Auditioning....

JShadowz666JShadowz666 Opening Act
edited February 2010 in The Rock Band Network
....okay so my friend just got an XNA membership, and since he doesn't have a computer to access the forum here, he asked me to post here and ask how to audition songs. Since that's all it said, to audition songs you need a XNA Creators Club premium membership. If anyone could help me out with information I could relay to him, it'd be appreciated.

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    JShadowz666;3424756 said:
    ....okay so my friend just got an XNA membership, and since he doesn't have a computer to access the forum here, he asked me to post here and ask how to audition songs. Since that's all it said, to audition songs you need a XNA Creators Club premium membership. If anyone could help me out with information I could relay to him, it'd be appreciated.
    You also need a PC to run Magma, and the PC must be on the same network as the Xbox.

If he doesn't have a computer then that's going to be a problem. :)
  • JShadowz666JShadowz666 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3424810 said:
    You also need a PC to run Magma, and the PC must be on the same network as the Xbox.

If he doesn't have a computer then that's going to be a problem. :)
    Well, I was planning on getting an XNA premium membership, so could you maybe walk me through how to audition the songs, in the event that I do decide to get a premium membership?
  • DHatchDHatch Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    JShadowz666;3424756 said:
    Ok, i posted this in the wireless thread and copied it here.

You need to have the computer your authoring on and the xbox on the same wireless network to start. Then you also have to download magma on your computer, to build and auditon your song. Your xbox must be in audition mode in the Rockband Game, which means it's ready to receive your wirelessly transferred files from your compter . (audition mode is under extras in the rockband game). Also, i am not 100% sure but i think you need to have a Xbox Live gold account to get the update that gives you the audition mode.
    Once you have audition mode ready on your Xbox, just build and audition your song in Magma. Under the audition tab in Magma, click the button that says "Search for Xbox". Your Xbox name should come up in that white window. Highlight your Xbox name in the white window and click the "transfer to selected xbox" button. The file will be sent to your Xbox. Make sure rockband is in "Audition" mode or magma will not find your xbox.
    edited January 2010
    JShadowz666;3424825 said:
    Well, I was planning on getting an XNA premium membership, so could you maybe walk me through how to audition the songs, in the event that I do decide to get a premium membership?
    Are you referring to songs you'll be authoring, or songs downloaded from creators.rockband.com? In any case, the steps are the same:

- In RB2 go to Extras -> Audition
    - On your PC, run Magma and click Audition
    - Browse for the song file (.rbs or .rba) then click Search for Xbox
    - Click on your Gamertag when it shows up, then click Transfer and you'll be all set. :)
    DHatch;3424854 said:
    Also, i am not 100% sure but i think you need to have a Xbox Live gold account to get the update that gives you the audition mode.
    You do not need a Gold account to receive the RB2 update, but you do need to have a Gold membership in addition to the XNA Premium membership to even be able to use Audition Mode.
  • DHatchDHatch Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3424867 said:

You do not need a Gold account to receive the RB2 update, but you do need to have a Gold membership in addition to the XNA Premium membership to even be able to use Audition Mode.
    Thanks for the clarification on that one. I just know that i had an automatic update in RB2 the very first time i attempted to use audtion mode, coincidentally, after just signing up for my gold account. I hadn't played RB2 in a while so I guess the patch was overdue, then my memberships kicked in. Good timing i guess!
  • JShadowz666JShadowz666 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3424867 said:
    Are you referring to songs you'll be authoring, or songs downloaded from creators.rockband.com? In any case, the steps are the same:

- In RB2 go to Extras -> Audition
    - On your PC, run Magma and click Audition
    - Browse for the song file (.rbs or .rba) then click Search for Xbox
    - Click on your Gamertag when it shows up, then click Transfer and you'll be all set. :)

So where does one download the songs to transfer using Magma? I saw creators.rockband.com, but do you need like a special account there or something? I didn't see any songs for audition there.
    edited January 2010
    JShadowz666;3425113 said:
    So where does one download the songs to transfer using Magma? I saw creators.rockband.com, but do you need like a special account there or something? I didn't see any songs for audition there.
    You need to be a member and have the Premium XNA account. At this point, being a member means being a part of the beta test, so if you're not part of that you won't be able to see or download any songs until they open up the site for anyone to join.
  • SESbb30SESbb30 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    ok, im accessing audition mode but i only have silver, do i have to have gold to use it? because magma isnt transferring songs, well, it wont even find my xbox.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    SESbb30;3438308 said:
    ok, im accessing audition mode but i only have silver, do i have to have gold to use it? because magma isnt transferring songs, well, it wont even find my xbox.
    Yes, you must have an Xbox Live Gold account, one that is linked to an XNA Creator's Club Premium account. Audition Mode will not work without that.
  • SESbb30SESbb30 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    davidshek;3438438 said:
    Yes, you must have an Xbox Live Gold account, one that is linked to an XNA Creator's Club Premium account. Audition Mode will not work without that.
    ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.
  • TheDreamGhostTheDreamGhost Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    Alright, so I just moved to a new house, and I have audition mode, my net was down for like 3 weeks and I have not messed with the program at all, it worked just fine at my old house, but at my new house, even though I am in audition mode on the screen, every time I hit search for xbox on magma, it says there are no xbox's to be found, I have gold and I am in the audition mode screen, so why is it not finding my xbox now?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited February 2010
    TheDreamGhost;3489387 said:
    Alright, so I just moved to a new house, and I have audition mode, my net was down for like 3 weeks and I have not messed with the program at all, it worked just fine at my old house, but at my new house, even though I am in audition mode on the screen, every time I hit search for xbox on magma, it says there are no xbox's to be found, I have gold and I am in the audition mode screen, so why is it not finding my xbox now?

Is your xbox and computer hooked up to the same router(if you have cable internet), or using the same wireless hub/connection?

If not they won't be able to find each other.