Error message on RBN!

ghslashghslash Unsigned
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Help. I'm trying to make a song for RBN and this is what comes up in magma when i press build.

Build started at 2:20 PM.
Reading the archive
Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Documents and Settings\chris\My Documents\hh.rbproj'...
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 6...
Metadata Compiler: Starting...
Metadata Compiler: Done.
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 6...
MIDI Compiler: Starting...
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/chris/my documents/downloads/notes.mid: Track PART GUITAR COOP not allowed
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/chris/my documents/downloads/notes.mid: Track PART RHYTHM not allowed
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/chris/my documents/downloads/notes.mid: Track TRIGGERS not allowed
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/chris/my documents/downloads/notes.mid: Track BEAT required but not found
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/chris/my documents/downloads/notes.mid: Halting compilation due to missing and/or extraneous MIDI tracks
MIDI Compiler: Done.
ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
Build ended at 2:20 PM.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    ghslash;3442523 said:
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/chris/my documents/downloads/notes.mid: Track PART GUITAR COOP not allowed
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/chris/my documents/downloads/notes.mid: Track PART RHYTHM not allowed
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/chris/my documents/downloads/notes.mid: Track TRIGGERS not allowed
    The only instrument track names you're supposed to have are PART GUITAR, PART DRUMS, PART BASS and PART VOCALS. Other track names aren't allowed. If you are trying to create a song that has "lead" and "rhythm" guitar parts, the game does not support that. Not sure what "triggers" is but it sounds like something that would be included in the drum part?
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/chris/my documents/downloads/notes.mid: Track BEAT required but not found
    ERROR: MIDI Compiler: c:/documents and settings/chris/my documents/downloads/notes.mid: Halting compilation due to missing and/or extraneous MIDI tracks
    You need a BEAT track in order to compile a song. The BEAT track controls the speed of the animations and the speed at which Overdrive drains.
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    trg007;3442554 said:

You need a BEAT track in order to compile a song. The BEAT track controls the speed of the animations and the speed at which Overdrive drains.
    How do you get a BEAT track? Cause I inserted my midi, and it wasn't there.
  • thefncrowthefncrow Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Sounds like you're trying to load a GH2 custom file.

PART GUITAR COOP was used to designate the lead guitar part in co-op for GH2 for charts where the solo chart integrated the rhythm parts in places. Similar for PART RHYTHM (rhythm guitar part in GH2), and TRIGGERS I believe was used for controlling lighting and animation cues.

Though I'm not sure why you'd be trying that.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    He's using Feedback to chart songs, A guitar hero custom chart maker ... That is his problem.
  • Podruvan360Podruvan360 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Judging from the name "notes.mid" I'd say it's a Frets on Fire song, which is formatted like a GH2 song.
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Nvm, I'm a gigantic idiot...