The Rock Band Network open for buisness! (mostly)

moracnoymoracnoy Opening Act
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hey everybody! I hope this isn't premature, but the RBN website is now up and running! The forums are now open for everyone, you can link your account to an RBN account, and some pages that were closed to the public, such as the "Offensive Content" page are now open!

Also you can look at all the song creators and what they're working on.

Last time I checked, you still can't buy any songs yet, but hopefully this will be remedied soon. :)

On behalf of I'm sure everyone on the forum, Thank you Harmonix, and I hope the RBN is a great success!

Comments

• Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, if you live in America though. We (Non-Americans) can't access the forums.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2010
    That's an XNA thing not a HMX thing.
  • Chuck_FiascoChuck_Fiasco Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    noble;3445938 said:
    This. It's useless without a XNA membership.
    edited January 2010
    noble;3445938 said:
    Didn't mean to badmouth either sides if it came off that way.
  • jimburyjimbury Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    bah, signed up for xna before i realised rbn is currently only open to us residents
  • DrRock69DrRock69 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    us canadians always getting the shaft
  • YoshipupdudeYoshipupdude Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    so i got an update for lego rock band but not for rock band 2. any body know whats up. and also i dont think that you are able to purchase songs yet, we just entered the open beta, that doesnt mean the rbn store is open yet.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Open for business, except for the most important part.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Being Canadian I still don't have access to even the forums at the creators site, so I can't see what's being worked on or anything like that. Oh well.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    its an US thing only? crap..
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited January 2010
    Awesome_Tree;3445927 said:
    Yeah, if you live in America though. We (Non-Americans) can't access the forums.
    Yes, we can, because i just got my account linked and going.
    edited January 2010
    Al_Dags;3446076 said:
    May I ask how?

A terrible person would tell you to put in a fake US address, but I'm not such a person.
    edited January 2010
    noble;3446447 said:
    A terrible person would tell you to put in a fake US address, but I'm not such a person.

but they register the user ip?, could we use proxys? idk
    edited January 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3446460 said:
    but they register the user ip?, could we use proxys? idk

Hell I have no idea.

I'm bad at crime:D
    edited January 2010
    its all very well using fake info but when the store officially opens you'll be stuck with a fake account, is it worth the risk of getting banned or having to continue with the fake account attached to your tag and xna in perpetuity just to get a sneak peek a month or whatever early?
  • goofyyellowmangoofyyellowman Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Maybe they should work on getting it onto PS3 instead of just worrying about the XBOX users all the time (and yes they can work with Sony, but sadly they aren't fighting hard enough!)
    edited January 2010
    jimbury;3446504 said:
    its all very well using fake info but when the store officially opens you'll be stuck with a fake account, is it worth the risk of getting banned or having to continue with the fake account attached to your tag and xna in perpetuity just to get a sneak peek a month or whatever early?
    how can an account be fake? why should that account be banned?
    goofyyellowman;3447268 said:
    Maybe they should work on getting it onto PS3 instead of just worrying about the XBOX users all the time (and yes they can work with Sony, but sadly they aren't fighting hard enough!)
    the ps3 doesnt allow that type of programs (from what ive heard) on the psn, so, blame sony, not hmx.
    edited January 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3447306 said:
    how can an account be fake? why should that account be banned?

if you're using false information to open an account then its fake by definition.
  • esquehillesquehill Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    The RBN thing seems so limited. It's only for xbox.
    Not in Europe. Great. Since I don't have one, and never
    will, all this hoopla about RBN is just a total waste of time
    for me, and for those who don't have an xbox and who
    don't live in the US.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited January 2010
    esquehill;3447977 said:
    The RBN thing seems so limited. It's only for xbox.
    Not in Europe. Great. Since I don't have one, and never
    will, all this hoopla about RBN is just a total waste of time
    for me, and for those who don't have an xbox and who
    don't live in the US.
    Not really a waste of time because the best sellers will be made available to those who are not USA Xbox Users. At least, that is how I read the initial press release.

Right now, XNA is the only way to make this work and it is Xbox exclusive AND I believe the USA thing is due to copyright laws being slightly different between the nations.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited January 2010
    esquehill;3447977 said:
    ... and who don't live in the US.
    Originally Posted by HMXMister_Game
    RBN songs will be available for sale in North America (inc Canada) and Europe. Submitters of RBN songs will need to be from the U.S.

It's not a waste of time for the people in Europe at all. They will have access to the RBN store, which will launch with some amazing songs in it.
  • esquehillesquehill Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    ...ok, fine. But what's the RBN story for wii?
    edited January 2010
    esquehill;3448111 said:
    ...ok, fine. But what's the RBN story for wii?
    Same as PS3. Select songs will be added to the store.
    edited January 2010
    Casto21;3448049 said:
    RBN songs will be available for sale in North America (inc Canada) and Europe. Submitters of RBN songs will need to be from the U.S.

It's not a waste of time for the people in Europe at all. They will have access to the RBN store, which will launch with some amazing songs in it.
    In this instance, does Australia count as Europe?
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Casto21;3448049 said:

Indeed though europeans cannot submit songs onto the game... sucks for non-american indie bands on that front. I dont see any reason why this can be considered a waste of time, its revolutionary in my opinion.

People are complaining about it being Xbox only but as its the only machine with the tools in place to do it of course its going to be exclusive but not because HMX wanted it to be. Still i am concerned for what songs will port over to the other consoles (not a great way to expose lesser bands if only the bigger sellers are offered elsewhere, i mean great for established bands like Evanescence and Steve Vai who will sell on mass but not really the point of RBN that is it)
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Casto21;3448117 said:
    Same as PS3. Select songs will be added to the store.
    That's incorrect. At the moment, they haven't announced any plans for the Wii. Since the Wii doesn't support patches, it currently isn't possible for them to add RBN support to it.
    Awesome_Tree;3448975 said:
    In this instance, does Australia count as Europe?
    I'm pretty sure that there are no announced plans to bring RBN to Australia in any form, unfortunately.
    edited January 2010
    Quazifuji;3450453 said:
    That's incorrect. At the moment, they haven't announced any plans for the Wii. Since the Wii doesn't support patches, it currently isn't possible for them to add RBN support to it.
    Maybe they have changed their mind, but from the official press release:

"Stand out tracks will follow on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ console."

Also, who is to say if they are hand picking the songs and moving them to Wii that they couldn't use the existing store and therefore not need a patch.
    edited January 2010
    Quazifuji;3450453 said:

I'm pretty sure that there are no announced plans to bring RBN to Australia in any form, unfortunately.
    :'(

Can anyone tell me he's lying?
  • BullseyeBullseye Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Skode;3449336 said:
    Indeed though europeans cannot submit songs onto the game... sucks for non-american indie bands on that front. I dont see any reason why this can be considered a waste of time, its revolutionary in my opinion.

People are complaining about it being Xbox only but as its the only machine with the tools in place to do it of course its going to be exclusive but not because HMX wanted it to be. Still i am concerned for what songs will port over to the other consoles (not a great way to expose lesser bands if only the bigger sellers are offered elsewhere, i mean great for established bands like Evanescence and Steve Vai who will sell on mass but not really the point of RBN that is it)
    Well said. I'm guessing that those lesser bands will get their chance as RBN grows and people "discover" them. Word of mouth and DL stats will probably get some of these bands some exposure. Good music is good music no matter what your name is.