Connecting XBOX to Laptop - XNA

EvileOLEvileOL Opening Act
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
hey guys, so i just signed up for XNA and thought i'd try hooking my xbox up to my laptop on which im doing my RBN work.

I have a wireless router with ethernet/USB options, and I was just wondering what the process is to hook your console up to your computer as I had no luck

Comments

• HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    They just both need to be on the same network. No need for them to actually be "tied" together. If your laptop has an internet connection and you are signed into Xbox Live on your console, you're good to go.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    A wireless router should work just fine. You could also use ethernet. As long as both the console and the PC are connected to the same router you should not have any issues. Have you tried seeing if Magma can find your Xbox, and if so, what was the result?

Also keep in mind that if you JUST purchased XNA it can take a few hours before RB2 will recognize that you're a premium member, so if that's the error you're getting, just give it a bit of time.
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited January 2010
    I assume this means more Evile?
  • DHatchDHatch Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    EvileOL;3422928 said:
    hey guys, so i just signed up for XNA and thought i'd try hooking my xbox up to my laptop on which im doing my RBN work.

I have a wireless router with ethernet/USB options, and I was just wondering what the process is to hook your console up to your computer as I had no luck
    Not sure of the level of knowledge you have to audition songs, so sorry if im saying something that sounds like common sense, lol. IF not, maybe others will find this helpful:

It's not only a matter of JUST being on the same wireless network (which you do need for your main pc, your xbox and your laptop in your case). You also have to download magma, to build and auditon your song. Your xbox must be in audition mode, which means it's ready to receive your wirelessly transferred files from your compter or laptop. (audition mode is under extras in the rockband game). Also, i am not 100% sure but i think you need to have a Xbox Live gold account to get the update that gives you the audition mode.
    Once you have audition mode ready, just build and audition your song in Magma and click the button that says "Search for Xbox". Your xbox should come up in that white window. Highlight your xbox in the white magma screen and click "transfer to selected xbox" button. The file will be sent to your xbox. Make sure rockband on your xbox is in "Audition" mode or magma will not find your xbox.
  • EvoHeroEvoHero Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I hate to bump this thread, but can anyone give me a positive account of being able to accomplish Magma to 360 connection with only a wireless connection on a properly opened up 360-PC connection? I am able to get media from my computer onto my 360 with my wireless connection, but I haven't been able to find any testimonials in regards to being able to connect to Magma with anything other than a bridged connection with an ethernet cable, a solution which is possible, but not incredibly feasible for me at this point. Please let me know if I can do this without wires, because I am excited to join the open beta but don't wish to get stuck with an XNA account for nothing.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    EvoHero;3452355 said:
    I hate to bump this thread, but can anyone give me a positive account of being able to accomplish Magma to 360 connection with only a wireless connection on a properly opened up 360-PC connection? I am able to get media from my computer onto my 360 with my wireless connection, but I haven't been able to find any testimonials in regards to being able to connect to Magma with anything other than a bridged connection with an ethernet cable, a solution which is possible, but not incredibly feasible for me at this point. Please let me know if I can do this without wires, because I am excited to join the open beta but don't wish to get stuck with an XNA account for nothing.
    Sure you can do it without wires. I'm not sure what you're referring to about a bridged connection, because that's one thing that definitely doesn't work.

My 360 is connected to my home network via wireless adapter, and so are both my Windows XP laptop and Windows 7 desktop. Both are able to transfer to my 360 via Magma with no problems.
  • mikebechillinmikebechillin Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I cant seem to make my Windows side on my mac pick up my xbox gamer tag on magma either... What can i do to fix this! its driving me nuts!