Super Easy mode?

DikarikaDikarika Unsigned
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Does anybody have any video showing what "Super Easy" mode is like? I can't seem to find much info about it. I can only compare it to Beginner mode in Guitar Hero, which frankly, although easy, requires the speed of a roadrunner for most songs.

Is LRB Super Easy mode easier that that, or about the same?

Comments

• RapstahRapstah Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I haven't actually played it, but from what I've heard you get points from playing whatever every 4th note.
  • DikarikaDikarika Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    So, it seems info on this mode is pretty sparse. Even YouTube turns up no videos (well, a few for singing, but I'm more interested in instruments...)

:(
  • IggyDevilChildIggyDevilChild Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    If i remember rightly the charts are the same as they are for easy mode but you don't have to hold a fret on guitar or hit the right pad on drums just strum or hit at the correct moment. Good for kids :)
  • Canned_PromiseCanned_Promise Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Wikipedia is your friend:

"This includes the addition of a "Super Easy" mode in which the player only needs to hit any button or pad on the guitar or drum controller to play along."
  • KineticArtistKineticArtist Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    how about just paying the super easy mode to see what its like but then again even ecpert on lego rockband is pretty easy and guess what... YOU cant fail....
  • BreathtakerBreathtaker Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    My son (age 7) plays on this mode. It's great for kids learning rhythm and getting into the game. The charts appear to be the "Easy" charts for the game.

Guitar: All he has to do is strum when the note passes. He can push or not push buttons as they go by-it doesn't matter.

Drums: Disables the foot pedal automatically. Can hit any drum pad when the note passes.

I have no idea on vocals-he sings on easy/medium when he sings.

This mode has been great for him--he can't play guitar/drums on RB2 yet, so this has opened up a whole new set of instrument fun for him. He's starting to work the buttons as they pass too, so it seems to be a nice way to step into easy mode and beyond.

Hope this helps.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    YouTube wouldn't help because it's visually exactly the same as Easy except for vocals, in which all the notes look like talkies and any pitch can be sung.
  • IanC14IanC14 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    ... it does tell you in the manual.

but yes its like beginner mode from guitar hero, cept it shows the easy layout on the highway.

Vocals are all talkies, essentially. Just sing at the right time no worry about pitch. Which is handy if you are tone-deaf like me :eek:
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited January 2010
    A big visual difference between Super Easy here and Beginner in GH, is that from what I've seen, GH's Beginner mode just uses long rainbow lines for every note, where LRB's Super Easy mode actually displays the regular notes of the Easy chart. So you don't get scored about hitting the specific notes, but you can at least try
  • IanC14IanC14 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    LuigiHann;3455277 said:
    A big visual difference between Super Easy here and Beginner in GH, is that from what I've seen, GH's Beginner mode just uses long rainbow lines for every note, where LRB's Super Easy mode actually displays the regular notes of the Easy chart. So you don't get scored about hitting the specific notes, but you can at least try
    Yeah, its much better designed in that respect.
  • DikarikaDikarika Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Ah, thanks.

I couldn't find anything online about, but luckily I have the forums!

Thanks for all the replies, "easy mode +" seems to be the consensus.

Sounds much better than the GH rainbow mode. Not as speed intensive, anyway.

The GH demo's I've tried have beginner mode, but the lines seem to fly by at expert pace. Which, teaches nothing on how to play. Maybe I'll snag some LRB instead of Band Hero after all.