LEGO RB export songs help

DethrijDethrij Unsigned
edited February 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
So i went to the xbox live marketplace through the dashboard and redeemed the code given to me. The 108 KB File downloaded. Now what do i need to do to export the songs. Yes I realize now there was a better way to do it.

The 108 KB file is called the LEGO Rockband export pack.

I've also tried going to the LEGO RB Music Store > Export Songs > Redeem code... but ive already used the code so that doesnt work

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    Dethrij;3421075 said:
    So i went to the xbox live marketplace through the dashboard and redeemed the code given to me. The 108 KB File downloaded. Now what do i need to do to export the songs. Yes I realize now there was a better way to do it.

The 108 KB file is called the LEGO Rockband export pack.
    There is not a better way to do it, you did it exactly the way you're supposed to. The small file you downloaded was not the export pack, it was the export KEY...big difference.

Now you just have to start up the Lego Rock Band game, go into the Music Store, and select "Export Songs". That will take you to the screen where you pay 800 MSP ($10) and start the download of the 1.2GB Export Pack which contains the song.
  • DethrijDethrij Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I didn't realize you had to pay to export the songs...that sucks. I figured the people who had to pay were the people who bought the game used.
  • aznman08aznman08 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Dethrij;3421103 said:
    I didn't realize you had to pay to export the songs...that sucks. I figured the people who had to pay were the people who bought the game used.
    you didnt read the card with the code or the in game menu then
  • murdermilitia85murdermilitia85 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Rather than starting a new thread I figured I would add on to this one since Im having trouble exporting the lego rock band songs into my xbox360. I have done everything the original poster has done. Now I have gone to the music store (using the lego RB cd) and clicked export download.

After I click purchase i get a screen that says "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later. Status code:800700e8" I have now tried on two different xbox360s and i get the same error. What am I doing wrong?
  • BluejrBluejr Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    davidshek;3421089 said:
    There is not a better way to do it, you did it exactly the way you're supposed to. The small file you downloaded was not the export pack, it was the export KEY...big difference.

Now you just have to start up the Lego Rock Band game, go into the Music Store, and select "Export Songs". That will take you to the screen where you pay 800 MSP ($10) and start the download of the 1.2GB Export Pack which contains the song.
    Ok I have a problem with this...I downloaded the 1.2GB Export pack and after it was 100% complete I went to Rockband 2 but the songs from Lego Rockband were not there

Any reason why? or am I missing a step?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited February 2010
    Bluejr;3479501 said:
    Ok I have a problem with this...I downloaded the 1.2GB Export pack and after it was 100% complete I went to Rockband 2 but the songs from Lego Rockband were not there

Any reason why? or am I missing a step?
    I'm assuming the information in your profile is accurate (that you're an Xbox player and live in the US), so I can't really tell you what's wrong (there are issues with PS3 and region-coded DLC despite region-free discs). Are you simply looking for songs as sorted by location? I ask because LRB songs are actually classified under DLC. Try looking for specific songs first.
  • BluejrBluejr Unsigned
    edited February 2010
    LoopyChew;3480144 said:
    I'm assuming the information in your profile is accurate (that you're an Xbox player and live in the US), so I can't really tell you what's wrong (there are issues with PS3 and region-coded DLC despite region-free discs). Are you simply looking for songs as sorted by location? I ask because LRB songs are actually classified under DLC. Try looking for specific songs first.
    I just did..Thanks

Apparently I found out that I'm a huge idiot