Brazilian and Japanese music in the RBN will be possible??

Nigel7Nigel7 Unsigned
edited March 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hello Team Harmonix, good night!

My name is Nigel and I am from Brazil, I wonder if it is possible that Brazilian music and appearing in Japanese RBN? If so, see music from anime Naruto, Saint Seiya? or the network will be exclusive only to American music? I would also like to know when the DLC will be released for players of Rock Band 2 on PS3?

Comments

• oogaboohaoogabooha Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I'd love some Skank on RBN
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    At the moment, Rock Band Network only supports songs in English, French, Spanish, and Italian; this might change in the future as RBN expands.

PlayStation 3 will support "select songs" on a one-month delay. I have no idea if this means 50% or 99% or merely careful wording just in case a few songs slip through the cracks.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited January 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised to see international-success bands like Maximum the Hormone or Sepultura. Though otherwise, I would say it is not likely, I don't think Rock Band even operates in Japan or Brazil.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Sepuultura would be awesome.
  • SpiderSamboSpiderSambo Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Cliphead;3452532 said:
    At the moment, Rock Band Network only supports songs in English, French, Spanish, and Italian; this might change in the future as RBN expands.
    Damn, if only it supported Portuguese then we'd have another huge segment of the globe covered :/
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    My wish for RB is that we have all kinds of different languages/kinds of music represented in the game.

That said, we definitely need more than 4 languages, especially Japanese cause that would make a lot of people happy.

I for one would be a happy camper if we got The Seatbelts and The Pillows in the game.
  • SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    We've signed the Brazillian Prog Group, Mindflow, at Rhythm Authors. It's definitely plausible, but the artists would need to find an authoring company, or a submission service. At least until the legal stuff is all sorted out for other countries.
  • jmemmersonjmemmerson Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    The thing is, Harmonix choose those languages because they're all Latin-based and have the characters, making them easier to sing for people from the US and most of Europe. Portugese shouldn't be too much of a struggle, but it's because you can type these languages from a standard US keyboard that it makes it easier. I hope that helps
  • ZhaneBXZhaneBX Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    I don't see a problem with japanese, because there is "Romaji" which allows you to write every japanese letter/words/etc with a simple normal US-layout keyboard.

I hope they add more languages, there are really some bands i like to see that sing in japanese, finnish or german :D
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Well, Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult was released on the RB store. How is that relevant? There's six or so phrases of romaji in the song! So why couldn't we have RBN songs with whole songs with romaji in them? :)
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited January 2010
    I would think one of the main concerns would be testing. There would have to be enough people who spoke any added language doing play testing and peer review to make sure everything was fine.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 2010
    Casto21;3459597 said:
    I would think one of the main concerns would be testing. There would have to be enough people who spoke any added language doing play testing and peer review to make sure everything was fine.
    That's not just one of the main concerns, that's THE main concern. :)
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Awesome_Tree;3459535 said:
    Well, Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult was released on the RB store. How is that relevant? There's six or so phrases of romaji in the song! So why couldn't we have RBN songs with whole songs with romaji in them? :)
    Hah! I was just about to mention that: I was so tickled that they charted it. :)

I'd love to get some POLYSICS in RBN.

- m
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    It doesn't matter what we see in the main Music Store since we already have songs with German and Hebrew lyrics.
  • BravoBardoBravoBardo Opening Act
    edited March 2010
    Brazillian Prog Group, Mindflow...

I have to say - I'm brazilian and did not know this band, but I liked its songs.

Arf... so sad I'm a PS3 owner...

Well, but I hope two things:
    A XML-like stuff for PS3;
    Brazilian songs on RB;

Am I dreaming too much?
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited March 2010
    The major thing stopping Japanese songs would be the lack of a Japanese language tick-box on the song page (so far being limited to English, French, Spanish and Italian). As others have mentioned, romaji would would just perfectly, and I'm dying to see some Japanese bands appear for sale on RBN
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited March 2010
    SpiderSambo;3453197 said:
    Damn, if only it supported Portuguese then we'd have another huge segment of the globe covered :/
    Amen. Also, considering that Germany is among the countries with access to the RBN and listed as a possible origin country, I'm astonished to find that German is not yet a supported language. Granted, that segment of the globe is a wee bit smaller than the one for Portuguese, but still...
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited March 2010
    jmemmerson;3454890 said:
    The thing is, Harmonix choose those languages because they're all Latin-based and have the characters, making them easier to sing for people from the US and most of Europe.
    Nope, it's because there isn't enough reviewers that know those languages so in order to check for language you have to be able to understand it.

Edit: I guess this has been said previously in this thread.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Cliphead;3452532 said:
    Huh... not German? That surprises me, since there's already German songs in RB, as official HMX DLC.
  • Ferocious QFerocious Q Headliner
    edited March 2010
    Any Japanese songs would be cool! Like the themes from Detective Conan or Fullmetal Alchemist!
  • pacifistWITHgunpacifistWITHgun Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    Couldn't you just like fake the language and put it down as being something else? Or use a song that has partial English/other language lyrics?

I second what that other dude said about getting some Maximum the Hormone in RB...
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited March 2010
    pacifistWITHgun;3549674 said:
    Couldn't you just like fake the language and put it down as being something else?
    That would probably get shot down in playtesting.

I don't know what the rule would be on a song that just has a handful of lines in an unsupported language, but I assume it would still be trouble at this point. I do hope that they will add support for more languages in the near future.
  • VedicardiVedicardi Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    It's possible, no question