George harrison Guitar

sweenovsweenov Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Does anyone know or have they heard if their will be any more of the George Harrison Gretsch Guitars for the PS3? I want to complete my Beatles band and have the limited edition set and purchased the Lennon Rickenbacker but can't find the Gretsch for the PS3 anywhere. Looked on Ebay and they are going for big bucks. Please Please Help me.

Comments

• Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited January 2010
    I came to investigate something similar. It looks like they're all gone for all systems everywhere. Someone was asking what guitar to get the other day and how much it was and when I looked for the Gretsch on 360 they were all gone. They disappeared! Outside of ridiculous 3rd party prices. The Rickenbacker looks to be gone for PoS3 and Wii but there's still some 360 around.
  • TheNewTheNew Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I checked at the Best buy next to my house and they have 5 Rickenbackers left
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Rock_Starman;3429699 said:
    I came to investigate something similar. It looks like they're all gone for all systems everywhere. Someone was asking what guitar to get the other day and how much it was and when I looked for the Gretsch on 360 they were all gone. They disappeared! Outside of ridiculous 3rd party prices. The Rickenbacker looks to be gone for PoS3 and Wii but there's still some 360 around.
    WTF is that? I hope that's a typo, becase if not then you just took an entirely credible post and made it a joke.
  • BStu78BStu78 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    If you check out the Google Shopping results, there is one site that lists it for $120. A mark-up, but if you really want it, its better than the huge mark-up prices out there. Don't know much about the site in question, though, so proceed with caution.
  • wonkavatorwonkavator Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Kmart online has them available for shipping. Better hurry though. They'll probably go fast!
  • IsawPaulIsawPaul Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Try game stop it will allow you to do a search for stores in your area. That is how I found mine last week.
  • sweenovsweenov Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Hello and Thank Everybody for the replys. Tried Kmart and while their site says they have them for shipping when you click on it it takes you to the next place where it says this item is sold out. Game stop like wise in my area none to be found.
  • odd-propsodd-props Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Funny how they all sold out by xmas yet they are saying the game didn't sell well.

So are people just buying the guitars but not the game?

collectors and speculators?
    edited January 2010
    Yeah Great observation! I actually checked amazon and their were two for sale one at $399 and one at $999? Are you kidding me! I bought my Lennon Rickenbacker a couple weeks before Christmas and their were plenty for the PS3 the Harrison as well, and now? Just trying to see what is up and No real answers yet. I called Harmonix too and they had no answers.
  • ReckelhoffReckelhoff Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I did this and it worked for me. Gamestop used to have the Gretsch listed on their website, I don't think it is on there anymore. Anyway, while it was still on there I did a search and there were none in my area. So I searched where I am originally from and three different stores came up. I called the first one and told them I was looking for the Gretsch for a PS3. He said they had one. I asked if I could buy it over the phone and have it shipped, but their policy states they can't do that. However he said I could contact my local Gamestop and they could request one from there store and I could get it that way. So that's what I did and I finally have the complete set. Hope this helps.
  • nneptunenneptune Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Oooohh...
    I was so lucky tonight!
    Out of nowhere, I received a $50 Reward Zone certificate from Best Buy.
    I decided to take a little side trip there.
    There, to my surprise, was ONE lone PS3 Gretsch for $99.

Of course, I grabbed it! I thought it might have been a return or defective, being as that there was only one in the entire store.

I took my chances, got it home, and it's in perfect shape!... and with the certificate, it cost me $49!

I now am fortunate enough to have all 4 of the instruments! What a surprise out of nowhere! I was seeing them on ebay for $300!

My lucky night...somehow!
    edited January 2010
    Thats the coolest story . Glad and Jealous! Glad that you completed the set and man I still need mine. The great thing is I think they play great for a controller. They have a great feel and look awesome!
  • S4nG0_59S4nG0_59 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Check Play.com, they still have the Gretsch for PS3, but no Rickenbacker!