Question about RBN

oogaboohaoogabooha Road Warrior
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I got a message from my facebook feed saying this:

The Rock Band Network beta program has opened to the public, giving artists the tools to start authoring and submitting their music into Rock Band! Click the link for more info!

Wasn't it already opened to the public? Can someone explain this? 0_o

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    oogabooha;3446221 said:
    The Rock Band Network beta program has opened to the public, giving artists the tools to start authoring and submitting their music into Rock Band! Click the link for more info!

Wasn't it already opened to the public? Can someone explain this? 0_o
    Nope, it was in Closed Beta officially until yesterday, meaning by private invite only. Now it's in "Open Beta", meaning anybody that wants to can purchase an XNA account and join the beta testing. :)
  • PJudgePJudge Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Part of me wants to do this, but sadly due to lack of funding I can't. Which makes me feel like I'm missing out on laods because everywhere I look I see people talking about it and I want in. I have to pace myself and wait for the RBN store. I don't need an XNA account for the store I hope
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    PJudge;3446495 said:
    Part of me wants to do this, but sadly due to lack of funding I can't. Which makes me feel like I'm missing out on laods because everywhere I look I see people talking about it and I want in. I have to pace myself and wait for the RBN store. I don't need an XNA account for the store I hope
    nope, you don't need the XNA for the store.
  • PJudgePJudge Rising Star
    edited January 2010