Which DLC album is the best for drummers?

grim88grim88 Opening Act
edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I think the topic asks it all...

Comments

• SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Drums is Rubber Soul

Guitar is Abbey Road

Balance is Sgt.Pepper
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Rubber Soul and SPLHCB have good drums. What Goes On from RS is THE hardest song for drums. But most of the others are somewhat bland (except maybe Nowhere Man and You Won't See Me). SPLHCB has better drums IMO.
  • BigMonkEBigMonkE Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    abbey road is definitely for drums imo. oh! darling is very difficult on drums, but so fun.
  • stuartmcstuartstuartmcstuart Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I say Abbey Road. It's great fun on drums to go through the second half of the album!
  • GThrasher128GThrasher128 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Abbey Road is the most fun, Peppers is medium and Rubber Soul is the hardest, atleast thats my opinion.
    edited January 2010
    You will not wanna play, The Medley, Golden Slumbers Medley, Sun King, or Maxwell's Silver Hammer on drums, also Because has no drums.

It's not because these aren't fun, it's because they are either long/or slow.
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    Abbey Road fun:
    Oh! Darling
    YNGMYM
    PP/SCITTBW

SPLHCB fun:
    Fixing A-Hole ;)
    WYWY
    When I'm 64
    Lovely Rita
    ADITL

Rubber Soul fun:
    Nowhere Man
    You Won't See Me

I forget how fun Think For Yourself and The Word are. also, What Goes On isn't that fun. It's just hard.
    edited January 2010
    Rubber Soul :
    Nowhere Man
    You Won't See Me
    Think for Yourself
    The Word
    What Goes On (Is fun once you get good at it)
    Run For Your Life (Repetitive but fun)

SPLHCB:
    Within You Without You
    When I'm 64
    Lovely Rita
    A Day in the life
    Reprise

Abbey Road :
    You Never Give Me Your Money
    Polythene Pam/ She Came In Through the Bathroom Window
    Oh! Darling

I can gladly say this as the 32nd top career score drummer.
  • KennyWenny732KennyWenny732 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Sgt. Pepper's has some more interesting drum charts. Rubber Soul has some fun songs drum-wise, but they are more generic straight-foward pattern drumming. Sgt. Pepper is moer sporadic, creative fill based drumming. Songs like A Day in the Life and Within You Without You are loads of fun on drums.

Depends on what style you like more. I would stay away from Abbey Road drums, many of theme are rather slow, and one song has no drums period.

Guitar wise I think Sgt. Pepper easily wins however, very fun charts. Dreamscapes on Sgt. Pepper also kick ass.
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I don't see how people are saying rubber soul. I think most of the songs are boring in it.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Sgt. Peppers easily. Rubber Soul is boring on drums and Abbey Road is more balanced.
  • grim88grim88 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    The problem i have with a lot of beatles drum charts is that i'm not good on the patterns that are like this:

two notes - space - two notes - space repeat.

Or, more visually, like this:
    -
    -

--
    -

-
    -
  • pelemerenguepelemerengue Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    It's clearly going to come down to personal preference, but I think Rubber Soul has about eight or nine really solid drum songs (not including "What Goes On" which, like "I Feel Fine" and "I Wanna Be Your Man", is difficult to the point of ridiculousness) whereas Sgt. Pepper only has about four.

I will say, though, that out of the four good Sgt. Pepper DLC drum songs, two of them are both surprisingly great: "Within You Without You" and "When I'm Sixty-Four". The tabla chart in the former is amazing and the quiet percussion in the latter really caught me off guard. Rubber Soul is a more balanced "drummer" album overall, but these two Sgt. Pepper songs probably have better drum tracks than anything on Rubber Soul.

Aaaaand I have nothing to say about Abbey Road because I still haven't bought it.