How Many Songs are Available to Playtest/Peer Review?

Shadow2222Shadow2222 Opening Act
edited January 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'm sure the answer is right in front of me, so I apologize if I'm reiterating an already answered question, which is...

How many songs (approximately) are available to playtest/peer review right now?

The reason I am asking is because I am thinking about getting an XNA membership, but I am really short on money. The only thing I would be doing is playtesting songs, so I don't want to buy it if there are only 20 or so songs to play at the moment.

Also, out of curiousity, what happens when a song is approved? Is the .rba/.rbs file taken out of wherever you get those from?

Comments

• KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Yeah once a song is approved you can't download it anymore. There are 27 songs in Peer Review and 86 songs in playtest. There is plenty to do and there is only going to be more. Especially since the open beta just started, I expect quite a bit more content flooding the site in the next couple of weeks.
  • Shadow2222Shadow2222 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the quick reply. I still am not sure if I'm getting a membership, but this helps me out in making my decision.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited January 2010
    There is definitely an abundance of cool songs to test and review in all sorts of genres. I am having a blast testing all these songs and think it is definitely worth shelling out 50 bucks for XNA. Just my opinion.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    If they open peer reviewing to Canada, I'll probably pick up an XNA membership and do lots of peer reviewing, but until then.....
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    just our of curiosity, i forgot and cant find the link.
    peer review and testing is how much of a song?
    10% or 30sec?

p.s. I'm in canada also, hope it becomes available to us someday.
  • Shadow2222Shadow2222 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Unless I'm wrong, 30% or 1 minute is for PREVIEWING the song once its in the store (when it opens).

With an XNA membership, Magma, and a Xbox Live (gold) enabled console, you can playtest/peer review ENTIRE songs, but you have to transfer them one at a time, and they don't stay on your console.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Shadow2222;3456111 said:
    Unless I'm wrong, 30% or 1 minute is for PREVIEWING the song once its in the store (when it opens).

With an XNA membership, Magma, and a Xbox Live (gold) enabled console, you can playtest/peer review ENTIRE songs, but you have to transfer them one at a time, and they don't stay on your console.
    That's right.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    solidsnakejt;3456090 said:
    just our of curiosity, i forgot and cant find the link.
    peer review and testing is how much of a song?
    10% or 30sec?

p.s. I'm in canada also, hope it becomes available to us someday.
    No, that applies to previewing a song in the RBN store. Playtesting/peer review is for people with XNA accounts, and they test the unaproved songs and give feedback on how to improve them or you could give them a positve vote and help the song pass into the RBN store.

EDIT: ninja'd
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    ok thx all for the replies,
    now i can only hope canada gets it someday.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited January 2010
    To give you an idea of how many songs have come pouring in, Kariodude said there were 27 songs in Peer Review and 86 songs in Playtest on sunday morning. There are now 24 in Peer Review and 114 in Playtest.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    k-mac;3456122 said:
    or you could give them a positve vote and help the song pass into the RBN store.
    Just out of curiosity...how many votes does a song need to pass through review? I've always had this lingering feeling in my gut that if a big enough band came through the system that they could potentially get "rushed" through to release just because people would be so excited to finally have their content.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    T-Hybrid;3459641 said:
    Just out of curiosity...how many votes does a song need to pass through review? I've always had this lingering feeling in my gut that if a big enough band came through the system that they could potentially get "rushed" through to release just because people would be so excited to finally have their content.
    8 reviews, and then it is checked by Harmonix based on the reviews before being approved or potentially failed. Yes, a song can be "rushed" through, and one has been so far (although it wasn't that far off from perfect, so it was approved). However, supposing the authors don't promote their songs until they are designated as ready in playtest, this shouldn't be a big issue.