How to set long notes in Drums

carenzocarenzo Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hi to all, I´m new at this and I can not find any info about it, I´ll like to add some long notes at the end of my drums for extra points, but I do not know how, I can not find the way, any help please, and thanks in advance.

And one more thing, do I really need to buy the premium account to test my track or transfer them from my computer to my XBOX 360? I rather try first if I can do it well before wasting money.

Comments

• CharronCharron Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    You're talking about a Big Rock Ending. Guitar and Bass have their own rows in the MIDI just for that, but Drums recycles the Drum Fill rows. Just author notes of the same duration and starting point on all five rows for all three instruments, making sure there's at least one note (on all difficulties) after the Big Rock Ending finishes, and it'll appear when testing.

You will need an XNA account of some form; there are free ones available to students, and it's possible there's other free trials available out there, but I don't know of any off the top of my head.
  • carenzocarenzo Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    So in the in the Reaper test, they wont show, only in my XBOX?

and thanks

I allready have the basic one in XNA you´ll think is OK with that?
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    No, you need XNA Premium to audition a song on your xbox. The docs are pretty clear on this as I recall.
    edited January 2010
    ethicalpaul;3426801 said:
    No, you need XNA Premium to audition a song on your xbox. The docs are pretty clear on this as I recall.
    Thanks, so Paying it is.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    Charron;3426728 said:
    You're talking about a Big Rock Ending. Guitar and Bass have their own rows in the MIDI just for that, but Drums recycles the Drum Fill rows. Just author notes of the same duration and starting point on all five rows for all three instruments, making sure there's at least one note (on all difficulties) after the Big Rock Ending finishes, and it'll appear when testing.
    And don't forget that the [coda] event in your EVENTS track needs to be placed at the start of the BRE.
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3426948 said:
    And don't forget that the [coda] event in your EVENTS track needs to be placed at the start of the BRE.
    What code? the one that start music?
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    carenzo;3426975 said:
    What code? the one that start music?
    No, it's a text event, called [coda], just like the other ones such as [idle], [play], etc. I have no idea why they decided to call it that, but that's the text event that needs to be placed where the BRE starts. If it isn't there, Magma will let you know. :)
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3427001 said:
    No, it's a text event, called [coda]

I have no idea why they decided to call it that
    "coda" is a musical term. From the Latin meaning "tail", it's a concluding section that is distinct from the main part of the song. In other words, the outro.
    edited January 2010
    ethicalpaul;3426801 said:
    I was auditioning locally when I still had my XNA trial. I don't know if that still works, but it did for me back in the fall.

Can't upload without Premium, but audition I think can be done on a trial.
    edited January 2010
    sorry, I wasn't contrasting trial vs. premium. An HMX trial works fine for audition and the site.

I was contrasting "plain" xna vs. premium as I thought he was talking about here:
    I allready have the basic one in XNA you´ll think is OK with that?
    but as I read it again just now, I don't know what he is meaning there.
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3427001 said:
    No, it's a text event, called [coda], just like the other ones such as [idle], [play], etc. I have no idea why they decided to call it that, but that's the text event that needs to be placed where the BRE starts. If it isn't there, Magma will let you know. :)
    Thanks, for the help, any idea, were can I get a list of terms? and a better way to use them? all this terms are new to me and is getting hard to start, I already have my song finish (first test) but I gat a error in my midi file, I do not know exactly how to export it and what part to export, I try to create a song in magma with the demo that comes with the RBN SDK but I gat the same error.
    edited January 2010
    Charron;3427273 said:
    I was auditioning locally when I still had my XNA trial. I don't know if that still works, but it did for me back in the fall.

Can't upload without Premium, but audition I think can be done on a trial.
    Thanks I´ll try that.
    edited January 2010
    ethicalpaul;3427908 said:
    sorry, I wasn't contrasting trial vs. premium. An HMX trial works fine for audition and the site.

I was contrasting "plain" xna vs. premium as I thought he was talking about here:

but as I read it again just now, I don't know what he is meaning there.
    Sorry for my English is a little rusty, I have the basic one, I found the difrence in the accounts.
    edited January 2010
    I already redeem my code for trial, I just have to waith for it to appear in my profile, since I´m still as register.
    edited January 2010
    One more Question, witch tracks do I export as wav and witch as midi? the audio ones or the ones with my notes for the game?
    edited January 2010
    carenzo;3428559 said:
    One more Question, witch tracks do I export as wav and witch as midi? the audio ones or the ones with my notes for the game?
    Audio exports as .wav, your notes export as midi.
    edited January 2010
    Charron;3428865 said:
    Audio exports as .wav, your notes export as midi.
    Audio one by one y midi all in one , is that OK?

I keep getting an error on my events but I do not know how to get rid of,

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/archivos de programa/rockband/testfinal/bluestest01.mid (EVENTS): [music_end] event is required but not found
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/archivos de programa/rockband/testfinal/bluestest01.mid (EVENTS): [end] event is required but not found

But in my event I have the two commands.
    edited January 2010
    Yes, audio files are individual (but they may consist of several tracks--the backing track often does, for example).

yes, the midi file is the all-in-one containing all the midi tracks.

Regarding your errors, are those events definitely on your EVENTS midi track? Can we see a screen shot?
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    Looks OK, fellow Mac guy. Are those events Text Events? (they should be)

Make sure that midi track is not muted (if it's muted, its midi notes won't get exported).

Are you sure that you're compiling in Magma the current midi export file and not some older one?