TB:RB Drums Question

FabOne76FabOne76 Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
OK, I've been getting better (all the time) at drums on Expert, racking in a handful of 100%'s with gold stars to boot, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to play the 32nd note patterns in some of the songs (looks like it would be a standard drum roll) for example, in BFTBOMK in between verses, with the short drum roll. Is anyone else (that is a drum GOD on this game) having this trouble, and do you have any tips on how to nail those patterns?

Thanks...

Comments

• BubbleBobbleBubbleBobble Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I'd just like to interject that it doesn't make you a drum god if you're good at a video game
  • FabOne76FabOne76 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    i said "on this game" - not on actual drums. Thanks for being annoying and not answering my question.
  • JR48fanJR48fan Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Try double bouncing your hands quickly, like RRLLRRLLRRLLRRLL, etc.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    These are also hard for me. But I have to problem on real drums. The same with fast bass hits like in Revolution, and fast hi hat hits like in What Goes On.

I would suggest try rolling like how the above poster put it, and keep practicing.
  • Dark_Angel_99Dark_Angel_99 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    My 2 cents: Everyone will hit at some point a pattern they have trouble with. Solution is simple: go into practise mode and play that pattern at a speed you can get through it. Slowly increase the speed as you get used to it. Eventually you will be able to do it at full speed. :p

The reason you may not get through it might be related to your technique. Read on about how to play drums (real ones) and follow the proper technique for holding sticks, etc.

Bottom line: discipline, practise and hard work

Cheers!

---
    Expert Drums
    My RB2/TBRB DLC and Scores: goRockBand.com/member/darkangel
    You can find me on the chat: gorockband.com/chat
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Dark_Angel_99;3442750 said:
    go into practise mode and play that pattern at a speed you can get through it. Slowly increase the speed as you get used to it. Eventually you will be able to do it at full speed.
    :(:(:( You can't do that on Wii.
  • Dark_Angel_99Dark_Angel_99 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    gamegyro56;3442769 said:
    :(:(:( You can't do that on Wii.
    Really? That sucks. Why would it not be available on the Wii?

In that case you will have to simply replay the song as often as you can or just keep playing songs that have the same pattern(s).

Make sure you identify the culprit. Why are you having problems with that pattern? Weak left hand (or right if left handed)? Weak leg for bass? No endurance? Too tense? Not enough speed?

Most of these practise will improve tremendously. Unfortunately not too much you can do with speed and left hand syndrome. They can be improved but not as much as the others. But as you improve muscle memory for some of those patterns, you'll seem quicker (more speed) because your muscles know the pattern and don't waste time if you will.

As HMX mentioned, not everyone will eventually be able to play on expert. The same can be said that not everyone that does get to expert will be able to get trough all of the expert songs without encountering impossible (or extremely hard) patterns.

I also am stuck on some of them. I recently managed to get through Everlong (arm endurance) and Painkiller (leg endurance) on expert.
    It took a long time before I got there. There are some songs I still can't get through like Visions. :p

Bottom line: play, play and play some more is all you need to improve over time :p

Cheers!

---
    Expert Drums
    My RB2/TBRB DLC and Scores: goRockBand.com/member/darkangel
    You can find me on the chat: gorockband.com/chat
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    My biggest problem on drums is Get Back. I have no trouble with the "middle" part, but those red triples kick my butt. Sometimes I can get my multiplier up, but then I screw up again and miss everything.
    I think it's my left hand. It hates me.

But yeah, just keep practicing like others said.
  • FabOne76FabOne76 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Thanks a lot for everyone's suggestions! I'm sure it will help immensely.