$59.99 for Wii????

StuPittStuPitt Unsigned
edited February 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I believe this is the highest priced game ever for Wii.

Too bad, I want the game but would never spend $60 for a video game. Can not believe in today's economy they woudl charge that kinda money.

Just recently found some instruments and not gotta wait to get this.

Comments

• ReaverReaver Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Get used to it. Games on the 360/PS3 have been $60 since they launched. Like the price of gas, game prices can do nothing but go up.
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Suck it up. All general console games in Australia are $90-110. Even with currency conversion, it's still more.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    StuPitt;3453020 said:
    I believe this is the highest priced game ever for Wii.

Too bad, I want the game but would never spend $60 for a video game. Can not believe in today's economy they woudl charge that kinda money.

Just recently found some instruments and not gotta wait to get this.
    You do realize you could probably go to Amazon or a Gamestop and get it cheaper, yes?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited January 2010
    It's a licencing issue. You'll notice that GH5 disc was also $60 on the wii.

Given the only feature the Wii version was missing is the ability to play the Abby Road Medley (if you cared), it's still a good deal for a good game.

Of course, it goes for less now. Heck, I've seen the Collectors edition on clearance at Target.
  • bootz0rsbootz0rs Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Wii owners love to complain about not being given equal content but they aren't willing to pay the equal money.
  • UmbrellaIncUmbrellaInc Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    1. All new games cost about that much. You could probably find it for $40ish on eBay, Craigslist, etc. $50 at Gamestop.
    2. Even NES games were $50 new, and that was 25 years ago.
  • SysyphusSysyphus Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Well... you pay your money and make your choice, or not.

Personally I''ve already had and continue to have many hours of fun (and frustration ;) ) with this game, far more than just about any other Wii game I've ever bought, except perhaps Mariokart.
  • iNick64iNick64 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Hey just suck it up and pay the 60$ for it... i payed 250 and i didn't care
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Bront20;3453048 said:
    It's a licencing issue. You'll notice that GH5 disc was also $60 on the wii.

Given the only features the Wii version are missing are the ability to play the Abby Road Medley, good graphics, All You Need Is Love, and cheaper songs (if you cared), it's still a good deal for a good game.

Of course, it goes for less now. Heck, I've seen the Collectors edition on clearance at Target.
    fixed.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Actually, the only difference I saw between the Wii's graphics on an big HD TV and the 360 graphics on a small HD TV was the fuzziness.

Wii looks about the same, just slightly fuzzier.

Anyway, OP, just buy the damn game.

/thread, and all that.
  • JShadowz666JShadowz666 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    bootz0rs;3453053 said:
    Wii owners love to complain about not being given equal content but they aren't willing to pay the equal money.
    Q-F-MF'ING-T

could not put it better if I tried.
    edited January 2010
    bootz0rs;3453053 said:
    Not all, only some. I paid for the game, but Wii owners have to pay more for albums, which sucks.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    bootz0rs;3453053 said:
    Only a small, vocal minority. I play TB:RB on Wii, I love it, and I've bought all the DLC. No complaints from me: I'm amazed Harmonix got the game to look so great on this console.

Most Wii owners don't complain because they don't know what a forum is.

And, OP, I don't believe you're serious. Aren't you the one who recently said you were switching to GH just because you couldn't find official RB instruments? As if playing RB2 with GH equipment was impossible? Now you're staying you'd pay $50 for a game, but never, never, NEVER $60? Don't buy fast food for a couple of days and you'll have made up the money.
  • azcoyotedogazcoyotedog Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Rich T.;3453702 said:
    Only a small, vocal minority. I play TB:RB on Wii, I love it, and I've bought all the DLC. No complaints from me: I'm amazed Harmonix got the game to look so great on this console.

And, OP, I don't believe you're serious. Aren't you the one who recently said you were switching to GH just because you couldn't find official RB instruments? As if playing RB2 with GH equipment was impossible? Now you're staying you'd pay $50 for a game, but never, never, NEVER $60? Don't buy fast food for a couple of days and you'll have made up the money.

As usual, Rich T comes thru with a perfect response! Considering everything I have heard about Xbox and Playstation.... I'm good with my Wii and TB:RB!
  • StuPittStuPitt Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Rich T.;3453702 said:

Yes, I am the one and I did get Band Hero instruments because I could not find RB ones for Wii. $60 is WAY too much for anyone to pay for a video game. I want the game, But I just spent $120 on Band Hero and instruments....got it for cheaper because I had some reward dollars. Now I am supposed to pay $60 for this game????

Do you people have any bills.? If I spent full price for Band Hero at $200 and then $60 to play Beatles Rock Band? Wow, that is expensive. I am from Michigan and 50% of the people in this area are unemployed....the wife goes on the unemployment line possibly this week. To ask basically for people to spend $260 to play Beatles Rock Band is crazy.

I will get the game eventually but not until prices go down. $60???? Do you have a water Bill? Rent?

And as for paying more, Wii people have to spend more to get Rock Band instruments......so don't rag on Wii buyers. I see sales for instruments on this very site, but only for 360 and PS3 people. Was in a store the other day they did have one Wii Rock Band 2......cost MORE than the PS3 and 360. I was saying $60 for Beatles Rock Band because NO OTHER GAME FOR THE WII COST THAT MUCH....disc only. Rock Band is charging money off Wii just off the instruments. Keep in mind the Wii is promoted as the video game system for families.

And as far as complaining about content in Wii games? Haven't done that yet have I????

This is a forum and I am saying this because I want my voice heard. Try sending BH and email...it is a black hole. I sent two and never heard back.
  • ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    $60 is the same for all video games. GH5 was $60.

It's just for most of America, poverty is having a 360 and Xbox Live Gold with a Plasma TV. There's only actually a small amount of Americans who are experiencing the depression the way it was experienced in the 20s-30s.

And the instruments are the same price.

$60 isn't that much anymore dude.
    edited January 2010
    StuPitt;3455449 said:
    Yes, I am the one and I did get Band Hero instruments because I could not find RB ones for Wii. $60 is WAY too much for anyone to pay for a video game. I want the game, But I just spent $120 on Band Hero and instruments....got it for cheaper because I had some reward dollars. Now I am supposed to pay $60 for this game????

Do you people have any bills.? If I spent full price for Band Hero at $200 and then $60 to play Beatles Rock Band? Wow, that is expensive. I am from Michigan and 50% of the people in this area are unemployed....the wife goes on the unemployment line possibly this week. To ask basically for people to spend $260 to play Beatles Rock Band is crazy.

I will get the game eventually but not until prices go down. $60???? Do you have a water Bill? Rent?

And as for paying more, Wii people have to spend more to get Rock Band instruments......so don't rag on Wii buyers. I see sales for instruments on this very site, but only for 360 and PS3 people. Was in a store the other day they did have one Wii Rock Band 2......cost MORE than the PS3 and 360. I was saying $60 for Beatles Rock Band because NO OTHER GAME FOR THE WII COST THAT MUCH....disc only. Rock Band is charging money off Wii just off the instruments. Keep in mind the Wii is promoted as the video game system for families.

And as far as complaining about content in Wii games? Haven't done that yet have I????

This is a forum and I am saying this because I want my voice heard. Try sending BH and email...it is a black hole. I sent two and never heard back.
    To give perspective to this guy's "unemployment" plea, I have been laid off for three months, my girlfriend/roommate/co-payment has been visiting relatives for two, and I've managed fairly well. True, the last non-Ramen meal was a week ago, and I've turned the heater a bit on the colder side, but it's nowhere near as horrible as what this guy is claiming. I managed to keep the house, electric, all these "insurmountable" bills at bay, and had some room for a few DSi games and movie trips.

You're being a cheap bastard, dude. Plain and simple. If you REALLY feel like you don't want to pay the whopping ten bucks extra, Rock Revolution can go for as low as five bucks. Sounds right up your alley.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited January 2010
    iNick64;3453156 said:
    Hey just suck it up and pay the 60$ for it... i payed 250 and i didn't care
    You payed $250 for one game??! :confused:
    edited January 2010
    StuPitt;3455449 said:

You spent $120 on Band Hero and now you whine because this game is too much?! $60 is the general pricing for new games. Its not your say what price they are, so quit whining. Just because its on the Wii doesn't make it any different. Try paying $60 for every game on the PS3/360. You don't see us complaining.

You're unemployed yet you still find the money to buy video games? Why not pay your bills first, then find a job, get an extra $60, then buy this game. Seriously, people need to take reality into consideration before pooling their funds into video games.

Don't cry poverty when you're still dishing out $120 for games and have trouble paying your water bill. Jesus...
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    $60 = ~£37

Man, what a rip off! I only paid £14 for mine on the Wii.
    £37 for ANY Wii game is just ridiculous. Most of them cost £29.99 here.

And I thought our prices sucked.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    StuPitt;3455449 said:
    I want the game, But I just spent $120 on Band Hero and instruments....got it for cheaper because I had some reward dollars. Now I am supposed to pay $60 for this game????
    So you should get the game for cheaper because you bought a different game and hardware from the most directly competing company?
    edited January 2010
    Reaver;3455702 said:
    You spent $120 on Band Hero and now you whine because this game is too much?! $60 is the general pricing for new games. Its not your say what price they are, so quit whining. Just because its on the Wii doesn't make it any different. Try paying $60 for every game on the PS3/360. You don't see us complaining.

You're unemployed yet you still find the money to buy video games? Why not pay your bills first, then find a job, get an extra $60, then buy this game. Seriously, people need to take reality into consideration before pooling their funds into video games.

Don't cry poverty when you're still dishing out $120 for games and have trouble paying your water bill. Jesus...
    WRONG! $60 is not regular for Wii. It is the most expensive game ever made for the Wii. What is it with you people defending everything. Just because you spent $60 for the game?

I spent $120 for Band hero with the game. I want to get Rock Band but Best Buy had Band Hero which is regulary $200 for $150 and I had $35 in credit to Best Buy. The $120 was money I got for christmas to get myself something I wanted...if I must defend myself. And I am not unemployed. You people kill me...you really do.

Look I am just saying I will not play $60 for a cartidge...especially when NO OTHER WII GAME cost that much....NOT ONE.

I write this so people at Rock Band take note. I write this so when a major website like AOlLwrites what a flop Beatles Rock Band was that the makers of the game know why....you slappies....go right ahead...they will charge more because it seems like you have no freakin limit to what you will spend. They are probably reading your comments now and saying thank god for these video game nerds...they are keeping us a float. lol. AOL did write an article on their main page the other day....saying Rock Band and Guitar Hero games are on the decline. Go read it before you attack me.
  • chumsicleschumsicles Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    StuPitt;3456500 said:

Look I am just saying I will not play $60 for a cartidge...especially when NO OTHER WII GAME cost that much....NOT ONE.
    Guitar Hero 5
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited January 2010
    StuPitt;3456500 said:
    chumsicles;3456520 said:
    Guitar Hero 5
    Confirmed
    edited January 2010
    chumsicles;3456520 said:
    Guitar Hero 5
    Don't forget DJ Hero, which is considerably more due to the peripheral. Similar deal with Tony Hawk: Ride.
    edited January 2010
    StuPitt;3456500 said:
    WRONG! $60 is not regular for Wii. It is the most expensive game ever made for the Wii. What is it with you people defending everything. Just because you spent $60 for the game?

I spent $120 for Band hero with the game. I want to get Rock Band but Best Buy had Band Hero which is regulary $200 for $150 and I had $35 in credit to Best Buy. The $120 was money I got for christmas to get myself something I wanted...if I must defend myself. And I am not unemployed. You people kill me...you really do.

I write this so people at Rock Band take note. I write this so when a major website like AOlLwrites what a flop Beatles Rock Band was that the makers of the game know why....you slappies....go right ahead...they will charge more because it seems like you have no freakin limit to what you will spend. They are probably reading your comments now and saying thank god for these video game nerds...they are keeping us a float. lol. AOL did write an article on their main page the other day....saying Rock Band and Guitar Hero games are on the decline. Go read it before you attack me.
    Whatever. Do what you want. I really don't care. I put down $60 to play it and am enjoying every minute of it. Worth every penny I spent. Just know that Gamestop can easily sell you the game for probably $30 used.

But like I said, you get the exact same thing on the PS3/360 for $60, so what makes the Wii version any different that it must have $10 knocked off of it? If you want it bad enough you'd shell out the extra $10.
    edited January 2010
    Reaver;3456587 said:
    But like I said, you get the exact same thing on the PS3/360 for $60, so what makes the Wii version any different that it must have $10 knocked off of it? If you want it bad enough you'd shell out the extra $10.
    I'm not defending the guy, but the Wii version has worse graphics and more expensive songs and doesn't get Abbey Road Medley and All You Need Is Love.
  • edited January 2010
    The price of a game disc or cartridge has been relatively stable around $50 since the late 1980s.

Considering that over the same timespan that the price of food, gas, and basic necessities has nearly doubled.

I have a hard time begruding game makers for adjusting to inflation when every other industry has as well. Especially considering that most Xbox and PS3 games have been at $60 for the better part of 5 years.
  • Andyx1337Andyx1337 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I grant it you want to save, I mean who doesn't? But it's either shelling the money even in this economy, wait for the prices to get lower, exchange some games or just plain ol' not buying it.
    edited January 2010
    gamegyro56;3456639 said:
    I'm not defending the guy, but the Wii version has worse graphics and more expensive songs and doesn't get Abbey Road Medley and All You Need Is Love.
    That is another point. Yet, the cartridge cost the same and the instruments cost more (if you can find them). Which is really odd, because 360 and PS3 games generally cost more.

Oddly enough guys...really what you do not see is that I am defending you. This trend is about the ridiculous amount that they charge for these games even in a terrible economy. Seriously the game is $60...instruments to play it are around $200. Downloads are what $2 a song. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$