so whose anticipating an announcement tomorrow ??

dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
so whose anticipating an announcement tomorrow about the DLC who think well get one and what do yuo think the'll let us know

Comments

• RockStarrRockStarr Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    If I may speculate...

In all likelihood, HMX will release more DLC, it will just be a couple more months.

They probably had to take time to decide what to do next, and they want to get ahead of the curve before they commit themselves to anything.

I would be very shocked if there was an announcement tomorrow. However, I would be equally shocked if there was no announcement by the end of February.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    RockStarr;3432814 said:
    If I may speculate...

In all likelihood, HMX will release more DLC, it will just be a couple more months.

They probably had to take time to decide what to do next, and they want to get ahead of the curve before they commit themselves to anything.

I would be very shocked if there was an announcement tomorrow. However, I would be equally shocked if there was no announcement by the end of February.
    I REALLY doubt they're going to wait until the end of February to release any DLC. By then, they would loss a lot of interest in DLC because it would be so long since we've had any. If we don't get any (or an announcement of any) before mid-February, probably sooner, we won't get any more DLC.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    All You Need is Love

Now please :(
  • Sneak728Sneak728 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    MostSpartan14;3432840 said:
    I REALLY doubt they're going to wait until the end of February to release any DLC. By then, they would loss a lot of interest in DLC because it would be so long since we've had any. If we don't get any (or an announcement of any) before mid-February, probably sooner, we won't get any more DLC.
    In my opinion, the DLC has to come out next week. Harmonix is fantastic when it comes to keeping up with regular DLC. To skip a month would cause a bunch of uncertainty and inconsistency. Maybe they release one in February, then who knows? Do we get March? Maybe July? I don't know if you recall MostSpartan14, but I did make a thread concerning this a while ago.

At that time, you said just be patient because you anticipated more for sure. Now you're bringing up the point that people are losing interest if there is too long of a break in between DLC, which was exactly the point I made a few weeks ago.

I really do hope there is more, even though I'm a huge The Beatles: Rock Band player and supporter, I don't like how this DLC situation is being handled.
    edited January 2010
    Sneak728;3432931 said:

At that time, you said just be patient because you anticipated more for sure. Now you're bringing up the point that people are losing interest if there is too long of a break in between DLC, which was exactly the point I made a few weeks ago.
    I don't remember this thread (there have been A LOT like this over the past couple of weeks) but, a few weeks ago it hadn't even been a month since Rubber Soul was released. Then we were still on schedule for DLC and there was no reason to worry. Now that it has been just about a month, it's time to start getting a little concerned. I still think we'll get more but if we don't in the next 2 weeks, I don't think so anymore.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I won't be disappointed if there is no announcement tomorrow. I Will be disappointed if they cancel DLC...
  • RockStarrRockStarr Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    MostSpartan14;3432840 said:
    Oops, sorry on my part. I meant to say that there will probably be an announcement for more DLC by the end of JANUARY. Total screw up on my side.... wasn't thinkin straight :p

I do doubt though that the next DLC will be available to download in the next week
    edited January 2010
    MostSpartan14;3432968 said:
    I don't remember this thread (there have been A LOT like this over the past couple of weeks) but, a few weeks ago it hadn't even been a month since Rubber Soul was released. Then we were still on schedule for DLC and there was no reason to worry. Now that it has been just about a month, it's time to start getting a little concerned. I still think we'll get more but if we don't in the next 2 weeks, I don't think so anymore.
    I won't be that disappointed if there is no DLC on the marketplace next week, however I do expect an acknowledgement on Harmonix's part that they are still paying attention to The Beatles: Rock Band.

They've got Rock Band 2 DLC coming out all the time, they're working on the Rock Band Network thing, Green Day Rock Band, and they're undoubtably working on the game after Green Day Rock band as well.

It's ridiculous how they're handling the Beatles DLC. It frustrates me to see them doing it like this because I know they're better than that. Some may say that the answer is obvious, that they can't forget about their main release last year, but as I've shown, they have plenty of work on their plate.

Even if they come out and say the next album will be released in 2011, I'd have more respect for them than I do now. I know I might be sounding like an impatient idiot, but as a HUGE supporter of ALL their products, I feel that it's the least they can do.
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Be optimistic people...
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    All of you saying there won't be any more DLC shame on you, always hope for more, and some of us STILL don't have "All you need is Love" it better be getting delayed this LONG for Magical Mystery Tour.
    edited January 2010
    Sneak728;3433048 said:

It's ridiculous how they're handling the Beatles DLC. It frustrates me to see them doing it like this because I know they're better than that.
    What's so ridiculous about how they're handling it? They've done nothing wrong yet that I've seen?
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I don't think we will be hearing anything tomorrow or in the near future. I think we will get more DLC eventually, but I think it will be a bit before we hear anything.
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Be patient, stick with the "3rd week of the month" thing for hoping, I'd say.
  • HylianBowcasterHylianBowcaster Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I'd like to think something would be announced, but I'm just soo skeptical of anything at this point.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited January 2010
    I think that we should all stop the polling threads and just wait and see.

Sound Reasonable?
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited January 2010
    No announcement.

If not, an announcement for no more DLC.
    edited January 2010
    MostSpartan14;3433062 said:
    What's so ridiculous about how they're handling it? They've done nothing wrong yet that I've seen?
    I meant that if it's not mentioned at all tomorrow in the GUARANTEED RB2 DLC announcement, then it will be a mistake. They've had no problem promising over 1000 RB2 songs by the end of last year, promising more Nirvana and Queen and what not. Tomorrow would be the last logical date to make some sort of announcement.

I recognize I'm sounding like an impatient and critical jerk, but that's not what I mean to give off. I expect the Beatles Rock Band to receive the same treatment as all their other products and tomorrow, not today, will be the day that I'm going to base a judgment off of.
    edited January 2010
    Sneak728;3433199 said:
    I meant that if it's not mentioned at all tomorrow in the GUARANTEED RB2 DLC announcement, then it will be a mistake. They've had no problem promising over 1000 RB2 songs by the end of last year, promising more Nirvana and Queen and what not. Tomorrow would be the last logical date to make some sort of announcement.

I recognize I'm sounding like an impatient and critical jerk, but that's not what I mean to give off. I expect the Beatles Rock Band to receive the same treatment as all their other products and tomorrow, not today, will be the day that I'm going to base a judgment off of.
    Okay I see what you mean. You have a good point there. They've announced Queen, Nirvana, and tons of other bands way before they were released. Why not do the same here? But I still wouldn't be angry (for that long:)) if we didn't get any more DLC. I understand that the Beatles situation is very different from most Rock Band artists they deal with and I'd be happy with the around 70 songs we already have.

And don't worry, you aren't coming off as a jerk.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited January 2010
    Ok, what I picture from our post Spartan:

"Ok so here we are. We are announcing more Beatles DLC!"

End announcement.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Can't wait for tomorrows big heap of disappointment. It will be deeply horrible.
  • TheCulpritTheCulprit Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Honestly, I didn't expect anything last week. This week seems more logical to me since all the other DLCs were announced around this time relative to the month - just because more than 4 weeks will have passed in between DLCs doesn't mean they're not still releasing on a schedule.

Keeping it around the third week of the month will prevent one batch of DLC being released the first week of a month and another batch being released the last week of the same month.

I'm hopeful (but not certain) for tomorrow, but if there is no announcement tomorrow then I will just relax and not worry anymore until something comes our way.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I expect an announcement. Whether that means there will be DLC next week or not for a little while longer, I dunno.

If there's no announcement, that's pretty crappy for us Beatles fans. Wish they'd AT LEAST give us a heads up and let us know what we can expect!
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I'm pretty sure there will be an announcement tomorrow.
  • Gigli78Gigli78 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I had assumed that there would be one album a month for 12 months straight. HMX seems to have a good management model so, to me, that would seem like the perfect schedule to keep the fans wanting more, without drowning them in DLC releases. But, my worst fear is that they go all "Sopranos" release style (i.e. making fans wait WAY too long for the next instalment), thereby causing interest to wane, sales to plummet, and the end of Beatles DLC as we know it. C'mon HMX - Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!!!!!!!
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Gigli78;3433465 said:
    I had assumed that there would be one album a month for 12 months straight.
    hah! It would be very unlikely for them to release 12 albums. :(
  • SpantasySpantasy Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Not I, said the duck...
  • Diego81Diego81 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I'm not expecting anything tomorrow, it takes time to do Beatles DLC, and they've barely had any time to actually analyze the sell of the albums especially Rubber Soul. However even if the albums have sold poorly I have a hard time believing they won't do at least one greatest hit pack, with Help!, All My Loving, Hey Jude. I'm pretty sure that would sell well even if the albums have not. Unless they're saving the most requested songs for a physical Track Pack. We just might have to wait a bit, although the more time passes, the more momentum is lost.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and they'll make "Let it Be" soon, it's not the album I want the most right now (I do want it though), but it might be cheaper and quickier to do.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    They are not going to make a track pack.
  • ZooropaZooropa Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Next week is the third Tuesday of the month... so, if the announcement doesn't come today, my guess is they're taking a break. (Although, taking a break sounds very unlike Harmonix...)
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I dont think they'll say anything this month. Honestly, i was hyped as hell, last week. This week, not so much. Im started to have the opinion, that i wont hope for anything, and just enjoy what i have bought.