Rock Blog 07/20/07

edited July 2007 in Announcements
No Rock Blog since Tuesday? Man, I'm slipping. Truth is it has been nuts over here with everything going on (in addition to the game) so people have been a little preoccupied (including myself). I'm also preparing myself for tomorrow, I'm going in to get more work done on my tattoo for the first time in, like, a year and a half. Which is crazy. I should have done this a lot earlier so I can get to work on my next huge tattoo. Dur. What are you doing this weekend?

Thanks to everybody for the Xfire chat the other night. I know some folks were a little disappointed we didn't come clean with all the glorious secrets of our game but we were stoked to meet a bunch of you online. it is definitely something I'd like to do again when we get closer to launch.

Two blogs today. First off we have another Rock Band comic by Razlo of the QA team. He also happens to be the writer over at Bizarre Uprising and he's a nice guy to boot. Next we have Naoko who, amongst other things, goes into the sordid details about why she calls herself AliceandTwoTeenagers here on the boards. You love sordid!

I also am bringing back fan blog links as more and more of you are blogging. I especially liked monlienNH3's blog about the community we have so far on this website. Thanks!

Razlo won't ever leave Mr. Biscuits behind.

Naoko strange relationship with Double Dare

monlienNH3 likes the website!

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Thanks man........

Now, about those glorious secrets you mentioned.........
  • PhiromosPhiromos Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Eman311;18884 said:
    Thanks man........

Now, about those glorious secrets you mentioned.........
    haha yes shean...about those secrets....you know if you mention just one..we dont care which one...but one...you will make us the happiest fan boy bloggers ever
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Yea pretty much

Just tell me: has the setlist been finalized?
  • PhiromosPhiromos Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    yeah that'll be enough to hold me over for a bit..and you can release that without any consequences right??you dont have to tell us the songs...but that would be awesome haha
  • DShizzle1029DShizzle1029 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Seriously Sean, your beard is art! I,,I (O_o) I,,I
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    hmxsean;18878 said:

Thanks to everybody for the Xfire chat the other night. I know some folks were a little disappointed we didn't come clean with all the glorious secrets of our game but we were stoked to meet a bunch of you online. it is definitely something I'd like to do again when we get closer to launch.
    The chat was great, I would love it if we got a chance to do it again, maybe even get another chance at a free rockband! :D . Hmm glorious secrets aye?

Finally a rock blog, I almost thought we would never see them again. Great blogs this week, the comic is awesome. Is that mic headband going to come with the Rock Band Mic as a solution for those that have no micstand so they can play and sing at the same time? I hope so, seems like a good idea to me, it could double as a cool sweatband or bandana, so it is still rock and roll but practical too!
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Hey , what up everyone nice *Looks at calendar* Friday , anyone else had a crappy week ?
  • Guitarplayer777Guitarplayer777 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I would almost pay to find out if the list is finalized. ALMOST.

I would also like to know the final price! It's driving me nuts. everybody keeps throwing numbers out there
  • JimNasiumJimNasium Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Is it safe to say the final tracklisting on the game has been chosen?
  • edited July 2007
    Finally getting going on that arm!!! Hope it goes well and post pics next week!
  • x3ar23x3ar23 Unsigned
    edited July 2007
  • fried_blowneyfried_blowney Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    When will the next set of songs be disclosed?
  • edited July 2007
    fried_blowney;19390 said:
    When will the next set of songs be disclosed?

Do you seriously want to know all the songs before the release date?!?! They've announced 16 of the 40 or so, plus the first DLC album. Just under five months away from the tentative release date (of which that could all change, of course) and there's less than half the list already.

I'd like SOMETHING to be a surprise at this point!!
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    deathstick;20879 said:
    Do you seriously want to know all the songs before the release date?!?! They've announced 16 of the 40 or so, plus the first DLC album. Just under five months away from the tentative release date (of which that could all change, of course) and there's less than half the list already.

If they change the release date theyre gonna make so many grown men cry. Mark my words :p
  • Hade01Hade01 Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Well, truthfully, I'd rather just know what to expect. Be surprised with the downloadable tunes. :P

Then again, I guess a little surprise never hurt anyone.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited July 2007
    deathstick;20879 said:

Of course I want to know the complete songlist! I want to know what I'm buying. I don't mind if they don'T reveal the bonus songs that are in the game, but of course I want to know the actual career mode songlist.
    I really hope they announce more songs soon. Maybe at the Games Convention, hm?
  • fried_blowneyfried_blowney Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    deathstick;20879 said:

I didn't mean the rest of the songs, perhaps another 6 or 8.