Representing your Relationship with Harmonix

HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
edited July 2010 in The Rock Band Network
This is one of those things that I really shouldn’t have to tell you, but in the interest of making it absolutely crystal clear, here we go:

You may not represent or imply, in public or private, that you have any relationship with or endorsement by Harmonix, MTV, or the Rock Band Network.

If we find out that you have attempted to mislead a band, artist, label, or really anyone (and we will find out. We know people):

[LIST=1]
[*]The first offense will result in a 30 day ban from creators.rockband.com and/or these forums.
[*]Any subsequent offense will result in a permanent ban from creators.
[*]There will be no refunds for the XNA subscription that you purchased.
[*]In serious cases we will discuss the issue with Microsoft, and they may also take action which could include revoking your XNA membership, banning your Gamertag, or even banning your console from Xbox Live.
[/LIST]
It is appropriate to mention that you are enthusiastic member of the community, that you are the head of a successful authoring house, that you are a Scorpio with a fiery passion for Latin Rock, or whatever. We love that you guys are so enthusiastic about the program. We also understand that misunderstandings may happen, and we certainly aren’t going to punish anyone for innocent mistakes. But we would also like you to go out of your way to make sure that those mistakes don’t happen.

A recent unfortunate incident has led to our first 30 day ban. This was not a case of a misunderstanding. The creator in question referred to “our games” and mentioned that he was emailing “on behalf of Harmonix.” Just in case you are scoring along at home he did NOT work for Harmonix. This is totally unacceptable.

Thank you for reading. You may now return to your regularly scheduled authoring of teh ROCK.

Comments

• TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    That's terrible someone would mislead people that. That does nothing but hurt the reputation of the RBN. :(

When Ozone Entertainment approaches people, we start off by saying we are "one of the companies working on the Rock Band Network, an initiative by Harmonix Music Systems that allows artists to more directly bring their music into the Rock Band video game." When going into further detail, we directly state we're independent of Harmonix.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2010
    Wow.

The world is full of a lot of under handed people trying to coast on the good name/work of others.

Bah on humanity!
  • MarsPhoenixMarsPhoenix Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Is it fair game to mention being a group that was part of the closed beta, or might that count as 'endorsement'?
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Brings me to a question. Who on this earth would claim to work for someone who does not give them a paycheck? Very strange..... I sure as heck wouldn't.
  • RidethePiggyRidethePiggy Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    bjyaritz;3451795 said:
    Brings me to a question. Who on this earth would claim to work for someone who does not give them a paycheck? Very strange..... I sure as heck wouldn't.
    Some kids would think that it's cool to claim to work at Harmonix. It's kind of like those guys at a bar that claim they're pilots, or UFC fighters, or whatever else.
  • edited January 2010
    RidethePiggy;3451801 said:
    It's kind of like those guys at a bar that claim they're pilots, or UFC fighters, or whatever else.
    I used to be a UFC fighter pilot. True story, swear to God.
  • RidethePiggyRidethePiggy Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    HMXHenry;3451820 said:
    I'd buy you a drink if I heard that at a bar.
    It'd have to be a mojito though.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    what if through extreme persistence we manage to FINALLY weasel our way into a relationship with a HMX employee?
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    HMXHenry;3451820 said:
    You can be my wingman any time.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    HMXHenry;3451820 said:
    is that Unlimited Flight Company?
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    afterstasis;3451894 said:
    what if through extreme persistence we manage to FINALLY weasel our way into a relationship with a HMX employee?
    They would have to wear the pants in the house and bring home the bacon. Then you could say you're an affiliate.[/offtopic]

Bollocks to the person/group who instigated this. Could an additional punishment be a release of physical address and/or email on the forums for repeat offenders?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited January 2010
    Brian Bright!

What a scamp.
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I get the feeling that this is why the 36th (or 38th) song was removed from the RBN :/
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited January 2010
    Harmonix is my friend. Friend with benefits.
  • HMXMister_GameHMXMister_Game Harmonix Developer
    edited February 2010
    SpiderSambo;3454899 said:
    I get the feeling that this is why the 36th (or 38th) song was removed from the RBN :/
    Stop it now! That sort of rumormongering will get you in trouble!

No, the song got deleted accidentally by one of us.

Fortunately the creator was very understanding. He resubmitted and we got the song approved again in a few days. We put some checks in place to keep it from happening again. That's why it's a beta test...
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited March 2010
    HMXHenry;3451820 said:
    Oh yeah, well I used to be God. And I quit because everybody kept swearing at me! ;)
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    I feel bad because my Xbox Live gamertag is "HMXTaylorLee".

I used the HMX prefix to show my respect to what is probably my favorite game company out there, and how I bought the 360 SOLELY for Rock Band 2. but I sure did not intend to cause any troubles. I am not currently a member of the XNA, or currently authoring Rock Band Network songs, but if I were, I would do everything to make it abundantly clear that I have no relation to Harmonix.

I get asked if I work for Harmonix quite often on Quickplay, and I always tell them "No, I just like them a lot".

If I had seen this sticky, I would have named myself something different, honest!
  • Darth_LogoDarth_Logo Unsigned
    edited March 2010
    I have something similar to taylorlee. On COD:MW2, I use "HMX" as my clan tag. I'm just not into the whole clan thing, but I thought it'd be neat to put it in front of my tag, like taylorlee said, "to show my respect to what is probably my favorite game company out there". Now, nobody has ever while killing or being killed by me asked, "Hey, do you work for Harmonix?" If they would, then I would clearly iterate the truth that I do not, as taylorlee said. And, I don't know if you guys use this "HMX" as an official clan tag or anything.

Personally, it's never been a problem with me before and I don't forsee it being one in the future, but I just thought after reading this I oughta double check. If you guys want me to change it to something else I will gladly do so. =)
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited April 2010
    afterstasis;3451894 said:
    I was going to ask that. I end up drunk at bars in boston a lot, you never know who you're going to wake up with.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    taylorlee;3549314 said:
    I feel bad because my Xbox Live gamertag is "HMXTaylorLee".

I used the HMX prefix to show my respect to what is probably my favorite game company out there, and how I bought the 360 SOLELY for Rock Band 2. but I sure did not intend to cause any troubles. I am not currently a member of the XNA, or currently authoring Rock Band Network songs, but if I were, I would do everything to make it abundantly clear that I have no relation to Harmonix.

I get asked if I work for Harmonix quite often on Quickplay, and I always tell them "No, I just like them a lot".

If I had seen this sticky, I would have named myself something different, honest!
    You CAN change your GT (though I never really thought it was worth 800 points)
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    HMXMister_Game;3450967 said:
    This is one of those things that I really shouldn’t have to tell you, but in the interest of making it absolutely crystal clear, here we go:

You may not represent or imply, in public or private, that you have any relationship with or endorsement by Harmonix, MTV, or the Rock Band Network.

If we find out that you have attempted to mislead a band, artist, label, or really anyone (and we will find out. We know people):

[LIST=1]
    [*]The first offense will result in a 30 day ban from creators.rockband.com and/or these forums.
    [*]Any subsequent offense will result in a permanent ban from creators.
    [*]There will be no refunds for the XNA subscription that you purchased.
    [*]In serious cases we will discuss the issue with Microsoft, and they may also take action which could include revoking your XNA membership, banning your Gamertag, or even banning your console from Xbox Live.
    [/LIST]
    It is appropriate to mention that you are enthusiastic member of the community, that you are the head of a successful authoring house, that you are a Scorpio with a fiery passion for Latin Rock, or whatever. We love that you guys are so enthusiastic about the program. We also understand that misunderstandings may happen, and we certainly aren’t going to punish anyone for innocent mistakes. But we would also like you to go out of your way to make sure that those mistakes don’t happen.

A recent unfortunate incident has led to our first 30 day ban. This was not a case of a misunderstanding. The creator in question referred to “our games” and mentioned that he was emailing “on behalf of Harmonix.” Just in case you are scoring along at home he did NOT work for Harmonix. This is totally unacceptable.

Thank you for reading. You may now return to your regularly scheduled authoring of teh ROCK.
    when is August Burns Red gonna be available for download because it's already August and i think there should be more Christian metalcore bands uploaded to Rock band NETwork .