on what I know: that you can unlock minifigs in the DS version and build characters with their parts (DS games take longer to manufacture than console discs, so I guess the didn't have time to even touch that), and nobody's been able to unlock the minifigs in the console game.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Cliphead;3426671 said:
    Someone claiming to be from Travellers Tales posted a comment in a Kotaku story about the No Doubt lawsuit, and it sounded right based on what I know: that you can unlock minifigs in the DS version and build characters with their parts (DS games take longer to manufacture than console discs, so I guess the didn't have time to even touch that), and nobody's been able to unlock the minifigs in the console game.
    I srsly doubt they changed the game 2 months before the release.

Its a good idea to not trust "someone claiming to be from Travellers Tales"
    edited January 2010
    It wasn't so much the fact that it was a random blog comment, but what was posted added up with what I already knew. Though now that I think about it, that would be a VERY last-minute change; maybe it had nothing to do with the Kurt Cobain incident after all.

EDIT: See for yourself
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited January 2010
    It probably had to do with them playing GH:WT and seeing Ozzy singing paramore songs. That was pretty bad.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited January 2010
    I love how in the DS version you can build characters using the parts from unlocked celebrities. It would of course be super weird and creepy in a more realistic game, but it fits perfectly in a Lego game and the console versions suffer from the lack of that feature.

The fact that you can't play the Queen DLC in setlists or storymode is still nonsensical and frustrating, and I hate that people still casually spread the falsity that they can be "unlocked" at any point, because they can't. The idea that the game was intended to have them be unlockable but then that feature was removed... makes more sense than anything I've heard so far.
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    aznman08;3422889 said:
    uh no.. Lego Rock Band's song list is geared more to family/children with less swearing and other references. there are some issues with this as Iron Maiden and other bands have their songs (as downloads) appear in the game
    yea but i do agree it would be nice for all DLC to show up in the game, especially since it would be nice to play some of my DLC on drums with the no kick pedal option on, since i am handicapped