I need some help

jozbaldwinjozbaldwin Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hello everyone. I'm having a little problem creating the midi file for the stems in reaper, can someone please help me out here?

I imported all my song tracks into the rockband network template but I dont see any midi tracks in the template nor can I find how to add any, could someone please give me a hand.

I also suspect that maybe the template that is on the download page is incomplete, cause in the tools update topic mentions something about a gate in the FX of the kick and snare, but all I see is a compressor and a limiter.

If the template on the downloads page is not the right one, could someone please give me a link to the right one?, thanks in advance.

Comments

• ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Do you see tracks in there called "PART GUITAR", "PART BASS", etc?

If not, it may be that you used the RBN Template Blank one which IMO should not even be in there because of all the confusion.

You want the non-blank one, so make a new project with that one and bring in your audio files. All the midi tracks will be in there waiting for you if you use that one.
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Alright, Start up Reaper, then click File, Project Template, RBN Template. A couple tracks should pop up titled PART DRUMS, PART BASS, PART GUITAR ect... these are the different parts that need to be authored for your song, say you need to chart your guitar, double click the file on the grid, not the one that's highlighted in a color, it's just to the right of that.
  • jozbaldwinjozbaldwin Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Thanks a lot guys, I was in fact using the blank template and it drove me crazy for the last 48 hours, now I can have peace again and start to do the real work for the tracks.
  • GeneralGilliamGeneralGilliam Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    To tell the truth I don't even know what the blank template is meant for. I've completed a few songs, and I've still never had to use it.