I think im a The Beatles:Rock Band nerd because...

CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So, i just beat The Beatles: Rock Band on PS3. And i've beaten it on the 360 + gained all achievements, and beat it on Wii, + bought all DLC to all 3 systems.

Why? Because i love The Beatles, and i love the game, and i wish to support HMX.

So tell me, what makes you think you are a The Beatles: Rock Band nerd/freak?

Comments

  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited January 2010
    I think the 'i' and 'i've' in the OP should be capitalized.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    BubbleBobble;3442457 said:
    why would you have it for all three systems?
    Why not?
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited January 2010
    ...........I am fuselage321.

    Enough said.
  • D-Smoov45D-Smoov45 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Awesome, man...well done. I only have the 360 and had absolutely NO source of income but still managed to get all 3 DLC albums the day they came out...I'm not even subscribed to X-Box Live...I had to start a new 30-Day trial everytime. I've played the game every day since it came out.
  • D-Smoov45D-Smoov45 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    fuselage321;3442490 said:
    ...........I am fuselage321.

    Enough said.
    You're quite full of yourself, aren't you?
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    D-Smoov45;3442496 said:
    Awesome, man...well done. I only have the 360 and had absolutely NO source of income but still managed to get all 3 DLC albums the day they came out...I'm not even subscribed to X-Box Live...I had to start a new 30-Day trial everytime. I've played the game every day since it came out.
    Yeah, i've pretty much also played it every single day since it came out.

    Up on 108 days played since it came; http://360voice.gamerdna.com/blog-games.asp?tag=CaptainKicker

    Jeez, im a bigger TB:RB nerd than i thought :rolleyes:
  • DakeebDakeeb Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    CaptainKicker;3442485 said:
    Why not?
    Because you're buying one game for the price of three. Because you would need an entire room just to hold the three sets of instruments. Because your friends would be asking you why and your only response would be "Why not?", a very unsatisfactory answer indeed. Because nothing about it makes sense.

    The real question, that I still want to know the answer to, is why?
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited January 2010
    D-Smoov45;3442499 said:
    You're quite full of yourself, aren't you?

    Its a long story.
  • Gigli78Gigli78 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I'm a TB:RB nerd because I bloody well said so... and I sold my body over-and-over again to have enough to purchase it. At 25 cents-a-pop, that's a lot of "selling my body."*


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Please note that the above statement was made for the entertainment of purveyors of this forum. Neither I, nor any of my relatives, advocate prostitution (or selling one's organs on the black market) as a legal or valid form of income generation. Offer void in Utah.
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I bought the Limited Edition with my birthday money; I'm a poor student with hardly any income, yet I bought the full albums on their day of release and TB:RB has barely left the CD tray on my Xbox 360.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I'm a Beatles: Rock Band nerd because I bought it the day it came out and have bought all the DLC... You don't need to buy it for all consoles, that just makes you look pathetic.
  • TerryMTerryM Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Captain Nerd,

    Allow me to divert some of the heat you are taking for owning TB:RB on three platforms - although I should leave you to shrivel, since you said you thought I was stupid for buying DLC and not playing it. :)

    My son has a Wii, and last year I purchased GH:WT for the Wii for Christmas so that my son, brothers, nephews, and I could play the game over the holidays. My son also received GH III for Wii last Christmas so we would have enough guitars to play as a band.

    I purchased TB:RB for Wii for myself on 09/09/09. My plan was to play the game solo and with my son and others, using the GH instruments.

    Two days later, I filed for divorce. It was not related to the release of The Beatles: Rock Band. :)

    My son goes back and forth between me and his mother as far as living arrangements go. For about two weeks the Wii was in my house, but my son decided he wanted to take it to his mother's place so he had something to do while he was there.

    I really wanted to be able to play TB:RB, so I needed a system of my own. The cheapest thing to do would have been for me to buy a Wii. However, I wanted to be able to enjoy this game to the fullest - best graphics, best sound - so I decided to buy a PS3. That meant I would need new instruments as well, so I decided to go for the Limited Edition bundle.

    Financially responsible? No. I normally am, but this was The Beatles we were talking about, and I knew from the few times I got to play the game on the Wii that it would be worth it, so I went for it right before Thanksgiving.

    As I mentioned in another thread (where The Captain slammed me), I purchased Abbey Road and Pepper DLC as soon as I hooked up the PS3, and bought Rubber Soul on the release date in December. I play the game often, and it always brings a smile to my face.

    So, I don't know if I am a lesser or greater Beatles Rock Band nerd than The Captain, but I guess I have to admit I am somewhere in the neighborhood. :)
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    TerryM;3442619 said:
    Captain Nerd,

    Allow me to divert some of the heat you are taking for owning TB:RB on three platforms - although I should leave you to shrivel, since you said you thought I was stupid for buying DLC and not playing it. :)

    My son has a Wii, and last year I purchased GH:WT for the Wii for Christmas so that my son, brothers, nephews, and I could play the game over the holidays. My son also received GH III for Wii last Christmas so we would have enough guitars to play as a band.

    I purchased TB:RB for Wii for myself on 09/09/09. My plan was to play the game solo and with my son and others, using the GH instruments.

    Two days later, I filed for divorce. It was not related to the release of The Beatles: Rock Band. :)

    My son goes back and forth between me and his mother as far as living arrangements go. For about two weeks the Wii was in my house, but my son decided he wanted to take it to his mother's place so he had something to do while he was there.

    I really wanted to be able to play TB:RB, so I needed a system of my own. The cheapest thing to do would have been for me to buy a Wii. However, I wanted to be able to enjoy this game to the fullest - best graphics, best sound - so I decided to buy a PS3. That meant I would need new instruments as well, so I decided to go for the Limited Edition bundle.

    Financially responsible? No. I normally am, but this was The Beatles we were talking about, and I knew from the few times I got to play the game on the Wii that it would be worth it, so I went for it right before Thanksgiving.

    As I mentioned in another thread (where The Captain slammed me), I purchased Abbey Road and Pepper DLC as soon as I hooked up the PS3, and bought Rubber Soul on the release date in December. I play the game often, and it always brings a smile to my face.

    So, I don't know if I am a lesser or greater Beatles Rock Band nerd than The Captain, but I guess I have to admit I am somewhere in the neighborhood. :)
    Yes, but you have an excuse, and I would probably do the same in your situation, that is if I was an adult with a salary.
  • rad5brandonrad5brandon Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Don't listen to them, anybody that buys 3 copies of a game WITH peripherals AND DLC is a hero in my book. Rock on.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Dakeeb;3442524 said:
    Because you're buying one game for the price of three. Because you would need an entire room just to hold the three sets of instruments. Because your friends would be asking you why and your only response would be "Why not?", a very unsatisfactory answer indeed. Because nothing about it makes sense.

    The real question, that I still want to know the answer to, is why?
    Oh geez, read the first post.

    Because im the kind of guy, that support the stuff i like. I like The Beatles and i like Rock Band, and i like HMX. I support them, on every platform. The instruments are in my basement, and does'nt bother anyone. The 360 instruments is standing in my gameroom, because i use them the most, but i wanted to support the sales on all consoles.

    I admit, i buy to much Beatles stuff, but its a nice add to my videogame and The Beatles collection, to own all 3 games.

    I am certantly not a bigger Beatles fan than any of you.


    @TerryM

    Hey, i was not bashing you. Not at all. Im not a bigger or lesser beatles fan , than you :D
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Gigli78;3442556 said:
    I'm a TB:RB nerd because I bloody well said so... and I sold my body over-and-over again to have enough to purchase it. At 25 cents-a-pop, that's a lot of "selling my body."*


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Please note that the above statement was made for the entertainment of purveyors of this forum. Neither I, nor any of my relatives, advocate prostitution (or selling one's organs on the black market) as a legal or valid form of income generation. Offer void in Utah.
    way to ruin the joke :) At least make it hidden text
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    fuselage321;3442540 said:
    Its a long story.
    Go on...
  • sandswipesandswipe Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    D-Smoov45;3442496 said:
    Awesome, man...well done. I only have the 360 and had absolutely NO source of income but still managed to get all 3 DLC albums the day they came out...I'm not even subscribed to X-Box Live...I had to start a new 30-Day trial everytime. I've played the game every day since it came out.
    No you didn't.

    If you don't pay microsoft, you get a indefinite free version of xbox live which allows you to go to the marketplace and download rock band songs and albums, but you can't play them online. I didn't have the pay version of live when I bought the albums.
  • AndywinXpAndywinXp Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Spantasy;3442453 said:
    I think you're financially irresponsible.
    This :)
  • KennyWenny732KennyWenny732 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Jesus christ. I mean, that's cool and all, you like the Beatles and the game and everything, but do you have any value in money? I highly suggest you go learn the value of money, or at least waste it on a better cause, like charity. Buying the same game, DLC and instruments and all, for 3 systems? Are you out of your mind? God knows how much money you spent on all of that.

    It's not like you're really supporting HMX much by getting an extra 2 sets of the game. Think about people who can't even afford to live day by day, and then you, wasting hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a single video game. It seems to me like you're quite the spoiled kid who needs to be taught the value of money.

    I hate to sound cruel and bring a sense of morality into this, but it's deeds like this that just seem so foolish I can't possibly comprehend what is going through your mind.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    If I supported it that much, I would probably give it as a gift to people who would not have gotten it otherwise, and spread the Beatles love.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited January 2010
    gamegyro56;3442755 said:
    Go on...

    Uhhhh, you know what I mean.....

    *cough*

    The Continuing Story of ****?

    Remember that????

    Again, enough said.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Oh yeah. Good times. Good times.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited January 2010
    That was great fun, bt I do understand why it got closed.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    you are never on aim fuselage. We miss you. We had a fun chat yesterday. All our troubles seemed so far away...
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited January 2010
    Ok, I am going on aim now. Talk to me now, see if I answer, im not sure If i have you right in mine.
  • blmeanieblmeanie Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    KennyWenny732;3443252 said:
    I highly suggest you go learn the value of money, or at least waste it on a better cause, like charity. Buying the same game, DLC and instruments and all, for 3 systems? Are you out of your mind? God knows how much money you spent on all of that.

    Think about people who can't even afford to live day by day, and then you, wasting hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a single video game. It seems to me like you're quite the spoiled kid who needs to be taught the value of money.

    I hate to sound cruel and bring a sense of morality into this, but it's deeds like this that just seem so foolish I can't possibly comprehend what is going through your mind.
    interesting take, not everybody here is in tough financial situations, not everybody here is a student. Assuming he already had the consoles the cost of the games could be as little as the $60 or so for the disk on at least one of the consoles assuming he already had instruments that would work for it.

    Let's say he spent $500-$600, so what, it's his money what should you care and why should you proclaim he's crazy and irresponsible?

    Compare the $ spent per hour of enjoyment, find me something that will match it for most on these forums.
  • KennyWenny732KennyWenny732 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    True, it is his money and I'm no judge as to what he should spend it on. My point still stands though that I think there are better ways for him to spend his money for his enjoyment, for other people's benefit, and for the sake of supporting Harmonix. Buying 3 versions of the same game didn't give him much added entertainment, it didn't bring a lot of support for Harmonix, and it did nothing for others who may want the game but can't afford it.

    The way I interpreted it, he has all of the instruments for all of the systems. Now, that could be anywhere from $750, if he bought all limited editoins, or a couple hundred dollars. Then he bought 3 of the game, for around a couple hundred dollars. DLC for all 3 games cost yet another couple hundred. Maybe he bought another console just to play the game, yet another couple hundred. Finally, who knows if he bought those limited edition guitars, which could add another $600 to the cost.

    My point still stands. I think it was entirely unnecessary and he could've enjoyed the game for just as long on one system. Plus, judging by that profile pic of his (asuuming, of course, that that is him) he looks like a kid still living with his parents.
Sign In or Register to comment.