Any plans for further DLC?

BecknerBeckner Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
It would be a real shame if we never got our hands on the White Album and A Hard Day's Night albums in Rock Band.

There hasn't been any sort of announcement-- one way or the other. Maybe now (fingers crossed) future releases are a surprise?

But it's this quote, floating about on the Internet, from Harmonix PR rep John Drake that worries me most:
"Every time we do one song, it's not like Rock Band where we wait for the masters to come in and just author them... its like, send people to Abbey Road, use the original tape, separate them out... it costs thousands of dollars. We're waiting to see how things sell. We're waiting to see how the albums do. If they sell well, we'll have a lot more content."
And unfortunately, Beatles: Rock Band sold well under industry projections.

Comments

  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Beckner;3425763 said:

    There hasn't been any sort of announcement-- one way or the other.
    There's your answer.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Maybe they'll announce something on friday. Keep an eye out for the Announcement Forum.

    Either they will tell us, that more DLC are on the way, or they will say that there will be NO more DLC in the future... Or maybe they wont say anything at all.

    Not much we can do, other than waiting and be patient.
  • midge-beatlesmidge-beatles Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    CaptainKicker;3425791 said:
    Not much we can do, other than waiting and be patient.
    You're the first person who has said this, and I agree with you. Why is everyone panicking because an announce hasn't been made? If you prayed to God, he'd give us more DLC. :rolleyes:
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    midge-beatles;3426084 said:
    You're the first person who has said this, and I agree with you. Why is everyone panicking because an announce hasn't been made? If you prayed to God, he'd give us more DLC. :rolleyes:
    Yep, and come on guys! We have 3 awesome albums and a lot of cool songs on the disc. Just play the game, enjoy all the songs and have some f*ck*ng fun. :)
  • ourkidourkid Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I think if HMX decided to not release any further DLC then they should not have gotten the rights in the first place... you dont start this and leave it well short, they will have known before hand how much it costs for each song to make, they must have known this for sure, they are not new to this sort of thing and im quite sure there would have been alot of market research done also.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    ourkid;3426138 said:
    I think IF HMX decided to not release any furtehr DLC then they should not have gotten the rights in the first place... you dont start this and leave it well short, they will have known before hand how much it costs for each song to make, they must have known this for sure.
    Well, they could sell thoose rights. I heard that some game company wanted to make a huge Beatles game, with only vocals, but they could'nt make it, because HMX got the rights. So if the worst thing ever, happens, that HMX wont do DLC, well they may sell the rights.

    And dont sell them to Activision! I swear to god. I prefer no more Beatles songs, than new Beatles songs in Guitar Hero.
  • ourkidourkid Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Yes you are right, they won the rights by (i assume) paying more for it, so they presumably are in for the long haul and it would not make sense to go 1/3 the way there and stop... that would make no sense.
  • mysfarbrormysfarbror Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    i think a higher % gets dlc for this game then the other rockband/guitar hero games
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I hope they haven't diverted resources from Beatles DLC to Green Day DLC, ugh
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    MisterSchulz;3426207 said:
    I hope they haven't diverted resources from Beatles DLC to Green Day DLC, ugh
    Oh dear god, no!
  • midge-beatlesmidge-beatles Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    MisterSchulz;3426207 said:
    I hope they haven't diverted resources from Beatles DLC to Green Day DLC, ugh
    I doubt it.
  • billybobjoe1881billybobjoe1881 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    If we get Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da I will be happy
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    MisterSchulz;3426207 said:
    I hope they haven't diverted resources from Beatles DLC to Green Day DLC, ugh
    I hope not too, I mean Green Day is cool but this is the Beatles were talking about..
  • BecknerBeckner Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Thanks all, apologies if this has been an ongoing discussion here. (I saw the other thread that was started up today also.)

    I guess the thing is for me, and for I'm sure a few of yas, I've had the game since the morning of 09/09/09. I unlocked everything I could before we got our mitts on the rest of "Abbey Rd." (I'm not saying this to brag, by far: I'm only a medium level player, but I usually sing and play at the same time.) By any fair estimate, the game is old TO ME. But there's PLENTY folks, young and old, who just unwrapped this thing at the end of last month, who in the coming months will be hankering for more content.

    If anything, Harmonix deserves a break-- besides who really wants to travel to Studio 2 in winter to procure safety copies of the 4 tracks?
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    If they decide it's too expensive (please don't HMX!) and don't want to do albums anymore, they should at least use the rights they've gotten to weed out the classic songs that haven't yet been released as DLC.

    I can't imagine they just up and leave right now when "Hey Jude," "Help!," "Let It Be," "Strawberry Fields Forever," etc. are still left to be brought to the game.
  • BecknerBeckner Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Yeah but of those that you listed, only "Help!" is really a guitar song. Yes, I know, there's plenty non guitar stuff being "played" in B:RB but "Hey Jude" wouldn't even be that much fun!

    There's plenty of guitar led tracks on their first five records that haven't seen their day in RB though. I do find the omission of "Help!" rather grievous as of right now, along with "Yesterday" "We Can Work It Out" and "Rain."
  • ChaelChael Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Beckner;3427199 said:
    Yeah but of those that you listed, only "Help!" is really a guitar song. Yes, I know, there's plenty non guitar stuff being "played" in B:RB but "Hey Jude" wouldn't even be that much fun!

    There's plenty of guitar led tracks on their first five records that haven't seen their day in RB though. I do find the omission of "Help!" rather grievous as of right now, along with "Yesterday" "We Can Work It Out" and "Rain."

    "Hey Jude" wouldn't be fun but "Yesterday" would? I don't get your logic there. They are both light on instrumentation. "Yesterday" doesn't even have drums. Getting away from that, I will purchase, play the hell out of and be absolutely ecstatic with every single song that comes out for this game.
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Hey Jude on Vocals would be hellllll of fun, what are you talking about! As with all Beatles songs, who cares if they don't have instruments
  • chumsicleschumsicles Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    they should at least say SOMETHING. Even a simple announcement saying that they don't know if more DLC is coming or that there is no more DLC would suffice. What on earth could possibly make them think than releasing 3 albums and then not saying a word about future DLC is a good idea?
  • BecknerBeckner Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    they should at least say SOMETHING. Even a simple announcement saying that they don't know if more DLC is coming or that there is no more DLC would suffice. What on earth could possibly make them think than releasing 3 albums and then not saying a word about future DLC is a good idea?
    'zactly. Cuz announcing Green Day: Rock Band the other day and not announcing more Beatles: Rock Band DLC makes me feel a little queasy.
  • CyberKFoxCyberKFox Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Chances for DLC are still unbalanced due to these possiblities
    1. Harmonix will announce more Beatles DLC but they will tell us to wait even longer so they can cater to Green Day: Rock Band owners
    2. Harmonix will give the Beatles: Rock Band owners the brush off like they did to the owners of Rock Band Unplugged

    as for being patient, You might have to do a rain check on that as the fans of The Beatles are very loyal next to fans of Elvis, The Who and others and if they don't get what they want... you (might) will expect hell to pay
  • cbat7375cbat7375 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Everytime I play online no one has any of the albums, and looking at the downloads it looks like everyone is too cheap to buy them. These downloads keep the game alive, Please people get the albums they are well worth it and then they will keep making new dlc.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I'm pretty sure most people on the forums have already got all the DLC. It won't change much talking about it here.

    When you're playing with people online, just say to them 'oh, you should buy the DLC, it's really good'.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I'll go out on a limb and say Green Day: Rock Band has nothing to do with Beatles DLC. It's likely that HMX is waiting to see DLC buying patterns after a bunch of new Beatles: Rock Band players arrived on the scene after the holidays. If the costs of producing new DLC is prohibitively high vs sales numbers, then they may decide to do singles packs rather than full album DLC.

    I really can't see them abandoning the game with so many huge hits not yet available for sale. I can see them saying "we're not going to make much profit by devoting time to doing every Beatles song ever written, so let's concentrate on getting the big stuff out before folks lose interest in the game". Conversely, they wouldn't want to cannibalize future sales by releasing the top singles when they could instead sell the full album. It's not a simple decision and I'm glad they're taking the time to consider it fully.

    I'm thinking that we'll see an announcement before the end of the month for another round of DLC starting Feb.
  • CM_DrunkCM_Drunk Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    CyberKFox;3427920 said:
    Chances for DLC are still unbalanced due to these possiblities
    1. Harmonix will announce more Beatles DLC but they will tell us to wait even longer so they can cater to Green Day: Rock Band owners
    2. Harmonix will give the Beatles: Rock Band owners the brush off like they did to the owners of Rock Band Unplugged

    as for being patient, You might have to do a rain check on that as the fans of The Beatles are very loyal next to fans of Elvis, The Who and others and if they don't get what they want... you (might) will expect hell to pay

    See the bolded part. Im going to agree with this, they have made no attempt to make any kind of statement regarding future DLC. They are fully aware of the activity of this board, and the questions regarding future DLC, and yet they dont even give a "be patient, more to come soon" type of response.

    If they valued the concept of us buying DLC, they would at least give us some kind of information...
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    No, because HMX hate you and don't want to make money. Obviously.

    I plan on posting a mean-spirited dismissal like this in every thread on this subject that pops up, since it's got an obvious answer, and the pathetic doom-saying it brings is just embarrassing.
  • BecknerBeckner Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    MPPMike;3428549 said:
    I really can't see them abandoning the game with so many huge hits not yet available for sale. I can see them saying "we're not going to make much profit by devoting time to doing every Beatles song ever written, so let's concentrate on getting the big stuff out before folks lose interest in the game". Conversely, they wouldn't want to cannibalize future sales by releasing the top singles when they could instead sell the full album. It's not a simple decision and I'm glad they're taking the time to consider it fully.
    Smartest line of thinking I've seen yet, thanks.
  • kkslider9827kkslider9827 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    well since all you need is love isnt out on PS3/Wii That MIGHT be a sign that Magical Mystery Tour is coming but if not PS3/Wii will defanetly get 1 more dlc release which would be All you need is love
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    cbat7375;3428363 said:
    Everytime I play online no one has any of the albums, and looking at the downloads it looks like everyone is too cheap to buy them. These downloads keep the game alive, Please people get the albums they are well worth it and then they will keep making new dlc.
    I have all the DLC and find this annoying aswell, but I always make sure to tell them....
    PleasePleaseMeat;3428375 said:
    'oh, you should buy the DLC, it's really good'.
    Not just in the hope for more DLC but in the hope of playing it more often online.
    kkslider9827;3429201 said:
    well since all you need is love isnt out on PS3/Wii That MIGHT be a sign that Magical Mystery Tour is coming but if not PS3/Wii will defanetly get 1 more dlc release which would be All you need is love
    This is why I am glad they did not just release this one song yet. If they release it on its own, then I may become worried. :)
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    CM_Drunk;3428690 said:
    See the bolded part. Im going to agree with this, they have made no attempt to make any kind of statement regarding future DLC. They are fully aware of the activity of this board, and the questions regarding future DLC, and yet they dont even give a "be patient, more to come soon" type of response.

    If they valued the concept of us buying DLC, they would at least give us some kind of information...
    They have posted on this forum several times saying to be patient and if they have anything to announce, they will tell us. For all we know, they might be working on every other Beatles right now. Just because they haven't told us yet doesn't mean they aren't going to do any more.
Sign In or Register to comment.