Magma compilation error for drums

zak124zak124 Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hi, i'm having an error in magma compilation. I have a master track for the drums track, so I'm using [mix 0-3 drums3] However when I try to compile it, it gives me this error

Saving unsaved changes before build.
Build started at 4:06 PM.
Reading the archive
Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\AoH.rbproj'...
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 6...
Metadata Compiler: Starting...
Metadata Compiler: Done.
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 6...
MIDI Compiler: Starting...
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn/aoh/aoh rbn7.mid (PART DRUMS): bad mix 'drums 3' at 1:1:000
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn/aoh/aoh rbn7.mid (PART DRUMS): No drum submix specified for difficulty 1 before first gem at 13:1:000
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn/aoh/aoh rbn7.mid (PART DRUMS): No drum submix specified for difficulty 1
MIDI Compiler: Done.
ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
Build ended at 4:06 PM.

Comments

• ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    If you are actually using '[mix 0-3 drums3]' then that is your problem. You need separate events:
    [mix 0 drums3]
    [mix 1 drums3]
    etc.

and just to double check, you said you have "a master track" for the drums track. If you mean that you have a single track with all the drum sounds on it, then you want drums0. drums3 means you have a stereo kick file, a stereo snare file, and a stereo kit file.
  • zak124zak124 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I'm using those individually, im sorry, I shouldve said that. And I mean as in i have a kit track, a snare track, and a bass drum track.

Thanks for the response
    edited January 2010
    bad mix 'drums 3' at 1:1:000
    OK then from this error I'd say you might have a space between the 'drums' and the '3' which is not good.
  • zak124zak124 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Unfortunately, although thats what it says, the midi has no space.

MIDI Compiler: Starting...
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn/aoh/aoh rbn8.mid (PART DRUMS): bad mix 'drums 3' at 1:1:000
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn/aoh/aoh rbn8.mid (PART DRUMS): No drum submix specified for difficulty 1 before first gem at 13:1:000
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/users/administrator/desktop/rbn/aoh/aoh rbn8.mid (PART DRUMS): No drum submix specified for difficulty 1
    MIDI Compiler: Done.
    ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
    Build ended at 4:32 PM.

Difficulty 1 is medium right? So what do I have to do there?
    edited January 2010
    Well, that's just because of the bad mix text event that is at 1:1:000.

It sees some problem with that mix event, and then part two of the error is, "oh yeah, and also you don't have a mix event for difficulty 1!" They are two sides of the same coin.

So do me a favor, and copy and paste the text for all of your mix events into your next reply so we can see what you have.

Or take a screenshot of them and post it.
    edited January 2010
    If nothing were wrong, it would compile :)

But I admit I don't see anything. I don't really like all the mix events stacked on 1.1.0. Try moving them a bit to the right, and if that still doesn't work, can you post a screenshot of the midi event list?
  • zak124zak124 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I deleted all the mix events, and put them back again. And now it compiled. Thanks for your help.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    zak124;3426919 said:
    I deleted all the mix events, and put them back again. And now it compiled. Thanks for your help.
    Why is it that the problems we spend the most time scratching our heads over have the easiest solutions? :)
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    It was likely that you had one of the old events set to something other than "Text Event", That's what happened to me XD; ...
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    ethicalpaul;3426632 said:
    drums3 means you have a stereo kick file, a stereo snare file, and a stereo kit file.
    Sorry for threadjacking, but I just realized - how can 'mix # drum3' ever work if the kick's supposed to be mono? Shouldn't 'drum3' be Stereo kit/Stereo snare/Mono kick?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    DavyinaToga;3436159 said:
    Sorry for threadjacking, but I just realized - how can 'mix # drum3' ever work if the kick's supposed to be mono? Shouldn't 'drum3' be Stereo kit/Stereo snare/Mono kick?
    Well, you can have a stereo kick stem. I'm not sure how common that is (I'm sure there are reasons for recording the kick in stereo that I'm not aware of) but as long as you use the drums3 event there's nothing preventing you from having a stereo kick stem.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Magma's always rejected stereo files for the kick stem, at least for me. I can't even start compiling if the kick stem is anything BUT mono!