WaveGroup announces many awesome artists (including Steve Vai and Widespread Panic)

jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'm super excited to post this to the forums, especially since it includes some awesome bands from the jamband arena (WSP, Galactic, Gov't Mule, Assembly of Dust!). Anyhow, here is the full list and hopefully a sign of great things to come for RBN.

We're partnering with tons of great artists including Grammy Award winner Steve Vai, and bringing more music to Rock Band! Here's what Steve has to say:

"WaveGroup is the premiere production team for interactive music videogames and I was thrilled to partner with them on my songs," said guitar icon Steve Vai. "Now I can jam with people in the comfort of their own plastic!"

Break out your Rock Band gear, time to jam...

Here's a list of the artists we are currently working with:

Steve Vai
Widespread Panic
Gov't Mule
Reverend Horton Heat
Stroke 9
Slightly Stoopid
Galactic
Rebelution
Bif Naked
Assembly of Dust
Nick Gallant
Kid Beyond
RX Bandits
Jet Black Kiss
Doug Doppler
Austin Willacy
The Humans
Rain Dogs

Many more to be announced soon!

We'll be releasing songs by these artist through the Rock Band Network, currently in open beta. We'll keep you updated on the launch date.

Comments

• Chuck_FiascoChuck_Fiasco Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Awesome list. We still need more Phish though...
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Psychobilly Freakout pl0x.
  • HauntingYourKidsHauntingYourKids Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Thom1234;3445881 said:
    Psychobilly Freakout pl0x.
    I think the words you're looking for are "Sue Jack Daniels." Look it up on Playlist.

And judging by Stroke 9's selections from WaveGroup's creator profile, I do wanna kick some ass.
  • jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Chuck_Fiasco;3445857 said:
    Awesome list. We still need more Phish though...
    Tell me about it!

I stand by the fact though, that Rock Band Network will ultimately be a great friend to obsessive fans everywhere who want to see a large volume of songs from their favorite bands. For Chuck and I? That band is Phish.

The Network isn't even out yet and bands like The Shins, Widespread Panic and Galactic have already been confirmed. Once the tracks are actually available and bands realize how easily they can have others author their tracks and collect the profits for little work, the musical floodgates will open.

Not only that, but any extraneous tracks that Harmonix themselves secured the rights for, can now be re-distributed into the Network. Meaning that when they got the rights to "Wilson" maybe they also grabbed other masters from the recordings of "A Live One" (like Guitar Hero did). With the rights already secured, why not take the time to chart "Stash", "Lizards" "Weekapuag" "Disease" and "Slave" as well? Hell, why not just let that crazy phishhead author who won't stop rambling about Phish: Rock Band just author full shows on his downtime and make them available for phans like Chuck and I that would readily buy 100+ songs without hesitation.

It is just a matter of time before my Rock Band playlist begins to more closely mirror my iTunes playlist and I can actually play songs I love as opposed to songs I've learned to love.

I for one, can't wait!
    edited January 2010
    I just hope they can figure out a way around that 10 minute max thing. Just imagine playing a 16 minute Harry Hood!!!
    edited January 2010
    Chuck_Fiasco;3445941 said:
    I just hope they can figure out a way around that 10 minute max thing. Just imagine playing a 16 minute Harry Hood!!!
    To not turn this into a Phish thread, let's just say that I'd feel good about my favorite song of all-time being included ;)

Anyhow, Galactic and Assembly of Dust, huh? That's awesome.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    Outstanding!

Panic, Govt Mule, Steve Vai, Bif Naked, Slightly Stoopid, Rev Heat....

I am teh excite! :)
    edited January 2010
    jr174200;3445950 said:
    To not turn this into a Phish thread, let's just say that I'd feel good about my favorite song of all-time being included ;)

Anyhow, Galactic and Assembly of Dust, huh? That's awesome.
    You can feel good, I can feel good, good about.....;)

F%#k 'em. Phish inspired all of those bands on that list. More Phish please...
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Can't wait for the Vai, Mule, Assembley of Dust, Galactic, and WSP!
  • b70x7nb70x7n Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    RX Bandits and Steve Vai? Nice!
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited January 2010
    Posted this announcement in Prospective Songs thread yesterday, but glad someone created a thread because it's such an awesome announcement.

Initially excited for:
    Reverend Horton Heat - sweet, finally some rockabiliy/pshycobily
    Stroke 9 - "Kick Some Ass" will immediately become a top 10 party song
    Slightly Stoopid - sweet, finally some more ska type music
    Bif Naked - i can remember liking a song by her, but can't remember name
    RX Bandits - so pumped for this. been listening to them for over 10 years now

Starting to listen to the other bands and the first one i tried is amazing: Galactic. Finally some more Funk!
    edited January 2010
    Jam bands never get the respect they deserve.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited January 2010
    cool, i like widespread panic.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Casto21;3446063 said:
    Posted this announcement in Prospective Songs thread yesterday, but glad someone created a thread because it's such an awesome announcement.

Initially excited for:
    Reverend Horton Heat - sweet, finally some rockabiliy/pshycobily
    Stroke 9 - "Kick Some Ass" will immediately become a top 10 party song
    Slightly Stoopid - sweet, finally some more ska type music
    Bif Naked - i can remember liking a song by her, but can't remember name
    RX Bandits - so pumped for this. been listening to them for over 10 years now

Starting to listen to the other bands and the first one i tried is amazing: Galactic. Finally some more Funk!
    I love Myself Today is probably the Bif Naked song you like.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    WOW, Steve Vai, YEAH!!!!!
    i just hope its more than 1-2songs from him, like 6 at least :)
    and also RHH:D

other than that i dont know the other bands, but i'm sure i'll be hapilly surprised.
    edited January 2010
    Catch-22;3446081 said:
    I love Myself Today is probably the Bif Naked song you like.
    That's not it, but it's a decent song.

It was one of her earlier songs, i think it might have been "Moment of Weakness" as its the only one i can find that i recognize.
    edited January 2010
    solidsnakejt;3446089 said:
    WOW, Steve Vai, YEAH!!!!!
    i just hope its more than 1-2songs from him, like 6 at least :)
    and also RHH:D

other than that i dont know the other bands, but i'm sure i'll be hapilly surprised.
    Won't mention names of the songs since they are in playtest, but there are already 3 Steve Vai songs up.
    edited January 2010
    Casto21;3446121 said:
    Won't mention names of the songs since they are in playtest, but there are already 3 Steve Vai songs up.
    I don't know much about the way things work but I'm assuming that all songs that are currently in "playtest" aren't allowed to be discussed here? If not, could you at least let me know which album(s) the RX Bandits song(s) are on? :)
    edited January 2010
    b70x7n;3446128 said:
    I don't know much about the way things work but I'm assuming that all songs that are currently in "playtest" aren't allowed to be discussed here? If not, could you at least let me know which album(s) the RX Bandits song(s) are on? :)
    The way I approach it is not to discuss specific songs (or bands) unless it has passed peer review. Unless of course it has been announced by the authors already.

Of all the artists Wavegroup announced, not all have songs up yet. Of the 18 they announced, 2 have songs that have passed peer review (The Humans, Nick Gallant) and 2 have songs that just recently popped up in playtest.
    edited January 2010
    Casto21;3446149 said:
    The way I approach it is not to discuss specific songs (or bands) unless it has passed peer review. Unless of course it has been announced by the authors already.

Of all the artists Wavegroup announced, not all have songs up yet. Of the 18 they announced, 2 have songs that have passed peer review (The Humans, Nick Gallant) and 2 have songs that just recently popped up in playtest.
    Thanks for the info.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I'll definitely download those Steve Vai songs and Kick Some Ass :D
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Casto21;3446121 said:
    great to know, we get at least 3 :)
    i've been hoping for years to get The Vai:D
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    b70x7n;3446128 said:
    Technically, we've been told that once a song is in playtest, we're allowed to publicly discuss it. But it's generally considered uncouth to reveal the existence of a song in RBN before either the band themselves or the authoring company has a chance to announce it first.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    David is right...again :)
    edited January 2010
    davidshek;3446237 said:
    Technically, we've been told that once a song is in playtest, we're allowed to publicly discuss it. But it's generally considered uncouth to reveal the existence of a song in RBN before either the band themselves or the authoring company has a chance to announce it first.
    That's cool. I didn't know we were technically allowed to discuss songs that had been uploaded to playtest. While I would never steal an artist's or author's thunder by talking about an unannounced artist, I think i might be ok with discussing songs of an already announced artist. To me if it can generate more buzz, anticipation, excitement,.. for RBN then great. Thoughts?
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited January 2010
    BIF NAKED

that is all
  • AnotherChrisAnotherChris Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    kiggidykev;3446320 said:
    BIF NAKED

that is all
    This.

I was already giddy with excitement over RBN, but this announcement is like icing on the cake.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Bif Naked was in SSX, I think it was SSX Tricky, she voiced Zoe. I still remember her in one of the extra videos... "SSX? SEX." Smoking hot.

I don't think she had a song in the game, though :confused:.
    edited January 2010
    Chuck_Fiasco;3445977 said:
    You can feel good, I can feel good, good about.....;)

F%#k 'em. Phish inspired all of those bands on that list. More Phish please...
    Good point. I'm starting to think we should storm the HMX offices together - I'll play good cop and you'll play GIVE US SOME PHISH!!!
  • bisqbisq Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I'd like to offer my support for more phish also...and as much as I love wsp, galactic, gov't mule, and aod, I'm NOT buying an xbox just to play them so pretty please person in charge of such things, make them available on ps3!! :)