songs

buffalopride11buffalopride11 Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Why are so many people complainig about TB:RB not being compatible with other RB games. The Beatles are to iconic to share the stage with anyone, and if Harmonix forces other bands into the game, it makes them no better than GH (IT's a shame what they did to Aerosmith, Matalica, and Van Halen)

Comments

• ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    "Helter Skelter" is too sacred a work of art to be tainted by the Rock Band 2 avatars. Sharky singing Roy Orbison's "In Dreams" is okay, though.

(I personally don't care, I just think that a lot of people's reasons come off sounding very elitist)
  • aspushkinaspushkin Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    aspushkin;3438879 said:
    Y'know, I just heard the Louvre decided that Leonardo was "too iconic" to share a museum with any other painters, so they're scrapping the rest of their connection.

Why don't we take your logic a step further: my favorite Beatles song is "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." It is such a great song that it is "too iconic" to share a game with other Beatles songs. So I think HMX should really release RB:WMGGW.
    I meant "the rest of their collection," of course.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Why the h*ll would you quote yourself and make a new post 4 hours later instead of editing?

But yeah, I do like how there are only Beatles songs on the game. I also like that you can't import/export.
    edited January 2010
    gamegyro56;3439186 said:
    Why the h*ll would you quote yourself and make a new post 4 hours later instead of editing?

But yeah, I do like how there are only Beatles songs on the game. I also like that you can't import/export.
    Why would I quote myself and make a new post four hours later? Because I went to four or five bars in between in that time and forgot about the "edit" button-- sorry.

And why the "h*ll" would you possibly "like that you can't import/export? How could this possibly add to your experience?
    edited January 2010
    Because I don't want the same thing that happened to Kurt Cobain to happen to the Beatles.
    edited January 2010
    Oh yes, what a blasphemy that was-- when evil, evil Activision allowed gamers to play a digitized version of St. Kurt to appear onscreen with a dancing skeleton-- truly, I almost had a stroke and died.

C'mon, get over yourself. The Beatles do not need to be protected. Does it deeply offend you every time a person performs a bad Beatles cover?
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    aspushkin;3439194 said:
    Oh yes, what a blasphemy that was-- when evil, evil Activision allowed gamers to play a digitized version of St. Kurt to appear onscreen with a dancing skeleton-- truly, I almost had a stroke and died.

C'mon, get over yourself. The Beatles do not need to be protected. Does it deeply offend you every time a person performs a bad Beatles cover?
    It went against Kurt's own wishes. But anyway, what we're trying to avoid is that horrible brain dissolving feeling of seeing John Lennon sing death metal.
    Or maybe you're just that sick and twisted that you would absolutely adore a scene like that.

The Beatles aren't sacred, but they are big icons of the music industry and smearing feces all over them by making the game exportable is not a good idea. And I'm sure HMX will get big mobs with torches and pitchforks after them if they'd ever allow an export of the Beatles game.

Okay, I'm done feeding the troll now.
    edited January 2010
    hannie3000;3439290 said:
    It went against Kurt's own wishes. But anyway, what we're trying to avoid is that horrible brain dissolving feeling of seeing John Lennon sing death metal.
    Or maybe you're just that sick and twisted that you would absolutely adore a scene like that.

The Beatles aren't sacred, but they are big icons of the music industry and smearing feces all over them by making the game exportable is not a good idea. And I'm sure HMX will get big mobs with torches and pitchforks after them if they'd ever allow an export of the Beatles game.

Okay, I'm done feeding the troll now.

"...that horrible brain dissolving feeling of seeing John Lennon sing death metal."

Keep in mind that most people were hoping for an export option that would allow us to bring songs from TBRB into RB2, not the other way around... so there would be no issue with the horrible, disgraceful, unimaginable spectacle of seeing a computerized John Lennon singing death metal.
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to bed, but I just wanted to note the absurdity of your claim that "export=smearing feces all over an artist." That is just ridiculous.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    "And now, playing a song made gamous by the best band of all time, The Beatles, it's...

SKELETON HEAVY METAL DEATH SQUAD!"

Only in Rock Band 2.
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    aspushkin;3439194 said:
    Yes, actually
    edited January 2010
    aspushkin;3439304 said:
    "...that horrible brain dissolving feeling of seeing John Lennon sing death metal."

Keep in mind that most people were hoping for an export option that would allow us to bring songs from TBRB into RB2, not the other way around... so there would be no issue with the horrible, disgraceful, unimaginable spectacle of seeing a computerized John Lennon singing death metal.
    Guess I did over think that one a bit when I thought that the Beatles themselves would be exportable as well.
    But anyway, I'd rather keep the songs where they belong.
    Seeing John sing death metal is just as bad as seeing a big virtual bearded guy wearing tight leather pants singing "Here Comes The Sun".

Now, if it was a real person doing that, I could choose not to see it. But if I just happened to be playing the game with someone and they happened to have a big bearded rocker dressed in tight leather pants... I don't think I'd ever recover.
    edited January 2010
    aspushkin;3439315 said:
    I'm going to bed, but I just wanted to note the absurdity of your claim that "export=smearing feces all over an artist." That is just ridiculous.
    I'm not saying it's a general fact. I'm just over protective when it comes to the Beatles music catalog.
  • buffalopride11buffalopride11 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    gamegyro56;3439192 said:
    Because I don't want the same thing that happened to Kurt Cobain to happen to the Beatles.
    Thats the point i'm trying to make..... the Beatles shouldn't play other peoples songs and avatars shouldn't play Beatles songs. Kurt Cobain has been tainted by GH, that shouldn't happen to the Beatles
    edited January 2010
    Thanks hannie for taking over from me. Feeding the troll got too hard, so I went to sleep.
    edited January 2010
    If you want import and export you should wait for Guitar Hero: The Beatles.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    It comes out on 10/10/10!

I can hardly wait!

I wonder if you'll be able to play Beatles songs on Green Day: Rock Band...
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    From Wikipedia:
    "Sour grapes is an expression originating from the Aesop Fable The Fox and the Grapes. It always refers to an unattainable goal and human reaction to it. It can mean to deny desire for the unattainable item. More often, it refers to the nature of humans to rationalize why they wouldn't want it anyway."
  • mysfarbrormysfarbror Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    gamegyro56;3439192 said:
    why is everyone so fussy about cobain, what about johnny cash, he powns cobains lil butt on a daily basis
  • CyanFunkCyanFunk Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Technical reasons in addition to the ones already stated. Specific animations, things done during dreamscapes, vocal harmonies, stuff like that.
    buffalopride11;3439558 said:
    Kurt Cobain has been tainted by GH, that shouldn't happen to the Beatles
    What about Johnny Cash?
    mysfarbror;3440588 said:
    why is everyone so fussy about cobain, what about johnny cash, he powns cobains lil butt on a daily basis
    Because John's estate probably either knew what the contract said or thought he wouldn't mind and thus didn't bring in a lawsuit.
  • TheObscureTheObscure Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Shot through the heaaaaaaaaaaaart
  • IsawPaulIsawPaul Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    aspushkin;3439194 said:

So Deeply it Bleeds
  • CyanFunkCyanFunk Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    theobscure;3441102 said:
    shot through the heaaaaaaaaaaaart
    YEAH BOOOOOOYYYYYY...

capslock
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    hannie3000;3439437 said:
    But anyway, I'd rather keep the songs where they belong.
    Seeing John sing death metal is just as bad as seeing a big virtual bearded guy wearing tight leather pants singing "Here Comes The Sun".
    Is it any worse than "In Dreams," "The Sounds of Silence," or "Tangled Up in Blue"?
  • TheObscureTheObscure Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Cliphead;3441274 said:
    Is it any worse than "In Dreams," but better than "The Sounds of Silence," or "Tangled Up in Blue"?
    fix'd
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    if you actually put any logical thought into the complexities of the rights to the beatles likeness and music, it is obvious that the reason it was done is because the "shareholders" as they are called, would have refused the beatles music to be played on screen by anything other than animated beatles avatars.
  • TheChanglingTheChangling Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    aspushkin;3438879 said:
    my favorite Beatles song is "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." It is such a great song that it is "too iconic" to share a game with other Beatles songs. So I think HMX should really release RB:WMGGW.
    hell yeah!
  • ElvishSpiritElvishSpirit Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    To the OP, why would you want other peoples opinion about this if you are only going to argue with them?

Green Day: Rock Band is going to be exportable...so they are "jumping" on the Guitar Hero bandwagon. But its purely buisness, imo.
  • reycrireycri Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    buffalopride11;3438796 said:
    Why are so many people complainig about TB:RB not being compatible with other RB games. The Beatles are to iconic to share the stage with anyone, and if Harmonix forces other bands into the game, it makes them no better than GH (IT's a shame what they did to Aerosmith, Matalica, and Van Halen)
    - I don't want to have to swap discs.
    - I want to be able to create playlists of songs from every source.
    - I want all songs from the "song library" on my hard drive to be available for random online play in ranked matches.