Anybody getting....bored?

MurdocisGod1990MurdocisGod1990 Opening Act
edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I just got done playing the game after about an hour session, and um is anybody getting bored with the setlist. PLEASE don't get me wrong. I absolutely love every song in the game. Its just the need to get some new songs. I played the Sgt. Peppers Album then found myself flipping through the list of songs thinking "Wow, I've really played this game to death" lol anybody feel the same??

Comments

• MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Just put down the game for a while and play something else. Maybe come back to it when more DLC is released (if it's released soon). The longer you wait, the more fresh and awesome it will feel when you come back to it.
  • MurdocisGod1990MurdocisGod1990 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    lol I Voxtar EVERY TIME I PLAY its my fav. thing to do. 8)
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    MostSpartan14;3433147 said:
    Just put down the game for a while and play something else. Maybe come back to it when more DLC is released (if it's released soon). The longer you wait, the more fresh and awesome it will feel when you come back to it.
    Yes, exactly. I don't play it obsessively like I used to.
  • HylianBowcasterHylianBowcaster Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I know what you mean, I've played every song soo many times. Now I just try to find ways to make it more challenging, such as the guitar/bass and singing. I even tried drums and singing.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I can honestly say, "No." I play the game several times a week, anywhere from ten minutes to 2 hours per session, and it still makes me feel good every time. I love the music, and I love trying to get better at the game. The 3 DLC albums really boosted the setlist nicely.

I also play RB2. I enjoy a lot of the music in that game, but there are currently only about 20 or so songs that give me anywhere near the fun I have playing the Beatles. I've loved the Beatles' songs nearly all of my 50+ years life, listened to them hundreds of times, and the game's given me a whole new way to enjoy them: Even though I've listened to "Nowhere Man" for over 40 years, I never noticed how awesome the bass line was until I played it in the game.

More DLC would be great, and I'll buy everything available. In the meantime, though...this game's a dream come true for me.
  • TheCulpritTheCulprit Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    HylianBowcaster;3433177 said:
    Now I just try to find ways to make it more challenging, such as the guitar/bass and singing. I even tried drums and singing.
    Oh yeah. I started trying to find ways to make playing more fun a while back. Especially with "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" - during that long bit near the end, I've tried playing all the notes with one finger moving it up and down the frets rather than fingering ordinarily.

Another time I tried playing while standing on one foot and each measure, I would hop on the other foot.

It spiced things up a bit. Here's to hoping a new album is announced tomorrow!
    edited January 2010
    I actually own several real guitars and a really cool book with all the chords to all the original Beatles songs.

Also hoping =/= b-i-t-c-h-ing
  • BecknerBeckner Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    TheCulprit;3433231 said:
    Also hoping =/= b-i-t-c-h-ing

Welcome to Beatles fandom! I was complaining about the old CDs, and wanting Sgt Pepper in Mono, for like a decade, before Apple did a damn thing about it.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Nope, I play this game almost every day, and am totally obsessed with it. I'd wager I've already played it more than any other game I've ever played.

What I am getting bored of though is HMX's silence on the DLC issue. Hopefully tomorrow is the end of that.
    edited January 2010
    That's the difference between you and me. You complain, and I enjoy what there is and happily anticipate what may or may not be next.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    TheCulprit;3433248 said:
    That's the difference between you and me. You complain, and I enjoy what there is and happily anticipate what may or may not be next.
    lol.......well la-di-freakin'-da. I'm happy to know that you completely understand every fiber of me from message board posts.
    edited January 2010
    hey mva5580,

I'm sorry - I was actually responding to the guy above you. I think you and I posted at the same time, so I didn't see you message until mine was already posted. I prolly shoulda quoted.

But you're cool in my book.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited January 2010
    Can't say that I am bored. I love the game, gonna get more dlc tommorrow:D
  • Diego81Diego81 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I'm a bit bored but mosty cause I'm at a strange place where Medium is too easy, (it's my first Rock Band game cause it's The Beatles) I always get 5 stars and almost always get 100% of the notes and Hard is still too hard for me, and I keep screwing up and that's just not fun. The songs themselves haven't bored me although I'm dying for more DLC.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited January 2010
    Hell no, this game is awesome, i love playing the same band and songs over and over and over again, don't you?

Yeah it is boring, too bad they messed up and just didn't export this to rock band, would have got alot more replay then it does now.

Just my .03 cents worth, you asked.
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    ive still only got the on disc set list and can honestly say im not bored at all. but when it comes to games i wont stop until they are done. so until i can complete all songs on all instruments (not including vox) i wont leave it alone.

i wont be obsessive about GS all of them as i doubt that will ever happen, but until i goto quickplay and see all X's next to the scores i will keep only playing and enjoying.
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Diego81;3433317 said:
    I'm a bit bored but mosty cause I'm at a strange place where Medium is too easy, (it's my first Rock Band game cause it's The Beatles) I always get 5 stars and almost always get 100% of the notes and Hard is still too hard for me, and I keep screwing up and that's just not fun. The songs themselves haven't bored me although I'm dying for more DLC.
    go to quickplay and sort the songs by difficulty rather than playing story mode. i actually found hard mode easier than hard mode in other rythm games i have played.

Hint, when playing hard mode start with the index finger on red and move it up to green rather than starting on green and having to move the little finger down to orange.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Diego81;3433317 said:
    Follow Zobaru's advice, plus:

Best hint I ever got: Practice for hard buy playing medium without your pinky: Force that index finger to handle green and red. When you switch to hard, hitting orange with your pinky becomes a snap! Keep your middle finger on yellow as "home base." Also, play bass on hard. It's generally easier than guitar (not always) and McCartney's bass lines are a blast to play!
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    No, not bored. I still have the DLC to look forward to for one thing, since I as of today have none of it. I have worked up to expert bass and hard/expert guitar and I don't think I will really get tired of the game until I can gold star everything. Since I have gold starred nothing so far, I probably have a lot of enjoyment left in my future.
  • Gigli78Gigli78 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Ahh, you sissies - I still play it twenty-three hours a day, eight days a week! (You see what I did there?)
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I have also discovered I can now play expert bass/hard guitar on Rock Band itself, although it gets a little creaky with the really difficult material. My wrist and/or thumb really starts aching with some of the fast metal songs.
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I love this this game and haven't gotten bored of it at all in fact it's probably my favorite game ever.
  • IamtheEdmanIamtheEdman Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I'm not bored of Beatles Rockband yet, but finding it hard waiting on new DLC news! On the bright side I just bought Lego Rock Band, and downloaded the Paul McCartney track pack. It was a little disconcerting playing what looks like cover versions with a made up band, I like the way the Beatles Rock Band game is a much more pure experience. So yeah, while I am suffering my first distraction from Beatles Rock Band, I will always come back to it!
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    You know, I haven't played Beatles Rock Band at all this year...

(maybe the fact that I have been in Europe since January 1st has something to do with it...)
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I Love It not bored at all

But only Beatles' fans can truly keep playing and never get bored.
  • KanayeKanaye Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Not at all. I play it at least once a day everytime. I just can't get enough of playing drums - it's just so much fun! The most fun I've ever had in a videogame, matter of fact.
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    My fun has been renewed when I got my Limited Edition bundle! I've gotten gold stars on three songs already with playing drums! I'm so proud of myself.
    (I've gold starred every song in the game on vocals)
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    im a bit bored but i haven't handed out any money towards sgt. pepper or rubber soul even thought their my favorite albums
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    dabrry0523;3434301 said:
    im a bit bored but i haven't handed out any money towards sgt. pepper or rubber soul even thought their my favorite albums
    Maybe you should buy the albums, have fun and raise the chances for new albums. It depend on sales, and if people dont buy em', they can't exspect to see more DLC.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I was playing vocals from release date to Christmas Day.

Then I got the LE Bundle.

I don't think I'm going to stop playing for quite a while.