Update, US?

jmohr1jmohr1 Opening Act
edited February 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
So, had some friends over last night and we fired up LRB and needed to update. Heard about the Euro patch, but what was this one about in the US?

Comments

• recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I thought it was for RBN, dunno. What were some of the glitches? I know that some songs were blurred out in freeplay for no reason and of few of the DLC songs wouldn't work right, and some people had issues triggering achievements (I still don't know when my achieved every gig achievement is supposed to happen).
  • Fatal_TFatal_T Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Since the update, I've noticed that the Queen songs and the Spinal Tap songs are now available to play - and no I haven't yet unlocked the minifigs yet.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2010
    Fatal_T;3450377 said:
    Since the update, I've noticed that the Queen songs and the Spinal Tap songs are now available to play - and no I haven't yet unlocked the minifigs yet.
    Oooh...

I'll have to fire it up on the PS3 soon. That's my biggest complaint about LRB (well, behind the filter, but I knew it would be that before I bought it)
  • ToddlerTNToddlerTN Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Is there any way to get the update via USB or ISO? I only have dialup access for the time being, so I can't connect it online.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    ToddlerTN;3452477 said:
    Is there any way to get the update via USB or ISO? I only have dialup access for the time being, so I can't connect it online.

nope, sorry.
  • guitarjackedguitarjacked Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I reall would like to know where the PS3 EU patch has gone? My version still hasn't asked me to update.
  • BlazioniteBlazionite Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    The update also blocks you from selecting any DLC when making or editing an album, though if any of your albums already has DLC songs the game won't remove them.
  • JuniorpopJuniorpop Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Blazionite;3453537 said:
    The update also blocks you from selecting any DLC when making or editing an album, though if any of your albums already has DLC songs the game won't remove them.
    Geez why would they do this? Kinda ruins the album thing for me.
  • iambecomingiambecoming Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Blazionite;3453537 said:
    If true, that is really disappointing. Is there anyway to remove the update once you've downloaded it, such as deleting the game data?

EDIT : I deleted the game data (NOT THE GAME SAVE) and went back into the game, cancelled the update when it tried to get me to download it and can now select DLC when making an album. Unless there is something major the update does I won't be redownloading it.
  • OrgasmicOrangeOrgasmicOrange Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    i downloaded the ps3 update and found that the singing is really screwed up now.... there is no pitch arrow when you sing so you fail all the time. what gives hmx????? anyone else have the same problem??
  • KMO_2000KMO_2000 Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    What's the big deal on the albums? Is it really that painful for just a few gigs to be restricted Lego Rock Band tracks only?

I'm sure it was deliberate, and it seems thematically sound to me - the albums tracks should be "your" tracks, rather than "covers" of stuff from outside the game.

I'm pretty sure my unpatched version restricted me to Lego tracks on albums - if yours was allowing it previously, it was probably an accidental glitch.
  • KMO_2000KMO_2000 Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    OrgasmicOrange;3468899 said:
    there is no pitch arrow when you sing so you fail all the time
    Can you be more specific - there's no pitch arrow, but it's still scoring you correctly? Or is it not scoring you? Do you hear yourself on the speakers?
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    i have the exact same problem as OrgasmicOrange, but on 360, ive used my headset to sing, but now with the patch, i cant see that little arrow that follows the pitch of the song, and yes the headset works with rb and rb2 just fine.
  • vicpacvicpac Opening Act
    edited February 2010
    I just installed the 1.01 patch on PS3. The pitch arrow is there and I am able to play Queen and Spinal Tap packs in Free Play. The Lego version of 'shakey arrow' on the PS3 remains.

Edit: I also can confirm that DLC is not selectable when you create albums. I already created my 6 but when I went to edit all of the DLC was missing from the list.
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    I'm 99 percent sure that the albums with no DLC is a glitch. I can see ZERO reason why that would be implemented. The rest of the game already forces the on-disc songs down your throat WAY too much.
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    I hope they're working on a fix to the LEGO only album sets.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    taylorlee;3471927 said:
    I'm 99 percent sure that the albums with no DLC is a glitch. I can see ZERO reason why that would be implemented. The rest of the game already forces the on-disc songs down your throat WAY too much.
    The only reason I can think that DLC wouldn't be included is because downloaded songs can be deleted from the hard drive, causing a lot of problems if you used DLC in an album. All of my albums so far are all on-disc songs as well, and it's certainly not because I enjoy playing Ruby three hundred times.

EDIT: For example... "Hmm, I don't need this Dead Weather pack anymore. Delete. Oh, no! I had No Hassle Night in one of my albums! *Lego Rock Band explodes.*"
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Mikachu;3482880 said:
    The only reason I can think that DLC wouldn't be included is because downloaded songs can be deleted from the hard drive, causing a lot of problems if you used DLC in an album. All of my albums so far are all on-disc songs as well, and it's certainly not because I enjoy playing Ruby three hundred times.

EDIT: For example... "Hmm, I don't need this Dead Weather pack anymore. Delete. Oh, no! I had No Hassle Night in one of my albums! *Lego Rock Band explodes.*"
    Pretty sure you can't delete individual DLC tracks on PS3.
  • GodKilla666GodKilla666 Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    BBBD;3483158 said:
    Pretty sure you can't delete individual DLC tracks on PS3.
    he's talking all DLC not individual.
  • DMBilliesDMBillies Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Mikachu;3482880 said:
    *Lego Rock Band explodes.*"
    This is the only reason I can imagine they would take away the ability to use DLC and I imagine just cutting out DLC would be a lot easier than having to recode parts of the game to "expect" deleted DLC and respond to it accordingly.
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    GodKilla666;3483237 said:
    he's talking all DLC not individual.
    That's why it doesn't make sense for that to be the reason they made the patch. On PS3 you can only delete ALL of your DLC, and who does that? Seriously, who up and decides they are going to delete all of it? If they did, wouldn't it be because they hate it and likely wouldn't use it on their LRB albums? Are there really that many people out there who delete all of their DLC that they felt they needed to create a patch to prevent people from saving setlists that include DLC?
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    Do the EU songs work on L:RB yet? Havn't played the game since that problem..
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited February 2010
    siee;3487251 said:
    Do the EU songs work on L:RB yet? Havn't played the game since that problem..
    It's working on my X360 configuration (EU 360, EU RB/RB2, US Lego, US Live).
  • BStu78BStu78 Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    BBBD;3483802 said:
    That's why it doesn't make sense for that to be the reason they made the patch. On PS3 you can only delete ALL of your DLC, and who does that? Seriously, who up and decides they are going to delete all of it? If they did, wouldn't it be because they hate it and likely wouldn't use it on their LRB albums? Are there really that many people out there who delete all of their DLC that they felt they needed to create a patch to prevent people from saving setlists that include DLC?
    First off, as I understand it, some PS3 owners DO delete all of their DLC and then re-download what they want. Aside from that, just the fact that it CAN be done and WILL break the game is reason enough to patch it. I was bummed out, too, but this makes sense for why that was changed in the patch. Its unfortunate, but entirely understandable.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    LoopyChew;3487702 said:
    It's working on my X360 configuration (EU 360, EU RB/RB2, US Lego, US Live).
    This is good news!
    Back to Lego after Megadeth. :D
    edited February 2010
    The thing about the "preventing deleted DLC" from albums though. don't they already have something in there to prevent you from playing DLC that you no longer have.

I've seen people complain about it with both Hysteria AND Rock and Roll Star, so I know the message "Game Code Not Found" exists in the game, and I'm certain that alone would suffice if you tried playing an album with a song you deleted.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited February 2010
    taylorlee;3498312 said:
    The thing about the "preventing deleted DLC" from albums though. don't they already have something in there to prevent you from playing DLC that you no longer have.

I've seen people complain about it with both Hysteria AND Rock and Roll Star, so I know the message "Game Code Not Found" exists in the game, and I'm certain that alone would suffice if you tried playing an album with a song you deleted.
    Doesn't that make the gig completely unplayable, though? I've heard about the errors, but I don't know many details about it. Pretending you had one particular downloaded song in all of your albums, there are gigs where you must replay previously recorded albums. If the song is no longer saved to your hard drive and the only thing stopping you from picking the album is a "Game Code Not Found" error, you could never play the setlist.
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited February 2010
    Can't you change your album setlists? Also, I hate the idea of patching a game to take away a feature to protect what has to be a limited number of people from their own stupidity.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited February 2010
    Are you sure this was deliberate? It could be an inexplicable side effect of allowing Queen songs to be played in setlists.
    edited February 2010
    That side effect is definitely what I'm thinking. If this game is as casual as it's trying to be to try and stupid-proof-fence it's users by not allowing DLC for albums, I'm pretty sure that most of those people don't know how to even delete DLC from the HDD.

Making creatively themed albums was probably my favorite part of the game, and it's such a shame that new users cannot do so with some of their own downloaded songs.