Harmonix hates God/religion???

bnr18241bnr18241 Unsigned
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
I wanted to name my character god and it told me that name could not be used so i named him satan...what do you know, it works! So when it comes down to naming my album, i picked "God Saves"...nope, didn't work. I picked Satan Rocks...it worked. So then i wanted to pick a song to play. i wanted to play hey john, whats your name again? i couldn't find it...you know why?...because it is about following God and asking for forgiveness.

Comments

• Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    2 points
    1. Xbox does the filter for bands names etc.
    2. Non-Christians may find that song offensive.
  • bnr18241bnr18241 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Catch-22;3430664 said:
    2 points
    if non christians find that offensive, then why is it dlc in the first place? if you think about it, kids 10-12 won't even know that its about that. Older people who play rb2 would be the people who would be offended by it.
  • Anarchy_BalsacAnarchy_Balsac Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Catch-22;3430664 said:
    2 points
    However he does have a point. It's silly to be offended by God, but not Satan.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Anarchy_Balsac;3430779 said:
    However he does have a point. It's silly to be offended by God, but not Satan.
    Great, go post that on the Xbox forums. HMX does not have control over those filters.
  • FangSingFangSing Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    lolworthy thread.

But OP does have a point. It might be because Microsoft decided it was alright to make fun of Satin.
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    blah blah blah jesus good blah blah blah satan bad blah
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2010
    Catch-22;3430793 said:
    Great, go post that on the Xbox forums. HMX does not have control over those filters.
    Except it's in Lego Rock Band, which has no online content.

Unless this thread is misplaced.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 2010
    Bront20;3431008 said:
    Except it's in Lego Rock Band, which has no online content.

Unless this thread is misplaced.
    Well, there WERE talks about leaderboards which were supposed to exist--but don't. Filtering of the band names may have been a remnant of that intended feature.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    FangSing;3430833 said:
    lolworthy thread.

But OP does have a point. It might be because Microsoft decided it was alright to make fun of Satin.
    I don't think it's alright to make fun of satin.

Silk and nylon and polyester....yeah, fine, knock yourself out. But I'm highly offended whenever anyone makes fun of my favorite fabric.

btw: Microsoft doesn't have a damn thing to do with the FF filter. Not in the remotest.
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    :o you said the 'd' word

Repent before the winged Satan gets you ¬_¬
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2010
    Yet if you put in Robin Hood, or Captain Hook, they both work.

Microsoft is obviously biased towards some ficticious characters.
  • edited January 2010
    Their allegiance to the Dark Lord has been known for quite some time.

On a slightly more serious note, Microsoft handles the filter, not HMX (as has been pointed out by others in this thread), so you're probably better off discussing this with them.

To answer your question though: no, Harmonix does not hate any particular religion or philosophy. But as a secular company that isn't in business to promote any particular creed other than 'let there be rock (and funk, pop, etc)', it's understandable that they're not going out of their way to provide content with religious themes. And with Lego, they seem to have gone even further out of their way to avoid songs that has content that might be controversial... although, in all fairness, I doubt' The Great Satan' is playable in Lego either.

My advice? Just enjoy the game for the music and the fun you can have with friends, and not as a venue to promote your particular religion. Religion doesn't have to be a part of everything.
    To quote Matthew: "When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get."

Speaking of places that can do without religion, we're trying to avoid those kind of discussions on these forums too, since they inevitably lead to some kind of flame war. Hence, pre-emptive lock.
This discussion has been closed.