The Rollings Stones PWNS the Beatles

edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
It's so funny. On Amazon, on YouTube, even on these forums, when somebody talks about the Beatles, there's always this douche-bag that points out "YO BEATLES SUCK CRAP ROLLING STONES IS WAAY BETTA BETCHES!"

Ummm, what?

No...not at all...that's an opinion, dumb-ass. Sure, Rolling Stones is good, has a couple of good songs, but their songs sound mostly likes jams. They don't sound organized or good. Which Rolling Stones song sounds like Golden Slumbers or Yesterday? None.

Just my opinion, though.

And the funny thing is, we Beatles fans never yell at Rolling Stones fans saying the Beatles are better...we keep the truth to ourselves...;)

Comments

• edited January 2010
    HylianBowcaster;3430335 said:
    I wish the Rolling Stones were better than they actually were, I got really excited when people said they were really good, but I got their greatest hits album and there was like three songs I liked out of about thirty. Really a let down.
    Exactly the same reaction.

I also got that reaction with the Who...:(

I reeeeeally want to like them, but I just...can't. :mad:
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited January 2010
    "it often seems as if every interesting thing The Rolling Stones ever did was directly preceded by something the Beatles had already accomplished, and it almost feels like the Stones completely stopped evolving once the Beatles broke up in 1970. But this, of course, is simply a coincidence. I mean, what kind of bozo would compare the Beatles to The Rolling Stones?"
  • back_blowsback_blows Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    Man, you guys are insecure.
  • TheNewTheNew Opening Act
    edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    back_blows;3430369 said:
    Huh?
  • Explosion2Explosion2 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I like some of the Stones songs, but I like way more Beatles songs. Hence, I like the Beatles more.
    That doesn't mean the Stones are a bad band in the slightest, however.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    StrawberryFieldsForever;3430334 said:

Like what's your point? You're a Meme, and a troll, combined...

:rolleyes:
    I like how you just trolled, and the fact that I didn't use a meme too

:rolleyes:

Anyway what does this have to do with the Beatles Rock Band in the first place?
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Wow really?, cool story bro but......naw....

I like the Stones and all but sorry...Beatles kick them into the dust.
  • justin19954justin19954 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    StrawberryFieldsForever;3430347 said:
    Exactly the same reaction.

I also got that reaction with the Who...:(

I reeeeeally want to like them, but I just...can't. :mad:
    You gotta try harder man. Give the whole Tommy album a listen or Who's Next. Don't skip songs, thats how you grow appreiciation for an artist.
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    back_blows;3430369 said:
    He's right. You guys are all jumping because someone said the Rolling Stones are better than the Beatles.
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    justin19954;3430404 said:
    You gotta try harder man. Give the whole Tommy album a listen or Who's Next. Don't skip songs, thats how you grow appreiciation for an artist.
    Tommy made me respect The Who more as Musicians. So agreed.
  • HylianBowcasterHylianBowcaster Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I grew to like the Who after hearing My Generation. They're really good, better than the Stones.
  • Dr._Frasier_CraneDr._Frasier_Crane Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I've never understood why the two bands are always compared- they're completely different (and both great in their own way).

On a side note, any Beatles fan who's not too familiar with the Stones should check out the song "Connection" from Between the Buttons. Great song, and probably the closest the Stones ever got to sounding like the Beatles.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    StrawberryFieldsForever;3430300 said:

No...not at all...that's an opinion, dumb-ass.
    I don't think any of those Youtube comments are saying it's a fact. They may be sounding like jerks when they say the Rolling Stones are better than the Beatles, but what they're doing is no different than what you said, other than the fact that they're being a little more rude about it. They have their opinion and they aren't "dumb-asses" for having that opinion.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    It's so funny. On Amazon, on YouTube, even on these forums, when somebody talks about the Beatles, there's always this douche-bag that points out "YO BEATLES SUCK CRAP ROLLING STONES IS WAAY BETTA BETCHES!"

Ummm, what?

No...not at all...that's an opinion, dumb-ass. Sure, Rolling Stones is good, has a couple of good songs, but their songs sound mostly likes jams. They don't sound organized or good. Which Rolling Stones song sounds like Golden Slumbers or Yesterday? None.

Just my opinion, though.

And the funny thing is, we Beatles fans never yell at Rolling Stones fans saying the Beatles are better...we keep the truth to ourselves...;)
    I love how you make fun of someone for having an opinion (they never said it was a fact.) and then you say "Just my opinion" lol
  • ourkidourkid Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I dont think ive ever seen a stones fan use words like 'pwn' or 'betches'.

But then again im from England and im not a teenager.
  • BZLuckBZLuck Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    This whole thread is like saying, "My favorite color is better than your favorite color!"

Futile and narrow minded towards the glory that is the rock and roll diamond, and ignoring some of its many wonderful facets.
    edited January 2010
    I think that this thread is now pointless
    edited January 2010
    TheNew;3430581 said:
    I think I am now pointless
    fix'd
    lol jk
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    TheNew;3430613 said:
    Thank you
    You're welcome.
    edited January 2010
  • gnik nusgnik nus Unsigned
    edited January 2010
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    The Stones still rock. I love the Stones. The Stones are my fourth favorite artist of all time, and are greatly influential. I feel no need to put them down, only morons put down great bands in favor of another great band. Can't we all just get along? The Beatles are great, The Stones are great. The Beatles are just a little bit better, but The Stones awsome, and are almost on the same level as The Beatles. That's my opinion though.
  • gnik nusgnik nus Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    why do stones fans refuse to admit that the stones were influenced by the beatles especially when brian was there . paint it black norwegian wood, sgt pepper majesties requests. A stones fan once said on you tube that when the stones were writing songs like paint it black the beatles were writing songls like i wanna hold your hand mind you this was 66 tommorow never knows anyone.
  • BZLuckBZLuck Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    "YO TWILIGHT SUCK CRAP HARRY POTTER IS WAAY BETTA BETCHES!"

Fixed this too. :D
  • californicationcalifornication Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    BZLuck;3430745 said:
    "YO TWILIGHT SUCK CRAP HARRY POTTER IS WAAY BETTA BETCHES!"

Fixed this too. :D
    heh heh
  • SisterRaySisterRay Opening Act
    edited January 2010

Ummm, what?

Just my opinion, though.

I love the Rolling Stones but the Beatles are so popular it's going to cause some resentment or jealousy towards the Beatles. The Rolling Stones were great songwriters. I love their pop stuff "As Tears Go By" and "Ruby Tuesday" as much as their rock songs like "Satisfaction" or "Monkey Man".

I don't need to gush about the Beatles I already know how influential the were. There always going to be some people who will resent the Beatles.
  • Marvelfan13Marvelfan13 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Andyx1337;3430305 said:
    They're not even the same genre, Rolling Stones goes for a more Jazzy tone.
    Will someone PLEASE tell this guy the difference between Jazz and Blues? Honestly, they are completely different genres of music. The Rolling Stones have a more Bluesy tone than the Beatles. Sympathy for the Devil is a pretty fricken awesome song though...
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    You realize you're doing the exact same thing, right? Just sayin'...